Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 835464 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #8430 on: September 03, 2022, 04:42:47 AM »
Yep you're right John :-[
I changed my mind about how I was going to construct it at the last minute & didn't change change the numbers in brackets. 
Sorry for any confusion :( - yet again!
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: September 03, 2022, 04:40:06 PM »
Hi Pen,

I changed my mind about how I was going to construct it at the last minute & didn't change the numbers in brackets. 

Hi Pen,

I've done that a couple of times.  You haven't managed to beat my biggest error though.  When I am doing a complicated rebus, I put the answer in the draft so I can double-check the word count and see that the order of pictures is right.   Once or twice, I have forgotten to take the answer out before I posted.  Luckily it was easily fixed when pointed out to me.  Isn’t it nice how sensitive people are when they point out errors to you?  :D

Blue tells me that when Sheila gets a little upset, it only takes a few words in a calm consoling tone to get her really upset.

My rebus is a paraphrase of a quote from Jesus in the Book of John in the Bible.

#3  #3   #3   #2  #7   #3   #4   3  #5  #5

The definite article is not pictured.  Pictures are conceptionally on one line. Some homophones
Picture 2.  You only want one.
Picture 4.  You only need the two middle letters of this four-letter word.
Pictures 6 and 9.  You only need one.

I hope you are not sick of Bonnie's photos

Regards, Jack

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: September 03, 2022, 05:16:53 PM »
Will never be sick of Bonnie photos and that includes Dusty

Carol

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: September 04, 2022, 12:56:00 AM »

I've done that a couple of times.

My rebus is a paraphrase of a quote from Jesus in the Book of John in the Bible.

I hope you are not sick of Bonnie's photos

Thanks Jack that makes me feel a lot better :-*  I felt such a prawn yesterday!

I loved your rebus - a real cracker ;)

I'm in total agreement with Carol :)  I'll never be sick of pictures of Bonnie & Dusty of course.  They always make me smile.

It's just a flying visit from me today as Zoe's here & we're popping out shortly.  I'll be back with a rebus tomorrow & hope I can make a better fist of it :laugh:

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: September 04, 2022, 03:56:40 AM »
No such thing as too much Bonnie & Dusty

Who’s the photographer?  Wonderful picture

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: September 04, 2022, 09:11:43 AM »
Hi Paula,

The photographer on this occasion was Pascal of the team Many Paws.  More often he is the subject and Michelle is the photographer.  Most days when they walk the dogs, they take a photograph or video and put it on Facebook.  The last photo I posted was from their Friday walk.  They walked yesterday but it was raining and the dogs looked like a pair of drowned rats. :D

The reason that Dusty is part of the dog-walking regime with Bonnie at the moment is the Coorparoo mob (Daughter, Son-in-law, two grandkids, and Dusty) are staying with us for a couple of weeks.  They have put their house on the market intending to move to Redlands.  Part of the selling process involves moving all their stuff out and a professional stylist sets up hired furniture to show the house at the best advantage to appeal to the current market.

Our experience when we did it in Mittagong two years ago is that it is set up for really great photographs but it is not feasible to live in and keep pristine for the period that prospective buyers will be inspecting it.  When the contracts for sale are signed, the stylists move their furniture out and you can move your stuff back in until the settlement period is over and you move to your new home.

If plans come to fruition, they will then become the Redlands Mob and be closer to us and the boy's school.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: September 04, 2022, 11:15:33 PM »
Hi Jack

I'm having a lovely lazy Sunday.  I've been out for a walk & done a few chores & enjoyed an egg sarnie for lunch.  It's black over Will's Mother's but still no sign of any rain :(  We desperately need it.

My rebus today is a nursery rhyme!  Though I'd try something different for a change.
#3 #1 #3 #3, #5 #3 #2 #1 #3

A,
A
Position in the second half is important. You might need a bit of lateral thinking! Please ignore the dog & just think about what he's in. Once you get the first bit the rest should fall into place.  I'm fairly sure my sums are right today ;)

I once took the p out of a pirate...
it made him very angry!

A world champion limbo dancer walked into a bar...
he was disqualified!

Think this was me yesterday >:D  Time for a cuppa :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 11:21:07 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #8438 on: September 05, 2022, 01:15:21 PM »
A 1970 fable in novella form later made into a film and with a soundtrack album all of the same name...

#9 #10 #7
Image 1: first name; image 3: last name homophone

The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: September 06, 2022, 04:17:44 PM »
Hi Pen,

Life is a bit less hectic here this week but there is still plenty to keep me busy.

Highway Patrol Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over?
Blue, with a cheeky grin: Look, if you forgot, I am not reminding you, mate.

Blue’s latest joke is that monsters don’t like eating ghosts because they taste like sheet.

I haven’t heard this Aussie idiom lately.

#5  #2  1  #3   #4 1  #4   #5

The indefinite article is used twice but not pictured.
Conceptionally one line.
Picture 2.  Ditch last letter.
Picture 4.  Ditch 4th letter.

Regards, Jack

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: September 06, 2022, 05:34:20 PM »
Hi Jack

Cant say that I have ever heard the idiom from your rebus

Obviously a gap in my education ;D

Carol

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: September 06, 2022, 09:00:57 PM »
Hi Jack

Had a very busy day yesterday - hoping for a better one today!  I love the pictures -  Bonnie looks so cute in the second one :)

Your post prompted my puzzle today.  It's an expression my Mum was fond of.  (There are probably a few variations!)

#3 #5 #5 #4 #3 #4 #5

THE
Where are most of them going in picture three?  You need to lose the first letter of picture five & then please re-arrange the letters you have left.
Please pretend it's all on one line.

Another busy morning - nearly lunchtime thank goodness :-H  Ham & tomato sarnie today Linda - I wont be setting the world on fire :laugh:

« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 09:03:44 PM by Hobbit »

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: September 07, 2022, 07:50:21 AM »
Oh my goodness, Jack, those pictures are adorable! I love gazing at the water, too. Can’t quite work out who wins the Tongue Trophy, but Bonnie clearly gets the Ears Award 😍

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: September 07, 2022, 08:20:53 AM »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: September 07, 2022, 08:35:05 AM »
Hi Madeleine,

The family joke is that when they were pups, Dusty chewed Bonnie's ear and ever since, she has only been able to get one ear erect.

Michelle and Pascal do a great job with the photos.

Here is an excerpt from Facebook which demonstrates another reason we believe we made a good choice of dog-walkers.

"Something happened today that showed exactly how important fail-safe recall is!

While we were walking Ezzy along one of the roads today, a couple had their pup in the garden, off lead and unsecured. The pup saw Ezzy and started heading for her. The pup's parents were totally unaware of the danger the pup was headed for. I saw the ute coming up the road at the same time I realised the pup was heading towards us. I yelled a solid, short, sharp NO at the pup whilst stepping into the road to slow the Ute.

Pascal had Ezzy so I knew she was secure. The driver of the ute fortunately slowed down when he saw this crazy woman hurtling into the road. I shocked the pup enough with my sharp NO that he stopped dead in his tracks and managed to avoid being hit by millimetres.

The pup's parents had tried to recall the pup but it was so focused on Ezzy that it totally ignored them.

Please, please, practice recall with your pups. 20 minutes a day of concerted effort and reinforcement the rest of the time could very well save your pups life...and mine! The adrenaline dump afterwards hit hard."
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 12:28:39 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack