Author Topic: Threebee  (Read 226642 times)

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Threebee
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2007, 01:06:23 PM »
We usually manage to time-share quite well, and generally I've got it most of the time in the early morning and later evening hours. He usually works around that when he's home, but this was kind of an exception. I'm an early riser, and he sleeps in ... that is, on the days we don't have a lot of work. I work oddball days and hours anyway, and he teaches theater, so often, he is out with rehearsals at night during school -- which is starting this week, so we're always in a flux! Plus, he can use the computer at work.

Anyway, did you see my little chihuahua dancing under the other thread (word games) yet? It was a response to Alan's suggestion about Paris Hilton and her bagged dog, which he abandoned using in favor of another celebrity whom the younger forumites may not remember -- Jayne Mansfield, who died tragically in an auto accident. She was a Marilyn Monroe knock-off, but became pretty famous in her own time.

Anyway -- so let's dance!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2007, 01:10:47 PM »
I saw the clip you linked to.  I remember Jayne Mansfield but didn't connect her with chihuahuas.  The chihuahua I always think of is the one in the move Legally Blonde.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2007, 01:16:53 PM »
Good memory! I'd forgotten about the dog in that one!

Where'd everybody else go, R-M? There was such a flurry of posts and now, everyone's just laying back but you and I. I know anonsi's in my time zone, and you're one ahead. Binks is in the middle of the afternoon.

Haven't heard a peep from our Brit friends much at all today, even in the early morning, when they're up and at 'em. They must be off on their "holidays" which they seem to have for a solid month all over the country. If everyone's off on holiday, who's minding the stores?? When do the merchants get THEIR holidays, I wonder!

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2007, 01:21:18 PM »
Good question, threeb.  Maybe for them it is sort of like here, in that they have to take vacation in smaller chunks throughout the year.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2007, 01:22:10 PM »
Binkie said that it was lunchtime where she was.  I guess it's just a busy work day.  The Brits are probably all asleep by now, but it has been unusually quiet all day.

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2007, 01:28:03 PM »
So now that the Aussies are free to roam, it's getting near our bedtime. We're always fighting these darn time zones ... maybe we should campaign to have everyone in the world be in the same time zones! Wouldn't that be nuts? Half the world would be up all night trying to plow fields and do day-time activities in the dark ... going to the beach might be prohibitive as well... while the rest would be trying to sleep while the sun is up. There'd be even more chaos than there is already!  >:D

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2007, 01:33:23 PM »
At first I thought you meant that everyone should move so that they live in the same time zone.  That would be crazier yet!  I bet the environmentalists would enjoy it, as most of the world wouldn't have humans living on it!

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2007, 01:35:04 PM »
Yes, but think of the double-high/deep mounds of trash in the poor half everyone inhabited!!!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2007, 01:35:40 PM »
Chaotic for sure, since we are biologically programmed to be diurnal.  It seems to me that when we have the most diverse population in the forum is first thing in the morning here.  Then it is lunchtime in Britain, breakfast time here, and evening in Austalia.

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2007, 01:37:16 PM »
Well, I think I'm done for the night.  I have an early morning tomorrow, and I need my beauty sleep!

Great chatting with you ladies!

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2007, 01:42:52 PM »
You're right, R-M. If I manage to awaken at the unholy hour of 4 am, there are some vestiges of the Brits and Oz's online, but the rest of the US crowd's still abed. It's a good time to catch up on the game, read neglected e-mails and check news headlines. I'll usually turn on our local radio news channel and let it stream for updates off the internet. Between 6-8 a.m., there's another lull, and then the Oz's are asleep. Sometimes the Brits are back, and then EVERYONE disappears for a while. About an hour before the puzzle goes to the new one, sometimes the Brits are catching up, and right after they play a bit, they're gone. I really miss it sometimes when everyone really batting back and forth and just like tonight, by the time I get back in, only a handful are there.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2007, 01:43:23 PM »
Night, night, Anonsi!

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2007, 01:43:51 PM »
Ta-ta, as they say!  :angel:

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2007, 01:45:36 PM »
In the middle of the afternoon I often find that I am the only one online.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2007, 01:52:07 PM »
Your newspaper job sounds really interesting.  I could never do something like that, because I write really slowly.  One of my sisters works for a small town paper in Pennsylvania.