Author Topic: Health benefits of playing Chihuahua.  (Read 10852 times)

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
Health benefits of playing Chihuahua.
« on: March 28, 2007, 05:10:20 AM »
It's official everybody,

There are health benefits to sitting at your computer for hours playing this game.
In a recent 'healthy' magazine there was an article by a Dr Layward saying that;
Older people who have regular mental stimulus appear to maintain their cognitive abilities better.

This mental stimulus can help to ward off diseases like Parkinsons, dementia and depression, because it stimulates new neuronal connections and increases blood flow to the brain, keeping the brain active throughout life. ;D

[A little bit of physical stuff wouldn't go amiss occasionally though...going and making a cup of tea or java, popping to the loo, switching the computer off at night, that kind of thing...!!!]

Anyway, i thought i would share that with you all...i certainly feel a whole lot healthier since reading it... :-X

So raise your glasses and drink a toast to Alan, who has had our mental and physical wellbeing at heart all this time.....

Cheers,
Technomc. ;)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Health benefits of playing Chihuahua.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 10:32:18 AM »
Well, you've changed your tune, Technomc! A couple of days ago Chihuahua was preventing you from having a life. Now it's the means to a healthier life.

I found a Web page with another quote from the same doctor:

One of the key things to do to keep your mind active and functioning well is to challenge yourself by learning new things and socially engaging yourself. The key really is to use it or lose it!

So, it's not enough to play the games, you also need to be involved in the forum, learning new words and socially engaging with fellow-players!

Maybe I should apply for some kind of government grant...
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 06:37:47 PM »
Surely it's a case of the brain getting fitter but the body getting fatter!!   ;)

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 10:46:01 PM »
Hi Binks...goodnight Binks...
If you are wondering [or wandering!!] about your little grey cells...read my original post in this series....should make you feel better....
Sweet dreams..
;) { has left the building [for now]}