Author Topic: Just introducing myself  (Read 7029 times)

Colhad

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
Just introducing myself
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:53:05 PM »
Hi folks.

Just wanting to make my self known to the Chihuahua community. My name is Col, live in Australia and have been playing Chihuahua for a while now, started last year actually. I find it to be a very addicitve and enjoyable game, but I like alot of word games. I'm a mad Scrabble and Boggle fan, I purchased both games from the Yahoo site.

I'll keep in touch, I'm doing my best to climb that Chihuahua ladder, today's puzzle is a bit tricky I think.  :-\
I'm an Aspie.

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Just introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 09:53:31 PM »
Welcome, Col!

It's always great to hear from those who've held back a while and finally "come out." Everyone has a lot of fun here, and our host Alan is excellent at answering your concerns.

:D
B-B-B (alias, 3-B)

« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 09:55:37 PM by biggerbirdbrain »

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 10:05:04 PM »
Hi Col

Welcome to the forum. Things have been pretty quiet over Easter, but as you can see from the previous topics, we have bursts of fairly animated discussion from time to time.

Glad you've been enjoying Chihuahua. If you keep at it, your scores probably will improve. The highest scoring players (I'm not one of them!) play a lot of puzzles - random ones as well as the daily ones. Not that I'm encouraging you to spend lots of time playing - "Enjoy Chihuahua in moderation" is our policy.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

lulu

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 12:04:08 AM »
Hi Colhad, 3B, Al, T, Anonsi and all youse Chi'ers,

Hope y'all had a safe and happy Easter  :)

Welcome Colhad, I too came out recently, and am slowly climbing the Chihuahua ladder.  In fact, today a milestone was reached...  today, at long last, I have achieved 'Maven'... a small step for the high fliers of the Chi scoreboard, but a giant leap for this little bunny downunder... yippeeeeeee!!! 

Was it all the chocolate  - blame it on the easter bunny, dastardly little fellow that he is, dropping off chocolates left right and centre... or maybe the extra glass of red - well it is the holidays...  whatever...  of course now, the pace is set... onward and upward... more chocolate... more red wine... what fun  ;D

Take care
Lulu   

Colhad

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 03:00:39 AM »
Hi folks

Thanks for the hellos, nice to meet you all. ;D

I don't think I can go any further with today's puzzle, but I like the random generator, been using it a fair bit.
I'm an Aspie.

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 03:48:46 PM »
Hello Colhad,
A very big welcome from me too... nice to have you on board....
I fly home today from not so sunny spain..but will be back on form from later on tonight....
Take care all....
Technomc   ;)

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 10:21:25 PM »
 Hello Col!   I only discovered Chi recently myself, and now I'm hooked ! It makes a nice change to know that you're pitting your wits and vocabulary against real people, I think.  Everyone is very friendly.........even the high fliers who regularly top the list treat the rest of us kindly!!

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 07:34:41 AM »
Hi Lulu,
well done mate, see how quickly you got up the ladder...keep on going, you will get there..and we are a friendly bunch at the top, because we are all nice people..and we don't forget that we are easily toppled off...it only takes a word or 2....
Keep the faith,
Technomc  ;)