Author Topic: Threebee  (Read 226720 times)

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Threebee
« Reply #885 on: October 23, 2008, 11:03:50 PM »
Awwww -- such sad little stories, mates! Gave me a lump in my throat!

And yes, birdy -- I do remember NYC and how everyone plays the ostrich! I had hoped maybe things had changed.  :'(

Which is why I love where I live now. It's a much warmer place, in weather ... and in the heart!

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 24, 2008, 03:17:56 AM »
Where is that, threeb?

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 24, 2008, 10:47:01 AM »
The Lone Star State -- Texas!

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 25, 2008, 05:59:57 AM »
Threeb,

Are you aware that you have spent 50 days of your life on this very forum?!  I had been thinking my mere 13 days was fairly ridiculous until I was cheered by your total. :)

biggerbirdbrain  50d 43m
Linda  31d 51m
technomc  26d 15h 57m
Alan W  25d 21h 48m
Binkie  19d 18h 52m
anonsi  13d 4h 11m
rogue_mother  8d 8h 5m
birdy  7d 23h 17m
Gaye  6d 12h 12m
bobbi  6d 7h 38m

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 25, 2008, 07:39:43 AM »
Astounding, anonsi! I have actually tracked it too, but you do have to understand, that I rarely log off the website ... makes it so much easier to get back in! So, I'd say, as to the true amount of time I've wasted played/chatted, it is far less that it appears!

Toni

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 27, 2008, 06:45:44 PM »
I rush around rescuing little creatures too.  I don't mind what they are.  The cats bring in little lizards and gekkos regularly and I usually mange to get them away and to safety before much damage has been done.  We have a fairly large wetland area near us and it is cut through by a motorway and housing areas (as always, the destruction of nature was less important.  I know it has to be, but it's sad!)  Unfortunately that all cuts trough the spring migration path of the Cape Leopard Toad.  The last few years caring people in the area have set up patrolles and literally take their own lives in their hands to pick up the little fellows and get them safely across the motorway.

Yikes, must go and shower.  Dentist appointment rushing up.  AAAAGH!!!

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 27, 2008, 08:43:02 PM »
Don't you just love the way dentists chat away and ask questions when your mouth is full of mirrors, sucking things, cottonwool pads and sundry instruments?

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 27, 2008, 08:46:37 PM »
NO!  >:D

greenone

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 27, 2008, 09:35:22 PM »
Ditto!!!

Toni

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 27, 2008, 10:37:39 PM »
I'm going through a dentist hating phase!  This whole problem arose a year ago when he did a root canal and broke a piece of the drill off in the root.  ("He" is a new dentist to me, my darling friend Ossie, who was my dentist as well as part of our group of friends, died.)  His reaction was along the lines of "Oh dear!  Well we'll just have to leave it and see what happens."  Well, last week an abscess happened. I think it was the most painful thing I've ever had.  Anyway, today the dear man says he's better pull it out. I said I was far from happy with that idea.  he then said he could try to remove the piece of drill, (the explanation of how was far from appealing!) but, in any case I would have to have something that sounded like liposuction around the root.  I didn't ask for clarity.  I said the wasn't a chance in hell I was doing that without a second opinion from someone I felt more confident with and shot out of there.  I shall quietly think about it all before I do anything else.  Meanwhile I feel like a dishrag after all the antibiotics I've had to swallow.

Well, sorry about loading all that on you guys, but I needed to!  Thanks!

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 27, 2008, 10:44:24 PM »
We can relate, toni -- everyone's got a similar horror story to tell -- fangs to dentists!  >:D

Toni

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 27, 2008, 10:46:46 PM »
Yeah!  May they all have to suffer their own medicine!  Well, some of them!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 27, 2008, 11:12:18 PM »
I can sympathise, Toni!  I once had an abscess on my gum and could have happily pulled my head off the pain was so excrutiating!  Childbirth was a doddle in comparison!  >:D

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 28, 2008, 12:26:38 AM »
I'm usually fairly good about the dentist, but I'm not looking forward to the gum surgery next week on Guy Fawkes Day.  One of the worst things is the preparation.  I'm not allowed any ginger or garlic for two weeks before.

Binkie

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 28, 2008, 08:27:16 AM »
Good heavens!  Why ever not ?