Author Topic: Thanks for the clue  (Read 3319 times)

Gaye

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
Thanks for the clue
« on: April 25, 2007, 10:39:24 AM »
Alan - Thanks for the clue re your name - gave me an extra point yesterday!

Thanks also for advice re Firefox - have changed over and agree with your assessment.

Gaye
Gaye
   :)

bobbi

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for the clue
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 02:47:34 PM »
Hi Alan,

I'd like to add my thanks too  :) I was delighted that I remembered your comment  8) (Now what were the other names you mentioned  ???)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 05:14:37 PM »
Glad to have been of assistance!

Because the letters are fairly common, it's often a word you can make. (I have to admit that I don't always remember it myself when playing.)

Of course, I didn't know when I mentioned it that it was going to come up quite so soon. The puzzles are generated from a random number at the start of each Chihuahua day, so not even I can find out what letters will be in tomorrow's puzzles.

To explain Gaye's reference to Firefox, she'd been having occasional incidents where the letters didn't seem to be keeping up with her play. Apparently switching from Internet Explorer to Firefox as her browser has helped.

Has anyone else had any problems with the letters not behaving themselves when you're playing quickly? (I'm sure everyone on the forum plays like lightning - at least for the first 80% of the words you get.) I've noticed sometimes a letter or two will freeze for a moment in mid-flight, but it always seems to get there in the end.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 05:46:43 PM »
I haven't had any problems whatsoever..... but I use Firefox as my sole  web browser.....given up on everything else!

bobbi

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 08:39:11 PM »
Switched to firefox a coupla years ago. Never looked back (sorry Bill.)

Dean

• Logologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 01:04:55 AM »
I use IE7 and the only trouble I have is that sometimes if I get going to quickly and type a letter before it got back to it's home from the last word it just stays in it's home, but a blank goes on the board where the letter should have been and the word still goes through as if the letter were there, so it really doesn't bother me.