Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131628 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #3795 on: January 02, 2024, 04:02:34 PM »
Congratulations to all those who got to be twenty one today as you’re also rosetteers; this means you 2dognight, auntiemo, ozzyjune, Jancsika, dragonman, rogue_mother, Roddles and ME!!! Well done!!! 👏👏👏

Not so lucky were our rosettenears ozzyjack and Maudland who had a score of a score leaving them just one common word off that rosette…

Breaking out their ballerina gear for the first time this year, we have yelnats and blackrockrose who, with nineteen commons each, were two two short…

Just one word behind them on eighteen we have Scouser1952 making him three off the mark while a couple of commons behind him we find vizal and aka53 with sweet sixteen and whisky had a baker’s dozen… MIA was doxydaisy…

Not satisfied with a maven score, 2dognight* pushed through for Cham 🤩🤩🤩 while dragonman* was the only other 7beamer to crack the thirty one word threshold for mavenhood… 😎😎😎 Both of them scored the double!!! 🎉🎉🎉[/size]
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: January 02, 2024, 04:12:43 PM »
Thanks! Yes I also managed to get no mistakes and no rare words so as far as 2024 is concerned, the only way is down  :-Y

Happy New Year everyone!

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: January 03, 2024, 11:07:59 AM »
Maudland will be pleased again today… Twenty two commons were required with auntiemo, 2dognight, dragonman, Roddles and the aforementioned Maudland finding them all and becoming rosetteers forthwith… Good work!!! 👏👏👏

Congratulations to whisky and ozzyjune who were twenty one today, missed out on a rosette (just) but became rosettenears instead…

Climbing into their ballerina gear, with a score of a score, we have Jancsika and ozzyjack being two two short while just one behind them, on nineteen, we find doxydaisy and rogue_mother which put them three off the pace…

Next we have yelnats on eighteen being given a hurry-up by blackrockrose and aka53 on seventeen who were, in turn, being chased down by vizal on sweet sixteen…

Now it comes to me on an even dozen while Scouser1952 found seven… The MINION, while trying to MINIMIZE the fumes from cutting an ONION, decided it was not ECONOMIC to MIMIC the NOMINEE and use an IONIC generator to help to IONIZE the air around the offending vegetable to keep to a MINIM the use of a MNEMONIC…

Passing through that delightful prime number (thirty seven) in word count will allow you to achieve mavenhood and will put you amongst the likes of dragonman*, 2dognight* and rogue_mother… 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉

Not just me - I was with my sister and she was very impressed by your wordsmithery too 🤠

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: January 03, 2024, 11:09:11 AM »
I was disappointed that Jack didn’t want to ELOPE.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3799 on: January 03, 2024, 03:19:03 PM »
Just a dozen rosetteers overall with four of them being 7beamers – well done 2dognight, Jancsika, Maudland and ozzyjune for finding all forty nine common words!!! 👏👏👏

To wind up with a rosettenear after finding forty eight commons must have hurt Roddles – which singular word was the fly in your ointment???

Four 7beamers found forty seven commons – auntiemo, dragonman, rogue_mother and ozzyjack – which means all four of them are two short…

With forty six commons found, I was alone amongst the 7beamers in being three off the mark!!! The EMCEE, with a prediction of the IMMINENCE of an attack, was unsurprised to see his NEMESIS enter the room…

As a star on forty five, yelnats was just one behind me while blackrockrose was just one behind him on forty four and was given a hurry up by vizal on forty three…

Next cab off the rank was aka53 with thirty nine followed by whisky on thirty three while Scouser1952 scored fifteen and doxydaisy was MIA…

Eighty nine words marked the transition to mavenhood with rogue_mother, dragonman and 2dognight* making that transition look easy… Great work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity which goes to Carol alone amongst the 7beamers... 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: January 03, 2024, 03:47:37 PM »
The seismic activity in Japan was so intense that it caused the penne on the plate to shake uncontrollably.
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: January 03, 2024, 06:12:52 PM »
I'll try to minimise my disappointment, knowing that Ozzyjack also missed penne.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: January 04, 2024, 02:08:34 AM »
I'll try to minimise my disappointment, knowing that Ozzyjack also missed penne.

How could I be disappointed when auntiemo and I are wearing matching tutus?
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: January 04, 2024, 03:47:25 AM »
SENESCENSE is the reason I missed PINNIES
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: January 04, 2024, 03:21:03 PM »
I failed to see the apiary limply hanging on the tree branch, and that the papaya fruit was ripe and ready to be picked.”
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3805 on: January 04, 2024, 05:06:20 PM »
With a target of two dozen common words, half a dozen 7beamers hit the bullseye (2dognight, auntiemo, dragonman, rogue_mother, Roddles and ozzyjune) to become rosetteers… Nicely done!!! 👏👏👏

Meanwhile, blackrockrose and Maudland will be kicking themselves about now having missed a rosette by a single common word – at least, with twenty three commons apiece, they become rosettenears…

Jancsika finds himself all alone on twenty two which makes him not just lonely but also two short…

I was joined by aka53 and ozzyjack in deserving of congratulations since we’re all twenty one today putting the three of us three off the mark… I wonder if an IMPALA can jump high enough to harvest a PAPAYA from its tree and whether they about in PALMY environments…

With a score of a score yelnats tried to give us a hurry-up while himself being hurried along by vizal on nineteen…

Next was Scouser1952 on fourteen with whisky close behind on thirteen whilst doxydaisy was again MIA…

Forty three is where the bar for mavenhood was set and clearing that bar in a trot we have rogue_mother*, dragonman* and 2dognight* with all three scoring the double in the process… Awesome work!!! 😎😎😎 🎉🎉🎉

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: January 05, 2024, 10:46:50 AM »
Does it count if I woke up thinking ‘APIARY’ but the puzzle had closed? Bah!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3807 on: January 05, 2024, 11:00:13 AM »
Been there, done that! Alan lives in our heads, rent free...  >:D >:D >:D

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3808 on: January 05, 2024, 03:31:08 PM »
With a score just one word shy of two score commons, just fifteen rosetteers were awarded overall with two of them (2dognight and ozzyjune) being 7beamers… Well done folks!!! 👏👏👏

There were three 7beamers, dragonman, Roddles and blackrockrose, who fell just one common word short of a rosette and so, with thirty eight commons in the kitbags, they become rosettenears…

Alone on thirty seven we find ozzyjack who became two short all of a sudden while, one further back on thirty six, auntiemo, Jancsika and rogue_mother were trying to push him forward…

Next, on thirty five we find yelnats who was followed ever so closely by vizal and Maudland on thirty four while I was a couple further back on thirty two… During the FESTIVITIES the RESERVIST dabbed his lips with his SERVIETTE while having a REVERIE about how the VERSIFIER VERSIFIES while trying to make sure he doesn’t need to REVISE any of the stanzas…

Clocking on at thirty, we have whisky to be followed by Scouser1952 and aka53 with doxydaisy again MIA…

Maintaining his unbroken series of maven scores, dragonman was joined in the heady heights above sixty four words by 2dognight* and rogue_mother with ozzyjack falling just one word short of mavenhood… Good job all 😎😎😎 especially Carol who scored the double!!! 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: January 05, 2024, 04:10:06 PM »
If a versifier versifies, is it a vivifier who vivifies?
Redlands , Queensland, Australia