Author Topic: High Tea  (Read 385637 times)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
Re: High Tea
« Reply #915 on: January 30, 2008, 01:41:51 AM »
 >:D

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 01, 2008, 09:25:28 AM »
'the windmills of your mind', the theme tune for The Thomas Crown affair, with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway...
I love that song...i've got it on a 45 single....and the movie-1 of my all time favourites.
Thanks for reminding me Linda...i shall sing it all evening now [what's left of it..]

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 01, 2008, 09:34:35 AM »
Sorry i've not been out to play much lately...i'm having computer problems again...it's on a real go slow, and i cannot make head nor tail of AOL's instructions to make it all better again.
This fcunkig thing drives me barmy........

I will try on saturday when i have more time...in the meantime i will try and catch up with you all tomorrow at work  [during my breaks of course!!]

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 01, 2008, 12:09:18 PM »
I've really missed you, T -- and Linda's been pretty much all off today, having gotten an exciting new assignment thanks to her VCW.

Me and birdy and binks have pretty much been it here the last few days, with a dip from anonsi.  :'(

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 02, 2008, 11:43:10 AM »
This is a fleeting visit i'm afraid threeb...
I'm jolly well orf to my pit...it's been a long day-a good day, but a long one.

It's bloody freezing here....another night of snuggling my Walter hottle bottle, until a night flush comes on [every 2 bloody frustrating hours] when i'll be skipping around my frozen garden trying to cool down...what hot stuff i am!!!!

catch up tomorrow i hope...

I hope you're ok!

Take care one and all....

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 02, 2008, 11:46:00 AM »
Sleep tighty-righty, T! Don't let the bedbugs bite -- and don't let your toes get frostbite!  ;)

jane@manutd

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 02, 2008, 09:49:45 PM »
Sounds so like me as well. T !!! Except I don't manage to make it to the garden, just open the window and shove my top half out!!!

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 03, 2008, 12:20:04 AM »
What 'hot stuff' us ancients are?
I think i can officially call myself an antique soon....50 years is the official time for that isn't it?? Or is that a 'modern antique'?

I gather you have had some pretty rough weather up there jane...did you come out cold but unscathed?

It's beautifully sunny here again today...but nippy....glad i'm not a brass monkey!!

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 03, 2008, 12:24:31 AM »
Actually, T, I think that at 50, you're more of a "collectible." Got another 50 to go before you're truly an antique.  ;)

jane@manutd

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 04, 2008, 02:09:43 AM »
Weather not as bad as some places. Bit of snow but really only a sprinkling compared to what it could have been. Only 1 school shut much to the disappointment of all the local kids as it wasn't ours!!!
Had some pretty nasty gales though with waves coming right over the harbour walls and the little road along the front shut at one end. But on the whole - not so bad - .

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 04, 2008, 03:07:50 AM »
It's all relative, then. Here, we're looking at a couple of very mild days with some sun, and temps up into the 70s. But, of course, that's deceiving, since Feb. and March will bring more winds and cold, I'm sure. Most likely, though, there won't be any snow-related days off for the schoolkids anytime soon around here. Stay warm, jane.

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 04, 2008, 10:27:14 PM »
So i'm a bona fide 'collectable'....

How exciting...a very limited edition of one then...unique in every sense of the word, as opposed to antique in every sense of the word...

But there is just one problem...no-one wants to collect me... :'(

Glad you weren't blow apart Jane, or buried under snow....Linda must have had some too i would imagine.
Apart from cold, it's been beautifully sunny here the last 3 or 4 days....

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 04, 2008, 11:40:06 PM »
A fine and unique grade of collectable such as you is meant to be appreciated by only the most discriminating type of collector, T. He is out there -- and when he sees you, he will know it, and so will you.  ;)

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 05, 2008, 02:22:50 AM »
It's bloody freezing here....

Really?! Wouldn't want to see what you think of here, then.  >:D

With windchill we had temps in the -30 F (-34.4 C) range the other day.  Snowed yesterday, but temps are at a more reasonable 32 F (0 C) right now, which means that we have freezing rain and icy slush.  Neither one is great to deal with.  :-\

Missed you lately, T.  I hope all is going very well for you.  Got your travel tickets bought yet for your wild fling on holidays? ;)

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 05, 2008, 02:34:54 AM »
Anonsi,
If i had temperatures like that here i would have migrated south by now....for sure.

Anything under 20 degrees C feels cold for me, and i have been know to sit under a duvet on the beach before now when everyone else is in their cossies....
I don't do cccCOLD...IT mmmmAKES ME shshshshIVER.....

I'm doing well my lovely, thanks for asking...how bout chew?

Thanks for the encouragemant threeb....