Author Topic: I'm coming out  (Read 5300 times)

lulu

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
I'm coming out
« on: March 30, 2007, 12:31:02 AM »
Hi all and greetings from downunder,

Yes, I am another fully fledged 'Chi' addict out in cyber space enjoying the game and eternally grateful to the Lord of the Chi.  Like another or others on this site, life since Chi has been far more 'meaningful'  :)

I confess to having been a lurker for a while, enjoying the postings and the community that is evolving and am glad to be a part of it. 

lurking lulu

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
Re: I'm coming out
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 01:36:40 AM »
Hey, Lulu -

Greeting back from "up yonder." I'm sure you'll enjoy getting into the mix, now that you've taken that first big step.

It's amazing how many Aussies love this forum, and I've enjoyed the chats, and have learned a lot of interesting things about everyone even when I'm not writing here. Creative ideas and plenty of new vocabulary. And Alan is very gentle with everyone. He's the perfect host.

Cheers,  ;D
B-B-B

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 07:17:17 AM »
Hi Lulu,
and welcome from even further 'up yonder'....
It's nice to welcome you on board to this...our intercontinental chat line...
We're not a bad bunch,[albeit a bit sad ?!?!] and sometimes we might even write something interesting..
I shall look forward to reading your comments on the topics..
Regards to all,
Technomc  ;)

lulu

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 06:28:41 PM »
Thanks B-B-B and Technomc for your warm welcome.  I must say that as I play each day, I watch both of you and other Chi Masters scale the lofty heights of the socreboard, I am in awe ;)   Your vocabulary must be incredibly expansive.  This little grasshopper humbly asks 'How do you consistently do this?'

Grasshopper lulu

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 08:33:22 PM »
Hi Lulu

Welcome to the forum. I assume you're the Lulu who is "another of the Chihuahua sisters in WA". We seem to have quite a few players from WA. There and Thailand, for some reason. Anyhow, it's good to hear from you.

I can't answer the question you asked of B-B-B and Technomc. I wish I knew the answer to that myself!
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 08:47:29 PM »
Hi, Lulu:

There is no universal mystery to it. In a nutshell-wipe on, wipe off. It's just a matter of being WAAAYYY too dedicated to the game :o. Practice play on random puzzles (and other games like scrabble)  ::), obsessively perusing dictionaries  ???, and lots of sheer dumb luck  :P.

Keep having fun. Regards,
B-B-B  ;)

PS: a near spoiler: ladette -- recently suggested by Linda -- was in the Friday puzzle, but, alas and alack, could not qualify as a valid entry without the "r". Maybe someday soon.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 09:16:01 PM by biggerbirdbrain »

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 01:54:18 AM »
Hi Lulu, and Alan and all,
I'm chuffed as nuts with your comment about being in awe...i've never had anybody in awe of me before..and i will take it where i can get it.. i'm not proud... ;D

Like B.B.B. there is no great scheme..
I was always good at English at school, and have always been interested in words, ergo, i play loads of word games and set crosswords and word puzzles.

When a word comes up that i have never heard of before i jot it down, research it, and try to use it in everyday conversation. That way it's not a new word anymore. I suppose over the years and years and years of doing it my vocab has built up.

I do have some favourite words;
quintessential....nacho...mustang...abeyance...fudge... to name a few.

It is sad isn't it?

Oh well, i must be off to start todays word search...
Regards to all,
Technomc  ;)

lulu

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 03:28:27 AM »
Hi Alan, B-B-B, Technomc and other Chi'ers

Thankyou for your welcome.  Yes I am one of the Chihuahua sisters, the one who discovered the 'Chi' drug and introduced it to my sisters who are now also addicted...  Oh dear, does this make me a 'Chi' pusher  :-[

There are three Chihuahua sisters.  Rani is my baby sis and Sa my older sis.  Rani and I compete with each other quite fiercely (but lovingingly of course ;)). Sa and her partner DarCoil are currently trekking through India, so for now they are going cold turkey.  What will happen when they return home I wonder..... 

Your comment about there being a few of us in WA who play the Chi game doesn't surprise me.  What else are we isolated sandgropers to do being so far away from the civilised world?  ;)

B-B-B and Technomc, I rest my case... you are the Guru's of Chi... at the top of the scoreboard again...  awesome.

All I can say is thank you Chi Master for your contribution to all of us who have no life  :D

Regards to all
Lulu