Author Topic: Itsy Bitsy Spiders.... Are still spiders!  (Read 4419 times)

CornflakeGirl

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Itsy Bitsy Spiders.... Are still spiders!
« on: August 07, 2007, 07:14:59 AM »
How big was that spider???  I believe it was an itsy bitsy spider...  But perhaps I'm wrong.  I think ITSY should be an added word.  I also noticed that astro is not a valid word.  Is astro just a name of a dog from a cartoon I remember, or would anyone else consider it a word?  I know I was shocked when it didn't accept it.

Until next time...
CFG

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
Re: Itsy Bitsy Spiders.... Are still spiders!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 07:39:44 AM »
Hello CFG,
Long time no hear...how have you been? Have you done anything exciting lately? What news from your neck of the woods?

There is also that 'Itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini' , so i can't see how it could be turned down. Virtually the whole English speaking world [of a certain age] would know both of those.

However, as VIRAL is sick to his back teeth with the subject of arachnids [and who could blame him] I don't know what he might say.

As for astro..isn't it usually attached to physics...turf...or some other such thing?

We can but wait with bated breath...

Take care till the next time...
:angel:

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 09:25:11 AM »
To prove they exist, here are some actual photos of the previously-mentioned suggestions:

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 09:27:53 AM »
To back up threeb's theory:

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 09:37:47 AM »
Thanks for that backup, Anonsi! You know, guys, sometimes it's hard to convince anyone as to the existence of things, regardless of the irrefutable material, so it may be a chore to sway them. Such as the fact that some people still deny that men landed on the moon. Or believe that the earth is flat. So, expect resistance!!! But we must stand firm in our convictions!!! UNITE!!

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 09:58:33 AM »
Threeb,
you do come up with some ridiculous things...of course men didn't land on the moon...everybody knows it's made of cheese!!!
And the earth is flat, cos people who disappear have just fallen off the edge...

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 10:02:41 AM »
I was raised on a commune in Area 51 in the middle of the desert, so I believe (and know) many things kept from the general public!! I could write a book!

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 10:04:23 AM »
You should threeb. I'm sure it would be very interesting.

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 10:14:55 AM »
Thanks, T -- I'll be sure to send you an autographed copy -- with an alien's signature, of course!

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »
Hi CFG

Sorry it's taken me some time to respond on this one. Since these are your first suggestions, as far as I recall, I'd really like to say yes ... but in fact I'm saying no. Sorry.

Itsy doesn't seem to be used apart from its pal bitsy, and usually they're chained together with a hyphen. But even when itsy bitsy is written without a hyphen, it's still an indivisible unit - itsy is not a word in its own right as far as I can see.

And astro has a similar problem, because all the dictionaries I checked have it as a prefix only, never a word in its own right.

But don't be discouraged from making more suggestions. I'm sure there are still plenty of eligible words out there, waiting to be noticed.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

CornflakeGirl

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 04:34:01 PM »
Hello All!  I've been out of town celebrating my niece turning 7!  She's a cutie!  She got an electronic Razor scooter!  I can't believe they're actually putting children on motorized vehicles now-a-days, but dang she looks adorable on that thing!  And of course it's hot pink!  So, even cuter!  So, I've kept up w/the puzzles, and my master word list (of course!!!!) but haven't been checking the board, so sorry for my delayed response!

Denied!  Darn!  I guess I'm not even going to try for "Noodlier" cuz I'm sure that would probably be denied as well.  But, not discouraged, I'll just try harder to find more probable words. 

Thanks all for the support, and I couldn't even think of having a bad feeling towards Alan, as I've visited many posts across the web that he has made, and I respect his brain, even if I don't agree w/all of his decisions! 

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 08:22:59 PM »
You will spit blood if NOODLIER is there tomorrow CFG...

Aren't girls lovely at 7...my 2 were nice then..i think... :-\