Author Topic: Problems with Attachments  (Read 4502 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Problems with Attachments
« on: November 28, 2007, 10:31:09 AM »
In the last few days forumites have been getting an error message when they tried including an attachment with their posts:

The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.

I've adjusted the settings to correct this problem. The attachment below is to test it.

Nobody did actually contact me about this, so it was only chance that I happened to look in the error log. If you have any problems using the forum, feel free to ask me about them.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 12:57:08 PM by Alan W »
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Attachments
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 10:45:36 AM »
Hi Alan,

Is that a picture of the chihuahua's competition?

I've been noticing that the categories in the forum stay highlighted even when I've read the messages.  I have to go back, open them, and then it goes back to unhighlighted.  Don't know if that's significant or not.

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 11:17:17 AM »
No, that's one of my Quality Control staff, birdy.

I think that thing about the highlighted categories is a standard "feature" of the forum software. If you go directly to posts, via the Recent Posts list perhaps, the category will stay highlighted, even if you've read every topic in that category - the highlighting is only cleared when you click on the category. I don't think there's anything I can do about that, but thanks for raising it anyway, as other people may have been wondering about it.
Alan Walker

bobbi

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 11:55:08 AM »
Hi Gagl,

Yeay, I got that message once or twice. Compressed my picture to e-mail size and the message didn't recur, so assumed that the original jpg file was too large.

Thanks for fixing the 'problem' anyway. XXX

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 12:11:05 PM »
Bobbi, each attachment still has to be under 128 MB.

But we'd reached the stage where the total space allotted for attachments was nearly used up, so eventually it would have reached the point where no amount of compression would help. (The space available was about 10 MB; I've bumped it up to 20.)
Alan Walker

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 12:25:28 PM »
Well as long as we are on the subject of problems...

Occasionally some threads won't show that there is any "New" information since I last visited the forum, even though I know there is content I haven't read.  It doesn't do it all of the time, and will still work with most threads, only leaving out a few here or there.  I'm usually able to notice, though, and haven't been that concerned about it. 

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 10:42:13 PM »
Thanks Viral,
I did try several times yesterday to post a piccy or 2, and just assumed they were too big.
They were too big, and i'm not smarter than a 10 year old when it comes to sorting that out, so i didn't bother.
I may try again now.....

Cheers....