Author Topic: An historic event occurred in Boca Chica Texas today(??? - depending on TZ)  (Read 334 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Not sure if this is of interest to you (but I'm a real SpaceX nerd!) - SpaceX performed a 31 engine static fire (supposed to be 33 but they shut 1 down and another shut itself down)

6:40:55: FireX
6:41:21:  Static Fire
7:08:20 for some replays
...and go to 8:05 for SpaceX's own drone shot from above!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kG4AbAcia0
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

PJune

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info.

When I was in my teens (many years ago), I expected to be living on Mars by now.  Was anyone else a Robert Heinlein fan?

PJ

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
When I was in my teens (many years ago), I expected to be living on Mars by now.  Was anyone else a Robert Heinlein fan?

Not particularly a fan of Heinlein, but when men walked on the moon I was in my teens and thought people would be living on Mars (as well as the moon) by now. So disappointing.

Tom

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
When I look at this truly beautiful, amazing, changing, glorious planet on which humans live, I cannot imagine for one moment why anyone would want to live on a rocky, barren, lifeless place like Mars. I stand amazed at the variability of life on earth. To look at earth from space it is green and blue and created so perfectly to sustain life.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk

BIG fan of Heinlein (big scifi fan in general; started with Alan E. Nourse and then to Asimov before finding Heinlein in my twenties) and I too was (just) in my teens man first walked on the moon. I would have expected more by now as well...  :-R :-R :-R
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)