Author Topic: I am humbled !  (Read 5244 times)

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
I am humbled !
« on: April 02, 2007, 11:46:11 AM »
For years I have prided myself on my vocabulary. I considered it to be extensive, exhaustive, eclectic and erudite. After less than a week of playing Chi (playing ? sweating various bodily fluids more like ) I have been toppled from my smug, self-satisfied and decidedly crumbly pedestal. I grovel before all you wordsmiths. I make a solemn promise that I shall do better. I am about to write 100 lines....."Pride comes before a fall."      :'(

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I am humbled !
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 12:17:10 PM »
Hi Binkie, and welcome to the forum - and the game.

I know just how you feel about those high-fliers on the scoreboard. But perhaps your lines ought to read something like "Braggadocio antedates a declination"!
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 12:58:55 PM »
Oh, that makes me feel SO much better!        ;D

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »
Poor Binkie,  :(
Don't feel like that...when you play the game everyday...as we do and have...almost since it's inception...you will get there too...find a way to remember all the really odd words..they pop up all the time..
Keep the faith....
All the best,
Technomc...
P.S. What on earth was Alan going on about???????????????????

lulu

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 07:52:48 PM »
Hey Binkie,

You play better than me, and I try really really really hard and probably sweat the same bodily fluids as you, and so very very sadly  :'( I seem to reach a certain point and then the brain goes into la la land...  ???   

Probably all the red wine I have consumed that has killed off the Chi part of my brain cells  ;)

Hope this makes you feel less humbled.

Oh well, I'm off to get another glass of red...

Lulu

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 08:18:56 PM »
Thank you for those kind and supportive words, Technomc and Lulu!  Actually I don't mind at all being bested by better minds.......I just wish that I'd found Chihuahua a long time ago. I must have played every other online game that there is.....Word Mojo, Boggle, Bookworm, Texttwist,Flipwords etc etc. I think the real difference is that in those games you simply try to beat your own score, and have no idea how other people might fare. That's why I got such a shake-up when I found you all! It's really put me on my mettle.......out have come the ancient dictionaries....(would you believe a 20kg, 1927 Websters? My pride and joy ) and on has gone the thinking cap. I am trying hard to resist killing off more of my grey cells with a few glasses of wine.....white in my case!    :D  :D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 08:30:47 PM »
Good morning (at least it is here):

T is so right, Binkie, because it takes a long time to get up and up. After doing the puzzles over and over, you start associating all those little words that are spelled so similarly. It's just the old practice, practice, practice. We've all played those other tired little games, which now are just like stretching and yawning between marathons compared to this, and yet have somehow magically arrived. Now, more than the game, it's usually the forum that keeps me even more motivated to come back every day.

And if a little red wine helps, why not?  ;)

3-B

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 09:23:43 PM »
Hi all

I subscribe to Inspector Morse's theory that alcohol loosens the brain cells and enables clearer thinking!  I certainly find that if I've had a glass or three of dry, white wine the night before my brain seems to be more alert -or perhaps I'm so befuddled that it just appears that way!!  Obviously, I didn't have enough last night as more scores are pretty woeful today! :(  Too early for another, will have to rely on strong, black coffee but it doesn't appear to have the same effect!  ;)

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 09:46:03 PM »
Nor it is nearly as much fun!
 ;)
3-B