Author Topic: Wednesday 3 August 7-by-many CATFISH puzzle  (Read 317 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Wednesday 3 August 7-by-many CATFISH puzzle
« on: August 04, 2022, 02:43:50 PM »
FASCIITIS – inflammation of the fascia (white covering of the muscle) – I know this one from personal experience following a car accident ☹ resulting in a fasciotomy; sometimes (mis)spelt fascitis https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fasciitis
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
Re: Wednesday 3 August 7-by-many CATFISH puzzle
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 03:44:03 PM »
My young grandson came home from school to announce he’d been given a STIFFICAT because of his good behaviour!

Calilasseia

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Pass the dissection kit ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 07:37:02 AM »
Necrotising fasciitis became something of a horror news story here in the UK a few years ago. Don't know if it became newsworthy elsewhere, but for a time, the tabloids here were all over this.
Remember: if the world's bees disappear, we become extinct with them ...

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 09:10:26 PM »
The word fasciitis has been around for some time but seems to have been used more frequently in this century. It is now listed in many dictionaries. I'll add it as a rare word.

Judging from the citations in the OED fascitis is the original spelling, but the double-i version seems to be totally dominant these days, so I would see no point in including the old variant.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 09:59:42 PM »
Thanks Alan...  ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)