Author Topic: High Tea  (Read 385552 times)

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
Re: High Tea
« Reply #1545 on: March 12, 2010, 12:29:06 AM »
I hope this silence doesn't mean the hags have become sweet and kindly (old or young) ladies.

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: March 16, 2010, 12:53:44 AM »
So now it's been 48 hours without a post.  What's going on, folks?

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: March 16, 2010, 03:24:46 AM »
We're testing your patience and seeing how well you come off an addiction.

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: March 16, 2010, 09:00:22 AM »
snarling and biting anyone who walks by - pretty soon I'll be holding them up with a gun and insisting they join the forum and start posting.

Steadyguy

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: March 16, 2010, 08:26:09 PM »
I did check in several times, T, but sometimes after I've posted, I look over and all the recent posts on different topics are by "birdy" - I thought I'd give other peole a chance. :D :D

Don't worry about not giving other people a chance. Publish and be damned!!!!! >:D
Diem Carpe et Amplexa.
(Roughly translated means 'Don't just seize the day HUG IT!)

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: March 18, 2010, 09:42:39 PM »
Well, it's good that forumates are checking in and posting where they see fit...

.....but hag action is definately needed..we need to synchronise our watches, make a date..and have a good blast..

I do miss the times when the banter has been so fast on several different threads at a time, that i haven't been able to keep up, and that not helped by the fact that i was laughing so much i was crying....

BRING IT ON.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: August 23, 2010, 10:20:48 PM »
Hello forumates.... I have missed you all....

It's been ages i'm afraid to say, since i was last on here...
Here is a bit of an update as to why.....

My job was on the line for a couple of months -all better now though i'm pleased to say.

A few bouts of illness -nothing serious and all better now though.

A holiday to Zante for 2 weeks...fabulous but all over now for another year i'm sorry to say.

Computer problems...again...which will hopefully be sorted tomorrow, when normal service will be resumed.

I seem to have missed all sorts of things..birthdays, newbies, etc..and will endeavour to catch up..but in the meantime..i hope you are all well, and i have missed you and the chat..X

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: August 23, 2010, 10:51:58 PM »
I had been wondering where you'd got to, matie!!  Glad to hear all is well now.  I have just recently returned from Paris .... had a fantastic time and spent an absolute fortune!  Saw and spoke to Woody Allen on the Champs Elysees!  Refrained from buying anything in Louis Vuitton ... picked up a purse and it was 300 Euros!  Spent hours in the Musee D'Orsay looking at my fave Impressionist paintings and spent the evenings in Montmartre amongst the arty types .... wonderful! 

Speak soon, I hope ... back to work now .....  >:D

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: August 25, 2010, 12:35:28 AM »
Welcome back, T!  The photos on Facebook made it look as though you had a good time, partly because it looked as though the offspring entertained themselves!

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: August 26, 2010, 01:43:46 AM »
Hi Birdy,
It was fab...really hot and sunny..and you are right..the girls were very good at entertaining themselves.

We met up with 2 of the families that we made friends with last year, so there were 6 of them, all around the same age, that played with each other [in the nicest possible way of course] and kept out of our hair...

Us parents did chuckle though...for all that the youngsters like to think that they are very grown-up and sophisticated, it was hilarious [and rather lovely] to see them running around in the evening playing Hide-and-seek...just like children of their age should do!!

I did do my very level best to drown them in the pool, for the insurance money you understand, with very little success i'm sorry to say!!!

It was brilliant....

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: August 26, 2010, 11:14:11 AM »
It helps if you put cement overshoes on them before encouraging them to dive in.  Better luck next year!

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: August 26, 2010, 10:59:52 PM »
I seem to recall you were doing some sort of rennovation work, T. Is that all done now, then?

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: August 28, 2010, 12:36:58 AM »
Hi Anonsi,
Yes i was..and it is done now..however i will have to redecorate in another year once all the new plaster has dried and finished cracking...what joy that will be!! It's looking good though, and it has cured the damp problem-just as well considering all the rain we keep having during our wonderful summer!!!

Anyway..how the devil are you?

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: August 28, 2010, 07:50:39 AM »
Hey T,

Glad to hear your house is looking good (like you)!!  I've been doing pretty well lately. Even the all the rain we've been getting hasn't kept my spirits down.  We've had tons and tons. Which isn't really normal for us. Usually the grass is all dead and brown this time of year, but this year it still looks like spring outside.

Spent the day cleaning today. Phew! Glad that's done. It's no fun cleaning things that don't really make a difference. Like toilets and things. It's important to clean them, but no one ever notices if you do! 

Oh and I'm going on vacation with my boyfriend in November... I can't wait! Should be a fantastic time. Practically counting the seconds already.

Miss you and I'm glad to see your happy face around here again!

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: August 31, 2010, 10:22:33 PM »
Thanks anonsi...

Where are you going on HOLIDAY?  [vacation indeed!!!!  >:( ]

I hate cleaning...i can always find a hundred better things to do than housework...like reading blamk paper, or watching paint dry etc....and if you don't touch the dust you can barely notice it after a while...

Good to hear from you...