Author Topic: Forum profile photo query for Alan  (Read 251 times)

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Forum profile photo query for Alan
« on: December 04, 2023, 01:33:48 PM »
I like to change my profile photo with the seasons and enjoy taking pictures of flowers and gardens and I was wondering if there was a way for the past posts to keep the photo they had at the time of posting? There probably isn’t cause I’m not technically-minded, and it’s not important, it just would be nice to look back at an old post and see what was current then. And be fun for those with photos of the themselves to look back and see then and now!
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Forum profile photo query for Alan
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 02:26:55 PM »
No, I don't know of any way to do that, Jacki. Sorry.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 03:43:07 PM »
Thanks anyway!

Calilasseia

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Pass the dissection kit ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 08:57:56 AM »
I like to change my profile photo with the seasons and enjoy taking pictures of flowers and gardens and I was wondering if there was a way for the past posts to keep the photo they had at the time of posting? There probably isn’t cause I’m not technically-minded, and it’s not important, it just would be nice to look back at an old post and see what was current then. And be fun for those with photos of the themselves to look back and see then and now!

That would require images to be saved on the server (along with database entries recording when each image was in use). Even if users only change images once per year,, the resource requirements add up substantially over time.

Then you would have all the fun of integrating said database and saved images with the forum software. An in depth examination thereof could very well scupper the idea.
Remember: if the world's bees disappear, we become extinct with them ...

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 08:05:50 PM »
Yep well I’m definitely not technically-minded which is why I asked the question to start with, obviously I have no idea!!