Author Topic: Threebee  (Read 226640 times)

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
Re: Threebee
« Reply #900 on: October 28, 2008, 08:54:47 AM »
Not sure - I asked the question on "Does anybody know..." - Linda thinks they may be anticoagulants.

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 31, 2008, 01:40:31 AM »
Hi mate ... you appear to have arrived just as I must leave for a while!

Just want to wish you a wonderful ....

HALLOWEEN!!!

Be at your haggish worst tomorrow!!  >:D >:D >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 31, 2008, 01:47:11 AM »
Oh, yes -- I will follow your wise advice, O great hag! And the very same to you!  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 17, 2008, 11:59:04 PM »
Hi mate ... long time since we last chatted ... Halloween?!  This Forum is becoming far too quiet!

Anyway, hope you're well and looking forward to the Christmas break ... surely you will take some time off from interviewing old people clad in p****e clothing?!  I am about a bit today but have a hundred and one chores to do, including some proofreading that I must get done today but hopefully might catch time for a little chat.  >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 18, 2008, 01:28:34 AM »
I'll be here for the better part of the (our) a.m., then will whisk(er!) away to stuff and deliver papers. By the time I return, I'm sure you'll be fast asleep.

And yes, I am actually taking the week off (forced as it is, and without pay! >:(), but it will at least give me time to browse a bit for next weeks festivities. The older son and family are due in then, so hopefully it will be a rousing, and likely very warming, gathering. Of course, the little toddler, our baby-man, is expected to run rampant and rowdy, but that's just fine, as long as he doesn't break or lose any small treasure we may have carelessly overlooked and forgot to squirrel away out of his reach. The gifts will probably be modest, but the company will be rich!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 18, 2008, 02:11:41 AM »
Sounds like you'll have fun!  I am cooking dinner for five of us so not too taxing for my very limited culinary skills!!  M&S do a wonderful brandy sauce which is one less thing to make from scratch!!  >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 18, 2008, 02:13:56 AM »
You'll be busy enough, mate, as will I. Hopefully, though, if tradition holds true, the menfolk will do most of the cooking, and the women cleaning up the horrid mess! Regardless, a few swigs of wine might help ease the burden, and a good nap afterward!

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 18, 2008, 02:41:50 AM »
What with all our travelling, we're celebrating the gift-giving early, this Friday (the younger generation takes off in various directions the next morning).  It was originally scheduled for my house, but my family now wants to do it at my brother's.  I was originally a little unhappy about it, but right now I'm greatly relieved - my landlord called yesterday morning to inform me that my windows are (finally) to be replaced Friday, and that means even more disruption than already taking place.

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 18, 2008, 02:43:25 AM »
Not to mention a chilly draft! Better run and hide, birdy! Unless, of course, there are some nicely muscled workmen running about. You might get an early Christmas surprise!  >:D

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 18, 2008, 12:05:31 PM »
oooh - sounds promising - unfortunately, not the workmen my landlord usually hires.  It's a conspiracy to keep me from adding an extra tenant to my apartment.

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 18, 2008, 01:15:03 PM »
Fascists!  >:(

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 19, 2008, 02:01:06 AM »
Pigs, even!

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 19, 2008, 03:49:19 AM »
Completely dictatorial, not to mention inconsiderate and selfish! How dare they?!  >:D

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 20, 2008, 04:42:37 PM »
I am returning to this thread to report that the workmen were indeed well-muscled, not particularly stunning in looks, but high in competence and very pleasant.  They came today and removed all three windows in my apartment at the same time, which made the place a bit chilly since there was a snowstorm raging outside.  They took no offense at my curiosity as I stood around watching them, and gratefully accepted an offer of a cup of tea with cookies.  I was there in my fleece jacket, not nearly as cold as I had thought I would be - one of them was there in a cotton short-sleeved tee shirt, and he was the one hanging out the window!

I now no longer live in a wind tunnel, but that's okay, I can open the new windows to get the same effect any time I want to.

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 21, 2008, 12:15:20 AM »
Well, birdy -- I'm relieved that you no longer live in a wind-blown hovel, but like proper folks! All that activity probably wore you out, but I'll bet you slept like a baby in your cozy calm nest!