Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 873200 times)

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #11145 on: June 12, 2024, 04:58:25 PM »
Hi Penny
I was away on holiday during the horse fair.We saw a few bow top vans and horse boxes heading south as we returned north on Sunday evening. Linda is right that Kendal is not really affected. I have said in the past that it can affect days out for us (especially visits to Sedburgh which is one of our favourites) and when I worked in the small department store (now closed) the women would visit to buy bedding and cookware and they and the children could be a force to be reckoned with. Happily retired now so I am not aware of how many visit Kendal to shop but I am sure some do as it is the nearest bigger settlement. I saw on the net today that another horse has been found dead. I feel very sorry for the Appleby residents as the noise and mess etc must be hard to cope with. Christine

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11146 on: June 12, 2024, 05:15:48 PM »
I'm going to watch a bit of toot telly!

Hi Pen,

I've been meaning to ask you for some time what the hell is "toot telly".  Even ET couldn't tell me.

It is a big time for the Cleveland mob.  Yesterday, Ruby went back to the breeder to have her pups - due on 1 July.  Eldest grandson had a birthday today and is now a teenager.  We had a post breakfast celebration for him this morning.  Tonight at 10 O’clock, the lot of them jet off to Los Angeles to start a 3-week holiday in the US. It will still be his birthday when they arrive at 6.30 pm LA time.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 05:25:29 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #11147 on: June 12, 2024, 08:58:42 PM »

I've been meaning to ask you for some time what the hell is "toot telly".  Even ET couldn't tell me.

It is a big time for the Cleveland mob.  Yesterday, Ruby went back to the breeder to have her pups - due on 1 July.  Eldest grandson had a birthday today and is now a teenager.  We had a post breakfast celebration for him this morning.  Tonight at 10 O’clock, the lot of them jet off to Los Angeles to start a 3-week holiday in the US. It will still be his birthday when they arrive at 6.30 pm LA time.

Hi Jack

It sounds like the Cleveland Mob are in for an amazing holiday  :) Your eldest Grandson will have a birthday to remember. You'll have to let us know where they are visiting.  I presume they wont be staying in one place for the whole three weeks.

Sorry I made it up  :laugh:  As you may have gathered it's just a bit of something that doesn't last too long and 'no effort required!'  Usually a quiz programme (The Chase or similar) or a short sitcom.  I've recently re-watched all of Victoria Wood's Dinnerladies.  Funny and poignant though probably not your cup of tea.  I love the old Last of the Summer Wine with Compo Foggy and Clegg and a bit of Open All Hours  :laugh:

I recently re-visited a programme I hadn't watched for yonks but used to find very funny.  It still tickled me!

7 (#4 + #3) #3 #3

What is the worm in picture one?  Please change the first letter to one nearer the end of the alphabet.  Three consecutive letters (of ten) from picture two.  What are the bunnies doing in picture three?  >:D (eleven letters).  Please use the first three letters.  Reverse picture four and we're all on one line.

Nearly lunchtime thank heavens  :-H

« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 09:11:31 PM by Hobbit »
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11148 on: June 13, 2024, 01:19:50 AM »
You'll have to let us know where they are visiting.  I presume they wont be staying in one place for the whole three weeks.

I recently re-visited a programme I hadn't watched for yonks but used to find very funny.  It still tickled me!

Hi Pen,

They are covering quite a lot of territory including National Parks and the Grand Canyon.  I expect we will hear about the highlights as they go along.   They will hire a car and be driving so I think they will be thoroughly exhausted by the time they are finished.  They got off roughly on time and they are currently three hours into their flight with just over 10 hours to go.  We can check on their flight status on the internet.

That was a great series.  Apart from loving the two main characters, it was fun the way they kept pulling the wool over the "the idiot B" and his put-upon assistant, a naïve and religious woman who is madly in love with him.  I must see if I can dig up some episodes.

I must get back to sleep.  I'll leave you with

« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 01:21:47 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11149 on: June 13, 2024, 04:20:37 AM »

They are covering quite a lot of territory including National Parks and the Grand Canyon.  I expect we will hear about the highlights as they go along.   They will hire a car and be driving so I think they will be thoroughly exhausted by the time they are finished. 

That was a great series.  Apart from loving the two main characters, it was fun the way they kept pulling the wool over the "the idiot B" and his put-upon assistant, a naïve and religious woman who is madly in love with him.  I must see if I can dig up some episodes.

Oh Jack I felt exhausted just reading about it!! and all that driving on the wrong side of the road  >:D  :laugh:

You summed up that sitcom perfectly.  I'm hoping to watch some more.

I'm exceedingly glad it's Thursday tomorrow and I haven't got to get up at the crack of dawn!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11150 on: June 14, 2024, 11:23:54 PM »
Hi Jack

I had planned on going out for a walk but the heavens just opened  :(  So here I am instead  :)

My rebus is a hit song by one of the groups Linda mentioned in another thread.  Nowt to do with dinosaurs  >:D

8 (#5 + #3) #4

You need the character on the left in picture two.  First part of his name and please change the first letter to one next to it. We're all on one line.

Sun's come out.  I'd better get my skates on  :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 11:26:19 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11151 on: June 15, 2024, 12:55:11 AM »
My rebus is a hit song by one of the groups Linda mentioned in another thread. 

Hi Pen,

Was this the mention you were referring to?
Say Hello / Re: Jane at manu
« by Linda on 04 October 2007, 19:13:18 »
......  cool ringtone though ... 'All or Nothing' by the Small Faces ... v. groovy!  What's your ringtone T .... '

Must get back to sleep but I'll leave you with

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11152 on: June 15, 2024, 03:57:27 AM »

Was this the mention you were referring to?
Say Hello / Re: Jane at manu
« by Linda on 04 October 2007, 19:13:18 »
......  cool ringtone though ... 'All or Nothing' by the Small Faces ... v. groovy!  What's your ringtone T .... '

Hi Again Jack

Sorry no cigar :laugh: It was far more recent!  It was the Taylor Swift thread started by Pat a day or two ago!  It doesn't matter in the slightest as you have the right answer  :)

No 1 Daughter is absent this evening so I only have myself to debate and dither with about what to watch later  :laugh:  I'm re-watching McDonald & Dodds from the beginning so I may plump for the next episode.  I'm sure it'll go down a treat with a glass of pink muck  >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11153 on: June 15, 2024, 09:27:32 AM »
Sorry no cigar :laugh: It was far more recent!

I'm re-watching McDonald & Dodds from the beginning

Hi Pen,

I could have given you two more mentions over the years, apart from the obvious one, that referred to Linda’s like of that group.

McDonald & Dodds is one of our favourite series too.  We have been through each episode at least twice and are hanging out for production of the next episode.

My rebus is the title of a novel I am reading.  It was recommended to me by Andrew yesterday and, incidentally, the author was mentioned by Mkenuk in a post on 6 December 2011.  >:D

Word 1
  Component 1 (3).  The first letters of the first word of Picture 1 (7 6) (Nowt to do with dinosaurs  >:D)
  Component 2.  Picture 2 (4 4). Second Word.
  Component 3 (2).  The last letters of the first word of Picture 1.

Word 2 (7).  Use either Picture 3 or Picture 4.   Insert Roman 9 after the first vowel.

P.S. Just got a message from the Cleveland mob. They are at Carmel-by-the-sea, home of Clint Eastwood and the Pebble Beach Golf club.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 10:15:40 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11154 on: June 15, 2024, 03:33:58 PM »
McDonald & Dodds is one of our favourite series too.  We have been through each episode at least twice and are hanging out for production of the next episode.

Hi Again, Pen

I just decided to google when McDonald & Dodds season 4 would become available and I found it has been available on Britbox here for the last month or so.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11155 on: June 15, 2024, 10:16:47 PM »

I'm re-watching McDonald & Dodds from the beginning so I may plump for the next episode. 

I just decided to google when McDonald & Dodds season 4 would become available and I found it has been available on Britbox here for the last month or so.

Hi Jack

Lucky you!  It's also available in the US and strangely enough Denmark but no release date here yet  :(

Just going to make a cuppa and I'll be back!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11156 on: June 15, 2024, 11:37:59 PM »

I could have given you two more mentions over the years, apart from the obvious one, that referred to Linda’s like of that group.

My rebus is the title of a novel I am reading.

P.S. Just got a message from the Cleveland mob. They are at Carmel-by-the-sea, home of Clint Eastwood and the Pebble Beach Golf club.

I'm Back Jack!

I'm fully armed with a cuppa  :laugh:  I bet the Cleveland mob are having a fantastic time  :)  I seem to remember Clint was mayor of Carmel some years ago.  I expect they're enjoying some lovely weather too.  It's terrible again here today  :(  Howling gale and heavy rain showers blowing up out of nowhere.  I did manage to get out for a walk for about half an hour and got back in the nick of time!

I really enjoyed your rebus - brilliant  :)  My offering is a book by the same author.

#3 8 (#5 +#3) 6 (#4 + #2)

For picture one please channel the Sound of Music  >:D  Three consecutive letters (of eight) from the character with the green titfer! Please use the first name of the lady in picture two.  You need to ignore the cat in picture three.  Last three letters of what you've left with.  Another word for prisoners for picture four.  First two letters of the bone on the right in picture five (I hope I've got that right or I'm going to have egg on my face  :laugh:)  Please pretend it's all on one line.

My neighbour Laura and her daughter are flying to Munich for a short break.  She just messaged me...
"We're on the plane and the lunch choices are - white meat chicken or German sausage.  Unfortunately, we're sitting in the last row at the back of the plane.  We're hoping for the breast but preparing for the wurst!"

Leave you with a naff joke. Must be about time for another cuppa. This tickled me

« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 11:44:04 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11157 on: June 16, 2024, 03:52:57 PM »
I bet the Cleveland mob are having a fantastic time  :)
I really enjoyed your rebus.  My offering is a book by the same author.

Hi Pen,

The reports from the Cleveland mob tend to be a short message indicating they are having a great time accompanied by a photo. The latest was that they dined at Dirty Rose's, Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco.

Your offering was 1st class.

HOW TO AVOID MIXING YOUR METAPHORS
(Brian Bilston)
It’s not rocket surgery.
First, get all your ducks on the same page.
After all, you can’t make an omelette
without breaking stride.
Be sure to watch what you write
with a fine-tuned comb.
Check and re-check until the cows turn blue.
It’s as easy as falling off a piece of cake.
Don’t worry about opening up
a whole hill of beans;
you can always burn that bridge when you come to it,
if you follow where I’m coming from.
Concentrate! Keep your door closed
and your enemies closer.
Finally, don’t take the moral high horse:
if the metaphor fits, walk a mile in it.
(with a wink to Gandhi for the meme, for added cringe factor 😁)

Regards, Jack

2dognight

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #11158 on: June 16, 2024, 06:20:15 PM »
Hi Pen and Jack

I am hoping the either of you or both could send a clue for your rebuses

My favourite  mixed metaphor

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it gather moss

Carol

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11159 on: June 16, 2024, 08:28:43 PM »
Hi Carol

I'm loving your mixed metaphor  :laugh:

Don't know if it'll help but please think about Pussy Galore for picture two and the bird in picture three is a canary.  The man in picture one is lonely...  :cry:
I'll leave Jack to give you a clue for his rebus  ;)

Penx