Author Topic: Oh happy day!  (Read 11042 times)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
Re: Oh happy day!
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2007, 11:45:06 PM »
Morning haglet .... yes, I know it's wrong thread but I'm blowing caution to the wind!  My yard is littered with rotting apples at present ... v. attractive!  So many have blown off the tree there'll be none left to nosh at this rate!  >:D

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2007, 07:13:40 AM »
Another lovely morning, with a visit from one of those creatures which don't have fur, but do have wings and I'm not allowed to show a picture of (bad grammar, but hey! it's 7am ) with its baby. (Also devoid of fur, but with wings.)

Not one of these....

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 09:32:36 AM »
Post away, Binks!  It won't bother me if you post piccies of birds.  >:D

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2007, 09:43:44 AM »
Aaah, but I can't risk upsetting Linda , the Wicked Witch of the West. Lord knows what she might do if  she really had her feathers ruf   flew into a   got angry !

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2007, 10:42:34 AM »
You're not scared of the Great Hag, are you???  >:D

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2007, 10:52:41 AM »
Who, me ?  Certainly not!   

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2007, 11:06:03 AM »
Me neither !!! I think ...!!! Well, maybe ... just a little!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2007, 11:54:52 AM »
Binkie, I enjoyed your story about the birds.  It sounds like something my husband and I would do.  Actually, we have done it with a rabbit that recently took up residence in or near our yard, a cottontail.  We noticed it several times before we could get close enough for a photo.  If we had Eastern Rosellas, we would be going nuts.  One year we had a pair of cardinals nesting in a tree just outside our dining room window.  Unfortunately it was before we had our digital camera, so taking pictures wasn't as practical a matter.  We ate in the kitchen for the duration, only sneaking into the dining room to spy on the birds.  It was a joy to watch the whole sequence of nest building, egg laying, brooding and hatching.  The nest was attacked by something, probably a crow, right before the chick was ready to fledge.  They had to leave the nest, but apparently the parents were able to protect the chick.  We saw them around the yard for several days until the chick was able to fly.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2007, 12:01:10 PM »
Thankyou, R-M !  I don't feel quite such a simpering idiot now!  It's good to know that there are other people out there who get rather carried away when encountering wildlife. We've always enjoyed bird and animal watching, ( not to mention tree, flower and fruit watching) but since we moved into suburbia, anything we do see seems even more special.

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2007, 06:47:55 PM »
May I politely request that all talk of birds goes into a special Bird thread so that I won't have to read about them over my coffee and toast YET AGAIN!  My fur (not f******s) is ruffled good and proper .... if you weren't afraid before you should be now!!  >:D >:D >:D