Author Topic: Tuesday 14 June 7-by-many LUSTIER/SULTRIER/SULTRIEST/SURLIEST puzzle  (Read 178 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
REUTILISE – to utilise again, perhaps in a different manner, alternative form of reutilize https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/reutilise (also a seed word)
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tuesday 14 June 7-by-many LUSTIER/SULTRIER/SULTRIEST/SURLIEST puzzle
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 03:02:43 PM »
We already accept the -Z- form, along with the related words reutilized, reutilizing and reutilization.

The -S- versions are given in a few dictionaries - Collins and the online Oxford, as well as Wiktionary - sometimes labeled as British variants. In fact it looks like the -Z- versions may be the more frequently used, in Britain as well as in the US. Still, the -S- forms are sometimes used. An example is from a Reuters report from November 2021:

"Relevant data related to pipelines, facilities and wells will also be shared to evaluate potential reutilisation of existing infrastructure for transport and storage in selected locations," Petronas said.

I'll add reutilise, reutilised, reutilising and reutilisation as rare words..
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: Tuesday 14 June 7-by-many LUSTIER/SULTRIER/SULTRIEST/SURLIEST puzzle
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 03:10:56 PM »
Thanks again Alan...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)