Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131624 times)

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #3855 on: January 13, 2024, 06:11:11 PM »
I dropped the baton in the RELAY

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: January 14, 2024, 06:16:59 AM »
I had the extra incentive of the FEARLESSLY game being  my 200th consecutive Maven in the 7bymany.

The player stats for Dec 2023 show me in 2nd place, well done  Carol (2Dognight )
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: January 14, 2024, 10:22:47 AM »
I rarely exercise vigorously without needing a referral to a good physical therapist.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: January 14, 2024, 03:53:37 PM »
A cautionary tale: crime does not pay

Besiege the bobbies, Biggie said,
And take their weapons or leave them dead.
The heist will make us all rich,
And leave the coppers in a ditch.

But as the days went by, we grew
Groggier, and our thoughts less true.
More bobbies came, they took us in,
claimed our robberies were a sin.

The siege was over, we were done,
Our freedom lost; our future gone.
The bribes we offered, they turned us down,
And soon we found ourselves left to drown.

We paid the price, we did the time,
And now we're left to pay the fine.
We learned our lesson, hard and true,
And hope that you will learn it too.
Regards, Jack

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #3859 on: January 14, 2024, 08:43:11 PM »

A cautionary tale: crime does not pay

Besiege the bobbies, Biggie said,
And take their weapons or leave them dead.....

:-) :-) :-)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: January 15, 2024, 01:59:13 PM »
How sure must I be before doubts no longer besiege me?

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: January 15, 2024, 03:40:51 PM »
Surely I'm not old enough to know about fiche:-R And if I was, I wouldn't have used the abbreviated form of the word!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3862 on: January 15, 2024, 03:43:00 PM »
Sorry, I’ve been badly distracted by my building plans – I don’t think I even participated the day before yesterday, let alone doing a round-up… :P :P :P

Today’s twenty two common word puzzle produced a plethora of rosetteers with 2dognight starting the ball rolling for our 7beamers with blackrockrose, vizal, rogue_mother, Roddles, doxydaisy and ozzys June, mAndias and Jack all having the wherewithal to find all twenty two! Nicely done!!! 👏👏👏

Only somewhat less able were auntiemo and dragonman who, with twenty one today, deserve some congratulations at least on being rosettenears…

With a score of a score Jancsika and Maudland prepared to dance to a score by climbing into their matching ballerina costumes as they were two two short…

Nineteen commons saw yelnats join the fray with just three words missing from his list while I was one behind him with eighteen and whisky was two on seventeen… Whether it MESHES with your sensibilities or not, calling people CISSIES or SISSIES is a pejorative term and one an EMCEE should avoid at all costs…

With a baker’s dozen to his credit, aka53 was next while Scouser1952 found the seed word and scarpered off…

With a grand total of just forty four words for mavenhood we had just three, rogue_mother*, dragonman and 2dognight* able to get there… Well done you!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: January 16, 2024, 03:31:20 PM »
Am I guilty of Sensuousness, the quality of being sensuous, because I get more pleasure through gratification of the physical senses, e.g. eating and drinking, rather than pleasing the mind or the intelligence through the setting of rebuses? That's nonsense.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 05:39:47 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: January 16, 2024, 03:40:06 PM »
Well I wouldn't be overthinking it....enjoy the food and drink! And set our rebuses later  ;)
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: January 16, 2024, 04:16:30 PM »
I like your thinking.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3866 on: January 16, 2024, 04:37:04 PM »
There were many 7beamer sojourners who also became rosetteers in today’s twenty five common word puzzle starting with 2dognight, with ozzys mAndias and June, auntiemo, Roddles and doxydaisy following on behind… Well done each and every one of you!!! 👏👏👏

Meanwhile, yelnats, Jancsika and rogue_mother, with two dozen commons each, will have to make do with being rosettenears…

I was joined by blackrockrose, dragonman and Maudland on twenty three commons found making all three of us two short… People always found his presentations ONEROUS because of the SONOROUS nature of his voice…

Finding himself all alone on twenty two commons puts ozzyjack on three off the mark whether he has an overabundance of sensuousness or not - of course that overabundance may be of little use to him since he's all alone there!!! 😉😉😉

With a score of a score we have both whisky and Scouser1952 – just as well it isn’t Souser1952 or we might have to break out the breathalyser because of the company he’s keeping… 😉😉😉

Next, with eighteen commons, was vizal followed ever so closely by aka53 on seventeen to complete the troupe…

Mavenhood requested the finding of forty four or more words with rogue_mother, ozzymAndias*, dragonman and 2dognight* all answering that call successfully… Nice work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: January 17, 2024, 12:43:37 AM »
The JOURNO triggered all my NEUROSES, so I was too agitated to get a rosette.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: January 17, 2024, 09:32:09 AM »
Journo. Is that even a real word???

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3869 on: January 17, 2024, 03:27:43 PM »
The target of common words today was forty seven and those in the 7beamers club who found each and every one of them were dragonman, Maudland, ozzys June, Jack and mAndias and auntiemo to become rosetteers… Well done all of you!!! 👏👏👏

Frustrated I’m no doubt sure were our rosettenears doxydaisy and 2dognight who each had forty six commons – was it the same word that stopped you at that final hurdle???

Roddles was all on his lonesome as a star on forty five yet still he finds himself two short…

Jancsika was next on forty four to be three off the pace while yelnats had forty three and rogue_mother forty one…

With a score of two score, blackrockrose joins the party while vizal was four further back on thirty six…

Recording a tally of thirty three was aka53 with whisky a few further back on twenty nine while I had two dozen only – I’m not going to take the time to sentencise them… (that was for Alan’s benefit… 😉😉😉

Scouser1952 found the seed word and scarpered off pronto…

Mavenhood begins at eighty seven words with ozzymAndias*, rogue_mother, ozzyjack*and dragonman* all managing to accrue at least that number… Awesome effort!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉