Author Topic: Just for ANONSI-who deserves a subject just for her....  (Read 230821 times)

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
Re: Just for ANONSI-who deserves a subject just for her....
« Reply #750 on: January 15, 2008, 03:42:39 AM »
Hey T!

I'm actually not working from home today. Nor was I last Monday.  There's a part that needs to be fixed on my work laptop before I can work from home again.  Until the part comes in, I'm stuck working from the office. :(

I've been doing pretty well lately. The diet's pretty much shot, although I still make sure to get in plenty of fruits and vegetables.  And I got an exciting Christmas present from a friend this year....A juicer! Which means that I can have fresh orange juice whenever I want. I've used it lots of times since I got it...used it last night, in fact. Makes absolutely delicious orange juice.
http://www.target.com/Black-Decker-34-oz-Citrus-Juicer/dp/B000MIL25M/sr=1-2/qid=1200328672/ref=sr_1_2/601-2533383-3136133?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Ajuicer&page=1

I haven't gotten as much excercize as I'd like either, although I'm hoping I can make it to the gym tomorrow.

Although in the exact opposite spectrum....I went and saw a college friend this weekend, and we went out to dinner with a mutual friend at an Italian restaurant.  We split a bottle of champagne to go with dinner. It was so relaxing and was definitely an evening enjoyed by all.  It felt nice to splurge a little and have such fabulous food and drink. :)

I hope all is well with you.
:):):)

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 24, 2008, 01:20:34 AM »
So, you've been a bit quiet lately, anonsi! How goes it with the cold weather your way ... conditions calmed down a bit?

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 24, 2008, 06:26:10 AM »
Still cold, and still snowy, threeb! I can't wait until springtime comes and the little birds are cheeping and the flowers are blooming.  I've definitely had my fill of snow for the year! :)

The other day it was -5F outside. Without a windchill! Brr. Definitely not for me.  >:D

How are things going with you?  Still complaining because of mild temps and rain? :)

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 24, 2008, 10:02:31 AM »
We're at a steamy 45 degrees this afternoon, anonsi, so, yeah -- waaaah, waaaah, waaah!

This will take a cold turn tonight, though. I heard last weekend that temps went down to a record -34 degrees somewhere up in northern New England, so there's your global warming hard at work again!  ;)

Seriously, try to stay warm. Drink lots of soup and hot toddies, or whatever else you've got handy.

Do you use chains on your tires? Maybe that's old fashioned, but I remember Dad messing with those things and muttering under his breath when we'd get snowbound. I remember years ago, my Aunt writing to us from South Dakota that she and her husband had once been stuck in their house for 2 weeks because the snow had piled up all around their house practically to the roof, and it was nearly pitch black inside except for the upstairs windows! I'll never forget hearing about that. 

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 24, 2008, 09:28:51 PM »
That sounds like my idea of complete hell....
Bring on the fire and brimstone i say!! at least it's warm... >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 24, 2008, 10:47:11 PM »
We did -- the fireplace was stoked and ready by dinner time. This morning -- cold, windy AND wet! A lovely 34 degrees ... Ughh. I'm staying home.  >:D

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 25, 2008, 06:57:40 AM »
Nope, I don't use chains on my tires. I just drive with common sense. :)

So today it was -11F without windchill and -23F with. Brrr.  Like T says, bring on the fire and the brimstone!  >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 25, 2008, 10:56:39 AM »
How nice (Ugh!) for you. anonsi -- yikes, you guys are really going Alaska! Our temps are not even close, and we're burning firewood like CRAZY! (... global warming? I heard it was snowing in California even... hmmm)

And common sense -- wow -- someone still uses it? What a concept! Thank goodness -- I thought that went the way of the dodo and Harry Truman!  :angel:

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 30, 2008, 01:07:06 AM »
I'll be off in a bit, but good to hear from you today -- and I do apologize for ruining your breakfast!  :'(

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 30, 2008, 01:08:08 AM »
Just typical ... you're sloping off just as I arrive back!  Am in a huff now!  >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 30, 2008, 01:10:36 AM »
Hopping in the shower, mate. Back in a few, for just a few!  >:(

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 30, 2008, 01:11:46 AM »
Don't slip on the soap!  >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 30, 2008, 01:26:10 AM »
No worries, I'm safe and sound!  >:D

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 30, 2008, 01:28:12 AM »
Phew!  I can breathe easily again!  >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 30, 2008, 01:36:50 AM »
I knew you cared!  :-* Live to see another day!