Author Topic: Saturday 31 December 7-by-many HEREUPON puzzle  (Read 161 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Saturday 31 December 7-by-many HEREUPON puzzle
« on: January 02, 2023, 01:07:51 PM »
HONOUREE – honoree was allowed as rare… just sayin’ (also https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/honouree and others)
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Saturday 31 December 7-by-many HEREUPON puzzle
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 09:46:01 PM »
People in Britain and Australia tend not to use the word, with either spelling, finding other ways of expressing the concept. The honouree version is mainly used in Canada. For instance, in an October 2022 article on the CBC website:

A recent honouree at the Craft Ontario Craft Awards, Tsang's work is also currently appearing at the Art Gallery of Burlington through Nov. 26.

I'll add it as a rare word.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: Saturday 31 December 7-by-many HEREUPON puzzle
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 12:35:59 AM »
Thanks Alan...  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)