Author Topic: Word suggestion from Sunday 5th Feb Challenge puzzle  (Read 319 times)

ishtar

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Word suggestion from Sunday 5th Feb Challenge puzzle
« on: February 05, 2023, 06:04:06 PM »
I would like to suggest the word NAPED as an uncommon word. This word has caused my hit rate to drop from 100% before (grrr) so today I looked it up but could only find it listed in the Merriam/Webster dictionary. The example sentence was to do with birds eg. the yellow naped parrot so I guess that's why I thought it would be a valid word.....anyways I hope that you see fit to add it as an uncommon word for the bird lovers out there in Chihuahua land :-)

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Word suggestion from Sunday 5th Feb Challenge puzzle
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 08:14:02 PM »
Love the cute jumping emoji!! Happy to second naped!!!
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

ishtar

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 01:17:45 PM »
Thanks Jacki.....not quite sure how that jumping emoji got there as I only vaguely recall putting a smiley face at the end using the keys on my keyboard rather than the emoticons above the typing area.....I agree, it is rather cute though.....I think I might test out if that's what happened and do the same thing with the keys on my keyboard :-)

ishtar

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 01:18:58 PM »
Yep, I can see now that that's how it got there

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 01:51:28 PM »
It could be debatable whether naped should be accepted as a word in its own right, since it seems to be always used in combinations. However it's accepted by Merriam-Webster, and Wiktionary, so who am I to dissent? I suppose the thing is that there are so many of those combinations: black naped hare, black naped oriole, yellow naped amazon, yellow naped woodpecker, rufous naped wren, etc, etc.

I'll add naped as a rare word.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

ishtar

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 07:58:48 PM »
Thank you Alan.....keep up the stellar job you're doing. Chihuahua word puzzles are one of my favourite things to do to exercise my mind.....I really appreciate the time and effort you put into maintaining this website.