Author Topic: Thanks to Chihuahua People  (Read 578 times)

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
Thanks to Chihuahua People
« on: August 22, 2022, 04:10:51 AM »
Thanks to all
For being the reliable foundation everyday for word fun & diversion. For many excuses for ongoing procrastination from distasteful chores. For the banter and sense of community. Thru sickness & health (yes descending into mushy wedding affirmations). I am probably not singular in taking this wonderful global community of word aficionados for granted.

The occasion for this particular outburst of gushyness is my beloved dog of over 15 years. She is failing. My appointments for the next few days are all canceled so we can be together. I’ll continue to be in the game for as long as my butterfly mind can focus.

Looming over the sadness is the immeasurable gift of Maiko’s presence all these years. Be well my cyber friends & continue loving whatever is in front of you

Paula

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks to Chihuahua People
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 04:22:19 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, Paula. It truly is heartbreaking to lose a much loved pet, which Maiko obviously is. I suspect she's had as good a life as any dog could hope for. Be strong for her.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 04:28:03 AM »
Hi Paula

I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news.  Please try and find some inner strength & remember all the happiness & pleasure that Maiko has brought to you for the 15 years you've enjoyed together.

I can only echo what you say about our wonderful global community.  It brings me a great deal of pleasure & enjoyment.  A special mention for my dear friend Jack  :)

Pen

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 08:48:58 AM »
Oh Paula, that’s sad to hear. It sounds like Maiko will appreciate you being close to her, and her paw prints are obviously on your heart. You are doing the best by her, she is clearly well beloved.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 09:55:45 AM »
Hi Paula,

June and I were saddened to hear of your news about Maiko and we would like you to accept a virtual hug from both of us. 

Hardly a week goes past where we don't mention Bessie, Daisy, or Zephyr but after a moment's sadness, we remember that except for their last little while they had a very happy life and were the source of much joy for us.

Dogs understand more than we give them credit for and Maiko will understand what is happening and will be comforted by your obvious love.

Regards, Jack

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 10:28:37 AM »
All your sentiments are of great comfort. They help sustain me. Maiko seems more confused than suffering. I have not yet called the Lap of Love which comes to the house to close the lives of animals in their own homes. Yet.  and hope she will expire naturally

I know the beings we care for so deeply live within us throughout our lifetime of vivid memories. Now is the hard part. Dogs are so easy to love

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 11:20:41 PM »
I know the beings we care for so deeply live within us throughout our lifetime of vivid memories. Now is the hard part. Dogs are so easy to love
Indeed, thinking of you, Paula and your beloved friend...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 06:14:52 PM »
All my thoughts and love to you both.  Christine.Xx