Author Topic: 403 Forbidden  (Read 393 times)

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
403 Forbidden
« on: November 20, 2022, 03:22:52 PM »
At the chihuahua-puzzle.com version of the site I'm getting the following message today when I try to access the forum:

Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!

At chi.lexigsame.com I have no problem accessing the forum – obviously, since I'm here  :)

Anyone else having this problem?

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: 403 Forbidden
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 07:29:21 AM »
I just tried it, and I was forbidden too (on an iPhone, if that makes any difference).

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 09:47:21 AM »
I just tried it, and I was forbidden too (on an iPhone, if that makes any difference).

I've just tried it on a Windows PC and got the same message... here's the link for others to try: https://chihuahua-puzzle.com
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 11:13:39 AM »
I can replicate this problem too, although it seems to be intermittent. Often when an IT problem starts occurring "out of the blue", it's actually because of some change made by the IT staff. In this case there's only one IT staff member, and I did recently change some things.

People were having similar problems three years ago, after I relocated the forum from the chihuahua-puzzle.com server to lexigame.com. It seems I found a solution then, but I don't recall what it was. Hopefully I'll work it out before long.

In the meantime, you should always be able to get to the forum by clicking on the Forum menu button at the very top of the page.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 11:37:43 AM »
It seems I found a solution then, but I don't recall what it was. Hopefully I'll work it out before long.

Documentation is a wonderful thing... At least, so I found when I was working in IT...

...and I was the guy who put the SH into IT!!!  >:D >:D >:D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2022, 11:54:45 AM »
UPDATE:
I may have corrected the problem. If it's still happening, try refreshing the chihuahua-puzzle.com page.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2022, 12:11:40 PM »
It seems to be OK now, Alan...  ;D ;D ;D

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2022, 03:26:10 PM »
Working now for me too.

Thanks Alan.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 09:01:03 AM »
All good now, but a good tip on accessing the forum if things go wonky!