Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131605 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #3675 on: November 23, 2023, 03:40:41 PM »
Well, it doesn’t happen very often but it happened today – with thirty nine common words to find, no 7beamer became a rosetteer with only twelve awarded out of three hundred and thirty three players… 😯😯😯

More luck was had with rosettenears as doxydaisy, dragonman, Roddles, Maudland and ozzys Jack and June all found thirty eight commons…

Just one common word behind them was 2dognight who had that most marvellous of prime numbers: thirty seven…

Meanwhile Jancsika, yours truly and auntiemo scored three dozen while blackrockrose was another couple of words back on thirty four… Is it OK to have EGGNOG in the FORENOON in the GREENROOM???

Thirty two commons brought yelnats to the fore with vizal hot on his tail on thirty one and whisky, aka53, rogue_mother and Scouser1952 rounding out the scorecard…

Mavenhood starts at sixty nine with ozzyjack and dragonman our only recipients today… Nicely done!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: November 23, 2023, 03:48:58 PM »
Of course it's okay to have eggnog in the greenroom, but only if you understand it's genome before you do !
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: November 24, 2023, 02:53:24 AM »
I will not REFER to my missing word.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: November 24, 2023, 07:38:47 AM »
Waited in the greenroom too long to get a rosette.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: November 24, 2023, 09:46:39 AM »
Spent too much time chatting with Roddles in the GREENROOM.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: November 24, 2023, 09:46:59 AM »
I will not REFER to my missing word.

Ouch!!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3681 on: November 24, 2023, 03:31:42 PM »
Two dozen commons will bring you a rosette as our rosetteers 2dognight, auntiemo, doxydaisy, dragonman, Jancsika, Roddles, Maudland and ozzys June and Jack know only too well… great work!!! 👏👏👏

Meanwhile, if twenty three commons is your thing, like rogue_mother, blackrockrose and yours truly, then you’ll join the rosettenears club… My STYLIST tells me that baldness is something I won’t need to be concerned about…

Congrats to yelnats and vizal for having twenty one today making them three off the mark while aka53 found nineteen, aka53 unearthed fourteen and Scouser1952 found all three common seed words before skedaddling…

The breakpoint for mavenhood was thirty five with dragonman*, doxydaisy*, rogue_mother, ozzyjack*, 2dognight*, auntiemo* and ozzyjune* all breaking through that barrier… Nicely done!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3682 on: November 25, 2023, 04:02:01 PM »
Just fifteen rosettes today in this forty one common word puzzle with four being 7beamers… Well done auntiemo, 2dognight and ozzys Jack and June!!!

With a score of two score, Roddles was just one word short of a rosette and so becomes a rosettenear…

With thirty nine commons, blackrockrose, Jancsika and doxydaisy all found themselves two short while dragonman, with thirty eight, was three commons off the mark…

Meanwhile yelnats was a further common word back on that great prime number – thirty seven – to be closely followed by yours truly and Maudland on thirty six… It was perhaps the ICIEST INSTINCT of my NICEST NIECE to INCISE her initials into the ancient oak…

Next, on thirty three, we find vizal and he was followed by aka53, whisky, rogue_mother and Scouser1952…

You needed three score and ten words to achieve mavenhood with dragonman, ozzyjack* and 2dognight* doing what need to be done for this achievement… Good work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: November 25, 2023, 04:29:44 PM »
On this occasion my sentience didn't help me.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #3684 on: November 25, 2023, 05:42:03 PM »
I was lacking in the niceties and necessities required to score a rosette.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3685 on: November 26, 2023, 05:22:25 PM »
Thirty common words was the challenge which was taken up with gusto by our rosetteers 2dognight, rogue_mother, Roddles, doxydaisy, yours truly and ozzys June and Jack… Good work!!! 👏👏👏

Four of our number were two short, yelnats, dragonman, Maudland and Jancsika having found twenty eight commons – does that make them collectively eight short???

Another two back, on twenty six, were auntiemo and blackrockrose while aka53 found twenty two, vizal gets congrats for being twenty one today, whisky had a score of a score and Scouser1952 was sweet sixteen…

Forty seven was your target if you were aiming for mavenhood with rogue_mother*, dragonman, 2dognight* and ozzyjack* all hitting the bullseye… Nicely done!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: November 26, 2023, 09:55:56 PM »
When I found a yoghurt that was HALAL but not vegetarian, I threw a BABYISH tantrum.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: November 26, 2023, 11:16:35 PM »
After the sahib had rewritten the syllabi,  he allowed himself time for a quick sashay around the dance floor before going to the timber merchants to purchase some balsa wood for his next hobby project. He led a very full and varied life!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3688 on: November 27, 2023, 09:02:46 AM »
After the sahib had rewritten the syllabi,  he allowed himself time for a quick sashay around the dance floor before going to the timber merchants to purchase some balsa wood for his next hobby project. He led a very full and varied life!

👏👏👏

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3689 on: November 27, 2023, 03:36:47 PM »
Two score and four commons awaited us today and 2dognight, auntiemo, dragonman, Roddles, Maudland, doxydaisy and ozzys June and Jack found them all to become rosetteers… Great work!!! 👏👏👏

Meanwhile blackrockrose, vizal and yours truly fell at the last hurdle with twenty three commons found and walked away with rosettenears instead… My final word entered the language CIRCA 1860…

Donning their ballerina kit were Jancsika and Scouser1952 who, with twenty two commons unearthed, found themselves two two short…

On a score of a score we have aka53 and rogue_mother which makes them four off the pace while, just one word behind them on nineteen we have yelnats…

With a baker’s dozen we find whisky which rounds out our contributions…

Mavenhood was achieved by only dragonman* and 2dognight* who managed to break the threshold of forty nine words… Excellent job especially as you both scored the double!!! 😎😎😎 🎉🎉🎉