Author Topic: 2008 - Bring it on.....  (Read 13350 times)

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
2008 - Bring it on.....
« on: January 02, 2008, 12:46:42 AM »
Well forumites...
December was a very quiet month...and i would be a liar if i said i wasn't glad to see the back of it....

So roll on 2008-
What will January bring i wonder???

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 - Bring it on.....
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 12:54:28 AM »
I hope it brings serenity, health, love, enough cash to get by, and unusually warm weather!

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 12:56:40 AM »
I hear what you say mate...all of the above please...[but a bit more cash than that...]

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 12:58:03 AM »
I'm planning on plunking down my usual dollar for tonight's lotto -- keep your fingers crossed, mate! If I hit it, we're having a big hag reunion!!!  >:D >:D >:D >:D

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 12:58:23 AM »
Peace, health and happiness ... don't care about the money (much)!
Also, I hope I find my brain cells again ... can't seem to think of words these days!!  >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 01:02:48 AM »
They're probably somewhere under the bed along with the dust bunnies!

I'll be going off later today (noonish) to take pics of crazy people sliding into icy cold waters of the river! Better them than me. Definitely better being behind the camera for that event!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 01:04:20 AM »
Why do people feel the need to do such crazy things?!  Stay well behind the camera, mate!  >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 01:07:31 AM »
It's a fundraiser, so I suppose some good comes from it, but I know there are far less uncomfortable ways to raise cash! Like, say, a hot-dog-eating contest ... who can lay in bed the longest ... a chocolate fantasy party ... strolling for a few miles ... holding your breath ... riding endlessly on a ferris wheel ... etc., etc., etc.

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 01:09:34 AM »
Riding endlessly on a ferris wheel is my idea of hell ... almost as bad as being on a roller coaster, wearing a p****e sweater and being attacked by pigeons!!  >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 01:10:49 AM »
Now, that's scary!  :o :o :o

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 09:21:30 AM »
Can we cancel the rest of this year please....pretty pretty please!!!

It is the 23rd of January...

So far....
I've been off work for a few days ill...
The bathroom at Roy's, that i spent months sorting out, which was looking fab, sprung a leak, [and nobody thought to mention it....] and the ceiling of the newly decorated kitchen below, is now the sodden covering of the kitchen floor.... and all my hard work is down the pan....literally...

And Roy's Dad is in Intensive care on life support, and probably will not see out the weekend....

Is it just me that thinks i am jinxed against anything good happening to me, and having a nice trouble free year...or am i just being paranoid???

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 10:09:58 AM »
Bumps in the road, mate ... sorry, you've had more than your load, that's for sure. Odd you should mention the date, because the 23rd has been a good luck day for us, so go figure!

Don't get too despondent, T. Things will improve, I know. But getting to the other end of the tunnel can sometimes be so very, very hard, and make you feel helpless.

You can do it and get through, I know it!!! Too much spit and fire in your belly to roll over and give up. Just stick to one thing at a time. Probably be best you try to take care of your health first, or everything else will seem even harder. Are there any friends nearby who might lend a hand? I wish I could come and help you. I'll be thinking of you, that you will succeed.  :-*

Gaye

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 12:47:49 PM »
So sorry T.  But no you are not jinxed.  You will come through stronger than ever.  And don't forget that famous saying of yours ...."tomorrow will be different".  Keep smiling.
Gaye
   :)

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 09:27:30 PM »
I seem to have been in this tunnel -in total blackness- for the last 30 bloody years...it's a frigging long tunnel...
No sign of light yet it seems....

Perhaps i'm not looking hard enough just now...
Maybe if i open my eyes!!

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 10:55:33 PM »
It does seem so unfair, I agree. Some people just seem to have more to endure than others, and I can't imagine having gone through so much. I'd probably have given up long ago myself, so I really admire your grit.

I don't think it's you doing anything wrong, and certainly not your fault ... but by persevering, you're showing your daughters what you're made of. They look to you for the love, and they do get it by the boatload from you. And, Lord knows, none of us is perfect. We all stumble along the way, but someday you'll look back, and I don't think you'll regret how you've done it because you've tried your best.

There will be good times, too. Just keep an eye out, and don't let opportunities slip by. Sometimes they come along in the most unexpected ways and places, when you're not looking for them.  :angel: