Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 876526 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #11640 on: Today at 12:45:56 AM »

Rain has stopped now and haven't investigated the river yet but it should be okay or the jungle drums would have told me otherwise.

Off to do a much needed spot of hoovering and polishing - hope I don't find too many cobwebs!!  >:D

I'm glad it's fined up Linda.  I wont send Zoe round to help as she hates cobwebs and is terrified of spiders  :laugh:

I've just been for a lovely walk round Furzton lake in the sun. 

A cuppa's called for now I think.
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #11641 on: Today at 01:29:57 AM »

What’s an earthquake cake, you ask? A delicious eruption of Snickers, dark choc bits, cream cheese, coconut and cake mix that cook to form a dessert you’ll really lava.

I did ask Yvonne!  I loved the sound of it until I got to coconut and that put me off.  Just not a fan of coconut.  It's probably why I'm not a fan of Thai curries.

Here's something I can remember making yonks (and yonks!) ago when I was at school. More years ago than I care to remember  :laugh:

9 (#4 + #5) #6-#4 #4

Picture two is an adjective, seven letters.  Please lose the first and last letter. Picture three gives you the second and third words.  Please change the first letter of picture four and it's straightforward. Picture four is where I was walking earlier!

That's all from me today.

« Last Edit: Today at 01:32:36 AM by Hobbit »
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11642 on: Today at 03:19:37 PM »
Here's something I can remember making yonks (and yonks!) ago when I was at school.

Hi Pen,

I just got around to solving your Rebus.  Yesterday was a wipe-out for me.  I was on the move at 6:30 to take Snowy to the garage for his Annual Service.  I spent all morning in the waiting room of the garage waiting for Snowy to be ready to take home.  Sitting around for long periods of time are not good for my back and for the rest of the day I was walking around like a spavined duck.

Today we spent most of the morning at Cleveland.

Your rebus was a doozy.  I thought the answer to your Rebus was a bit off beam in an English school cooking class but my research lead to some trivia for you to consider which makes it reasonable.

According to Wikipedia, The earliest written references to the fruit that defines your product were by Christopher Columbus, Gonzalo Fernández de Oviedo y Valdés, and Sir Walter Raleigh, who found the fruit growing in the West Indies, where it was used for food and wine making.

The Portuguese were apparently responsible for early dissemination of the the fruit. They introduced it to Saint Helena shortly after they discovered that island in 1502. Soon after, they carried it to Africa and, by about 1550, to India. Before the end of the 16th century, cultivation of the plant had spread over most of the tropical areas of the world, including some of the islands of the South Pacific. Major modern growers of the fruit include Costa Rica, Brazil, China, India, and Thailand.

Presumably some of the islands of the South Pacific includes Australia which ranks 13th globally in production of the fruit. In the 2021-2022 season, Australia produced around 72,000 tonnes of the fruit.

Words 2 and 3 refer to the way the product is made like a French tarte tatin,

Word 4 is a noun for the general product.

Your cooking result was all the rage from the 60’s right through the 80’s. Though as far as Aussies are concerned, it never went out of fashion. Rarely a summer would go by without one making an appearance at a barbie at some stage! (That’s a barbecue to you non-Aussies!)

« Last Edit: Today at 03:22:53 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com