Author Topic: How many hours…?  (Read 736 times)

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
How many hours…?
« on: November 26, 2021, 10:45:03 PM »
Alan - my husband just came up with a very interesting idea!!! I was just talking about needing one more word for a rosette (not looking good at this stage). And he said how long do you spend on this game, and I said it’s all about progress and I went to the player statistics and saw how much I’d improved in the five years I’d been playing, but my husband said “well you’d want to for all the time you have your nose in it,” and I thought maybe that would be a great addition to the statistics - either privately or for all, amount of time spent on each game. But I’ve suddenly realised I often stay logged in overnight or for hours, so that wouldn’t accurately reflect actual playing time. Oh well, he has good ideas sometimes!!
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: How many hours…?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 12:48:13 PM »
If the time from first to last word counted, I’d be horrified! I often leave a puzzle and find words pop into my head later… It’s like coming up with killer interview answers in the bath later, but  at least I can usually play the words!

Calilasseia

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Pass the dissection kit ...
    • View Profile
Re: How many hours…?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 03:30:42 PM »
I can usually reach "better" in around an hour on the three main puzzles, sometimes cutting this to 30 minutes if I'm really on a roll, but getting much past that milestone usually sees me grind to a halt pretty quickly.

To be fair, I have numerous other activities occupying my time, though, as some of my photos here reveal :)
Remember: if the world's bees disappear, we become extinct with them ...