Author Topic: Shout out to kathyF  (Read 595 times)

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
Shout out to kathyF
« on: February 11, 2023, 09:52:48 AM »
I can't message kathyF because she doesn't appear to be a member of the forum, but I hope she'll be able to read this.

Thank you, kathyF, for the many 7-by-many 'Your puzzles' you create with a very low common word count. I really enjoy the challenge, as do many others judging by the large numbers who play them.

Wibbly Bits

• Logologist
  • Perth, Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Shout out to kathyF
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 10:27:01 AM »
I agree. I salute you on your uncanny ability to find seed words that are fiendishly tricky to solve, with such short solution lists. Well done, and keep it up.  :D

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 12:06:40 PM »
Yes, they’re great! Thanks, kathyF!

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 12:34:19 PM »
Add me to the list of fans! I enjoy them so much that when I've done yours I'll create a few of my own.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 12:55:54 PM »
Just what I needed to find!  :-R Thanks kathyF and those on the forum who sent me there.
Moyra
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2023, 02:11:12 PM »
Following a suggestion made to me by some forumites, I sent an email to KathyF to let her know about this thread. Here is her reply:

Thanks so much for your email, it made my day!  Occasionally I look at the forum but chances are I would missed it.  It's sometimes frustrating finding a word that works but I keep coming back so I guess I'm addicted.  Please let everyone on the  forum know how much I appreciate their kind words.  A big thanks to you as well for giving us all a chance to have fun and exercise our brains at the same time.

Greetings from Canada
Kathy
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2023, 02:45:21 PM »
Thanks Alan.

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2023, 07:43:36 PM »
I never use Your Puzzles but it's interesting to see, from this thread, that when it comes to the 7-by-many puzzle, which is my favourite, I may be in the minority in that I prefer those with a higher word count. Is anyone with me on that?

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2023, 09:50:19 PM »
I never use Your Puzzles but it's interesting to see, from this thread, that when it comes to the 7-by-many puzzle, which is my favourite, I may be in the minority in that I prefer those with a higher word count. Is anyone with me on that?

My preference is for the Goldilocks zone...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Wibbly Bits

• Logologist
  • Perth, Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2023, 08:24:55 AM »
I generally prefer those with around 20 or 30 common words at most. Your puzzles allowing 'S' words often end up with lists well over 100 words, and I tend to skip those, unless I have lots of spare time.