Author Topic: Thursday 30 September 10-letter SWALLOWING puzzle  (Read 270 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Thursday 30 September 10-letter SWALLOWING puzzle
« on: October 01, 2021, 04:20:13 PM »
GALLOWS – I could make a joke about this but someone might accuse me of gallows humour… ;D ;D ;D (boom, tish)
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Morbius

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday 30 September 10-letter SWALLOWING puzzle
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 06:29:55 PM »
I was astonished that it wasn't accepted, though I note that gallow was allowed as a rare word.  Even so, I think gallows should be allowed as a common word.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 07:36:01 PM »
I concur with Moribus.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 07:49:49 PM »
If you look at the definition for gallow, you'll find that it means frighten or terrify so it's not the singular form. I believe this to be a separate word entirely...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)