Author Topic: Should swag precede hit rate?  (Read 22777 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Should swag precede hit rate?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007, 03:29:40 PM »
I hope people continue to make suggestions. Several recent improvements to the game were suggested by players - the shuffle, the button to bring back previous words, the common word count and the new "swags". So I'm always interested in any new ideas people come up with.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 07:15:21 PM »
T, have I missed something?  Am I being particularly dense today?  Yes, I hear you wail!  Who is LMSP?  Is it the same as SWCBN?  Please reveal your weird and wonderful thoughts to me.  Also, who is this mysterious LJH?  It disconcerts me somewhat as those were my initials before I got married but I can assure you it isn't me .. as if, I'd hardly be likely to be at the top of the board with rosette and trophy!  :o

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »
hi linda - i beleive LMSP is the same as SWCBN, but the first acronym stands for "Little Miss Smarty Pants" - not sure who designated her thus, but the name has been used in discussion on the SWCBN topic.

as for who LJH is - good question! where the dickens did he/ she pop up from?
Viz

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 08:35:42 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up, Viz, it's been puzzling me but makes perfect sense now! 

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2007, 03:07:36 AM »
Hi Viz [i love that..it makes me chuckle..] and Linda,
Yes LMSP is Little Miss Smarty Pants..and yes it is SWCBN....I think that started because i said i wouldn't mention her name again....what an ingenious lot we are...all these acronyms!!
As for LJH, i did post a question about her the other day..asking if this could be the same person as MUM [who has disappeared again..]  Could this be her AKA, alias, disguise, to lull us all into a false sense of sercurity that she has gone to the big thesaurus in the sky never to cheat her way to the top again...???
Who knows, and i wish i could say who Cares..but i can't so i won't?
Anyway...i'm off to cook dinner, back later..
;)

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 10:37:46 PM »
Hi T - why does hi viz make you chuckle - i know hi T makes me chuckle, but we've been there done that, and i think Hi Jack is quite funny - and there was a player once called Jinx (before the forum unfortunately, so i never got to say Hi Jinx, that would have been good)  actually my name is vera and i thing Aloe Vera is quite funny as in Hello Vera, but i dont get Hi Viz - is there some other meaning of Viz? should i be careful where i use the nickname? let me know soonest before i embarass myself.
Viz

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 11:01:52 PM »
Viz - I think T is chuckling over your name because over here it's short for high visibility - as in high vis jackets etc worn by road workers, railwaymen etc.  It doesn't take much to amuse us Brits!

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2007, 02:29:20 AM »
Hi Viz [ hee hee hee]
Linda's explanation is spot on...i'm sorry...i have to wear one when i'm on site with my students, and now every time i see one i think of you...
when you say about Hi Jack...i did relate my story in another post last week, but i shall tell you.
I was on a plane to Athens...Working my way to the back of the plane to go to the loo, i spotted a friend..waved frantically and called out "Hi jack!".....panic went up....and fortunately for me the pilot did see the funny side of it after i had been dragged up to see him and had explained.....
So there you go...the next time i saw her i called her Jackie....
Anyway...i am sorry...
Regards as always,
:-[

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2007, 08:50:21 PM »
well thanks gang! - actually i have heard of hi vis vests - i was just talking about them to my brother the builder recently - but somehow or another i just never thought that they were actually Hi Viz! - yet another example of brain not in gear. silly me :-[
Viz

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2007, 09:17:57 PM »
Hi Anonsi,
I'm glad you like my tale of woe....i've only told it twice..you made it sound like it's been loads..  but it is a funny story..it makes my girls laugh...
Megan, one of my twins, has a joke that has me in stitches..try this for size.
Q: Why do seagulls fly over the sea?
A: Because if they flew over the bay they would be bagels. :D

Hilarious...brings a tear to my eye every time.

Anyway, nice to hear from you,
take care,
;)

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2007, 10:05:39 PM »
Very cute joke, T. I love it when kids do that.
When my son was just three he had another favorite one, which also cracked me up, even though it was so corny:

What happens when Batman and Robin get run over by a train?

They become Flatman and Ribbon!  ;D

When he told it, his own face would light up and he'd chuckle, which made it so darling.

Cheers,  ;)
3-B

bobbi

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 11:11:24 AM »
When he told it, his own face would light up and he'd chuckle, which made it so darling.

The one that made my daughter repeatedly dissolve into hysterics when she was ten was "Who was purple and conquered the world?
...Alexander the Grape"

Thanks for the image related to "herding cats" 3B. That really made me laugh out loud, somewhat embarrasing, because I was sitting at a computer in the University cafeteria at the time  :-[

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2007, 12:38:25 PM »
That WAS cute - Alexander the Grape, indeed! We are proud parents, aren't we?

Cheers,  ;D
3-B