Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 876994 times)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #11280 on: July 27, 2024, 08:36:20 PM »
We'll both be watching like hawks for the Just for Men  :laugh:

I gave it a hard stare last night!  Saying nowt until you report back that you've watched it too!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #11281 on: July 27, 2024, 09:00:42 PM »
Hi Jack

It's going to be a hot one today.  I popped up to Morrisons for a paper and a few bits and my car said 23 oc.  I seem to have got a wretched cold from somewhere  :(  Not a happy bunny.

A quick and easy puzzle from me today.  It's the film I watched last night.

10 (#6 + #4) #7 #3 #3 #3

You need the surname of the actress in picture one.  Picture two you need the second word of this race which takes place in France.  Please lose the first letters of pictures five and six.  We're all on one line.

The sky suddenly looked a bit cloudy and ominous so I asked Siri
"Surely it's not going to rain today?"
She replied "Yes it is and don't call me Shirley"
That's when I realised I'd left my phone in Airplane mode.

That's it from me  :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2024, 09:02:49 PM by Hobbit »
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11282 on: July 27, 2024, 09:05:39 PM »

I gave it a hard stare last night!  Saying nowt until you report back that you've watched it too!  >:D

I'll be giving it a hard stare this evening Linda!  I'll report back tomorrow  :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11283 on: July 27, 2024, 10:17:06 PM »
A quick and easy puzzle from me today.  It's the film I watched last night.

Hi Pen,

A clever and well presented rebus. I guess it was quick for you but was it easy for us?  I fluked it.  I hope it was your type of movie because Rotten Tomatoes only gave it 4.7 out of ten.

I had another exhausting day achieving bugger all, so this is a quickie.

Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11284 on: July 28, 2024, 03:54:36 AM »

A clever and well presented rebus. I guess it was quick for you but was it easy for us?  I fluked it.  I hope it was your type of movie because Rotten Tomatoes only gave it 4.7 out of ten.

I had another exhausting day achieving bugger all, so this is a quickie.

It definitely was my type of movie Jack.  I enjoyed it very much as I did the first one  :) They're based on a true story. I take Rotten Tomatoes with a pinch of salt!  I try not to eat mouldy fruit at all if I can help it  :laugh:  >:D  As long as you got the answer it doesn't matter how you got there.  I'd be interested to know if anybody else had a bash at it and what they thought.

I'm going to search for a few words then enjoy Midsomer with a glass or two of Sauv Blanc from your neighbours over the way.  I'm hoping to drown the bloody germs  :laugh:

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11285 on: July 28, 2024, 02:12:31 PM »
Hi Penny. I got it quite quickly. I had watched, and enjoyed, both films so that may have helped.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11286 on: July 28, 2024, 08:43:05 PM »
Thanks Moyra.  They are great films.  I did cry at the end of the first one. 

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11287 on: July 28, 2024, 08:55:17 PM »

I watched it last night Linda.  I have to say that I quite enjoyed it  :)  I thought it was an improvement on the previous two - not that difficult!  Still no sign of Just For Men and the mute child was absent  >:D  :laugh:  What did you make of it?

I've got egg smashed up with our fave condiment and tomato in my sarnie today  :-H

It's going to be a scorcher.  Not the weather to have a rotten cold.  I'd like to shake whoever gave me it warmly by the throat  :(

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11288 on: July 28, 2024, 10:42:54 PM »
Hi Pen,

My weatherman is saying the range for me today is 10-22oC and yours is 10-25.   Mine is too bloody cold and yours is a scorcher - go figure.

The Cleveland mob went to see ruby and her pups today.  I have attached a photo.  I am chasing some more.

Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11289 on: July 28, 2024, 10:52:48 PM »
Hi Jack

Hope you've had a better day today.

I'm skulking indoors and feeling sorry for myself.

My offering today is a series of books and a telly series.

#1 #5 2 #3 #5 #2 #4

Please use the middle letter of picture one.  What is the lady wearing in picture two?  Make a homophone of the first two letters to get the third word. You need three consecutive letters (of seven) from the middle of picture three. Please reverse the first two letters of picture five.  Picture six is four letters please re-arrange them.    We're all on one line.

This tickled me ;D

Steven Seagull
« Last Edit: July 28, 2024, 11:03:52 PM by Hobbit »

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11290 on: July 28, 2024, 11:00:24 PM »

My weatherman is saying the range for me today is 10-22oC and yours is 10-25.   Mine is too bloody cold and yours is a scorcher - go figure.

The Cleveland mob went to see ruby and her pups today.  I have attached a photo.  I am chasing some more.

Sorry Jack wasn't very alert and finished my post before spotting yours!  It's very hot here today and going to be even hotter tomorrow - 28o:(

A gorgeous picture of Ruby and the pups  :-*  I look forward to seeing more. They cheer me up  :)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #11291 on: July 28, 2024, 11:31:10 PM »
I watched it last night Linda.  I have to say that I quite enjoyed it  :)  I thought it was an improvement on the previous two - not that difficult!  Still no sign of Just For Men and the mute child was absent  >:D  :laugh:  What did you make of it?

Well you will be very surprised to hear that I absolutely agree with you, Pen!  It was much better than the previous couple of offerings and the plot wasn't too complicated for my feeble brain.  John still looking grey and I must say he appears to be lacking in animation.  I looked up his actual age and he's 63 so should still  have a bit of oomph about him.  I thought Sarah's friend was irrelevant.  What was the point of her even being there?  Betty with granny so she didn't have to put in a mute appearance.  All in all though, things are looking up!

I'm very sorry to hear you're under the weather and hope you're bouncing around again soon.  Plenty of pink liquid might help!

Hot and sunny here today but have been glued to the Olympic gymnastics this morning.  How on earth do those girls manage to fling themselves about like that?  Makes me cringe to watch them on the beam. Ouch!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11292 on: July 29, 2024, 02:12:38 AM »

Well you will be very surprised to hear that I absolutely agree with you, Pen!  It was much better than the previous couple of offerings and the plot wasn't too complicated for my feeble brain.  John still looking grey and I must say he appears to be lacking in animation.  I looked up his actual age and he's 63 so should still  have a bit of oomph about him.  I thought Sarah's friend was irrelevant.  What was the point of her even being there?  Betty with granny so she didn't have to put in a mute appearance.  All in all though, things are looking up!

I'm very sorry to hear you're under the weather and hope you're bouncing around again soon.  Plenty of pink liquid might help!

Hot and sunny here today but have been glued to the Olympic gymnastics this morning.  How on earth do those girls manage to fling themselves about like that?  Makes me cringe to watch them on the beam. Ouch!  >:D

Well my flabber is well and truly gasted Linda  :laugh:  Who'd have thought it!

It's a shame that John is looking grey and a bit wooden.  At 63 he should definitely have a bit more get up and go! You're right Sarah's friend was rather pointless.  Probably for a bit of light relief.  Tom is 80 now - do you think it's a bit late for a comeback?  Bus as you say things are looking up  :)

Do you remember Olga Korbut?  I used to love watching her.  I always wonder how she contorted herself into some of those position on the beam!  Doubt I could stand on it without falling off  :laugh

I'll follow your advice and try and drown my germs in some pink stuff later  >:D  I'm fed up with feeling bloody rotten now. No excitement for tea :(  Pizza and salad.

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #11293 on: July 29, 2024, 06:26:44 PM »
Well my flabber is well and truly gasted Linda  :laugh:  Who'd have thought it!

It's a shame that John is looking grey and a bit wooden.  At 63 he should definitely have a bit more get up and go! You're right Sarah's friend was rather pointless.  Probably for a bit of light relief.  Tom is 80 now - do you think it's a bit late for a comeback?  Bus as you say things are looking up  :)

Do you remember Olga Korbut?  I used to love watching her.  I always wonder how she contorted herself into some of those position on the beam!  Doubt I could stand on it without falling off  :laugh

I'll follow your advice and try and drown my germs in some pink stuff later  >:D  I'm fed up with feeling bloody rotten now. No excitement for tea :(  Pizza and salad.

I think 80 might just be pushing it a bit for the role, Pen!

I loved Olga Korbut too.  I especially like watching the floor exercises.  Those leaps and somersaults are mind boggling!

Hope you're feeling better today.  Keep on drowning those germs with pink plonk. 

More washing to hang out - oh joy!  >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11294 on: July 29, 2024, 10:16:31 PM »
Hi Pen,

I hope you start feeling better soon.

I had another busy day.   I have had my blood tests and I see the doctor on Thursday.

We put a deposit on 25 solar panels today after doing lots of due diligence.  They should be installed on Friday. there is generally a 3 week delay but the installers had a cancellation and we jumped in.

Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com