Author Topic: Don't be shy !  (Read 5357 times)

mymermaid

• Lexicomane
  • Israel
    • View Profile
Don't be shy !
« on: February 12, 2007, 01:57:36 AM »
Hi fellow Chihuahua Addicts

How about more of us adding photos of ourselves.
I would also love to see a photo of our Chihuahua (Alan )  :D

Mandy

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Don't be shy !
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 11:14:33 AM »
I was going to stick with the puppy cartoon and say "That is a photo of me." But I relented.

This is a picture of me with my colleague The Dude. I'm the one in blue.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Martina

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 11:20:55 AM »
Hello  :)

Here I am with my partner and baby Maia!  I am the one in red!   :P  My partner plays under the name of LIC.

Martina

mymermaid

• Lexicomane
  • Israel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 07:34:49 PM »
It is nice to see a face behind the name - thanks
I hope that slowly more of us will "come out".   ;)
Have a good day

Viz

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 08:32:19 PM »
me hard at work on a puzzle
Viz

chanski

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 10:32:03 AM »
how do I send a pic?   This is my thick side coming out  ;D

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 11:23:42 AM »
You don't need to feel thick Chanski - it's not all that obvious.

Near the top of the screen there is a row of tabs, starting with "Home". Click on "Profile". On the resulting page, there are some options down the left hand side of the screen. Under the heading "Modify Profile", click on "Forum Profile Information". Then you will see some options for adding a picture.

• If the picture you want to use is already on the Web somewhere and you have an Internet address for it, select "I have my own pic" and enter the URL address in the field opposite.
  • If the picture you want to use is on your own computer, select "I will upload my own picture" and press the Browse button. Then you can navigate to the right directory and select the file name of your picture. When you've got it, press the "Open" button and the file path should be shown. (None of the directory information is actually transmitted - this is just used by your browser to identify the file).

Then when you've identified the picture, scroll right down to the bottom of the form and click "Change Profile". If you're uploading a picture from your computer, it will take a little time. (Don't use a file that's really huge, say more than 100K, because it will take a long time, and may be rejected in the end anyway. But the picture itself can be any size or shape - the forum software will resize it to fit.)

Once you've done all this there should be a picture attached to your profile, and shown on every message you send. If you don't like it, or get sick of it after a while, you can change it by repeating the above steps.

Good luck!
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites