Author Topic: Player stats, 2021  (Read 1771 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Player stats, 2021
« on: January 07, 2022, 02:25:05 PM »
The Chihuahua player statistics have been updated to include all 2021 data.

In case you need reminding, you can see your stats when you are signed in to Chi by clicking the Details button under your player name (above the scoreboard) and then clicking "Player statistics" at the top right of the box that appears. Enjoy!
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Player stats, 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 08:51:59 AM »
Thank you again Alan for all your efforts. They are appreciated greatly and personally I like to see my progress (or not!) over time.
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

RL

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 09:23:51 AM »
Yes thank you Alan, do still have time to go to work or are you retired
lisa

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 01:12:26 PM »
I'm long retired, lisa. To be honest, I don't spend a massive amount of time running Chihuahua and the forum these days. I probably spend more time playing Chi.
Alan Walker

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 01:32:09 PM »
I'm long retired, lisa. To be honest, I don't spend a massive amount of time running Chihuahua and the forum these days. I probably spend more time playing Chi.

That's really good to hear Alan - I've often wondered how laborious the upkeep on the site might be...  ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 01:43:27 PM »
Of course if I responded to all ridethetalk's word suggestions it would be a very different situation.
Alan Walker

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 02:26:19 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 03:20:48 PM »
Of course if I responded to all ridethetalk's word suggestions it would be a very different situation.

:-P :-P :-P  :-R :-R :-R
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Morbius

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 06:12:09 PM »
I love the stats and the incentive they provide for improvement. 

Here's a suggestion for your consideration, Alan:

One of the stats categories is 'Largest Words' which measures the number of seed words you find.  Since Chi now differentiates between common and rare seed words on the scoreboard, it would be useful to also differentiate these in the stats.  Also, instead of measuring the number of seed words found per puzzle, I'd find it more informative to know the percentage of possible seed words I've found in both categories (common and rare) in the same way as we get a percentage for total words found and rosettes.

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2022, 08:09:28 PM »
Alan
you should never say that it is not much work to look after the site or we will all find even more alterations to suggest!!

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2022, 08:59:24 PM »
One of the stats categories is 'Largest Words' which measures the number of seed words you find.  Since Chi now differentiates between common and rare seed words on the scoreboard, it would be useful to also differentiate these in the stats.  Also, instead of measuring the number of seed words found per puzzle, I'd find it more informative to know the percentage of possible seed words I've found in both categories (common and rare) in the same way as we get a percentage for total words found and rosettes.

Sounds like a good idea, Morbius. From memory the reason I didn't include percentage of possible big words was because of the mixture of common and rare words: the statistic wouldn't be meaningful for a player who focused only on the common words. But if separate stats were maintained for common and rare all-letter words, each player could look at the figure(s) relevant to their way of playing.

I'll have a look at how feasible it is.
Alan Walker