Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131604 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #3600 on: November 01, 2023, 03:08:44 PM »
I now say Romanis and avoid the use of the word gipsies. Pity
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3601 on: November 01, 2023, 03:26:18 PM »
Yet another handful of 7beamers were rosetteers having found all thirty four common words – kudos to 2dognight, Roddles, auntiemo, dragonman and doxydaisy!!! 👏👏👏

Almost getting there, with thirty three commons, we have our rosettenears rogue_mother, Maudland and ozzyjune…

Meanwhile yelnats found thirty one commons putting him three off the mark while I joined whisky, vizal and ozzyjack on thirty… Because they like their harassing GOOIER, the GIPSIES decided to lay SIEGE to the PIGGERIES…

A word further back was Jancsika on twenty nine while aka53 could be found with twenty six with Scouser1952 rounding out our coterie…

With the bar set at fifty nine for mavenhood, only 2dognight*, dragonman* and rogue_mother made the leap over it… Good job!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: November 02, 2023, 01:01:49 AM »
My fingers were gooier from eating leftover Halloween candy, but my word list wasn't; so, no rosette for me.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: November 02, 2023, 10:22:46 AM »
I lacked the intellectual RIGOR to win a rosette.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: November 02, 2023, 03:11:21 PM »
If I had looked in a mirror, I might have got craggy.
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: November 02, 2023, 03:20:35 PM »
There were worse words in that puzzle to get whilst looking in a mirror  :D :D
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3606 on: November 02, 2023, 03:27:58 PM »
A very large handful (seven) of 7beamers became rosetteers by finding all thirty common words – good work 2dognight, auntiemo, dragonman, rogue_mother, Maudland, ozzyjune and Roddles!!! 👏👏👏

With twenty nine of those thirty commons, doxydaisy and ozzyjack will have to make do with being rosettenears…

Meanwhile, vizal found himself two short on twenty eight while I was joined on twenty seven by Jancsika making both of us three off the mark… I was going to glaze the CARCASS with some SALSA but there seemed to be an ALGAL growth on it… 😯😯😯

A single word behind us were yelnats and aka53 with whisky and Scouser1952 a few behind them to round out the crew…

With a score in excess of forty four (i.e. forty five or more) you will join ozzyjack, dragonman*, doxydaisy, 2dognight*, rogue_mother*, auntiemo* and ozzyjune* in your mavenhood… Well done!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3607 on: November 02, 2023, 10:02:38 PM »
Heads-up all: I'm going to be away for a week bushwalking so will probably have little to no internet coverage. I'll keep doing the puzzles but my results will probably take awhile to sync.  ??? ??? ???

Good luck to everyone in the 7bm...  :-C :-C :-C

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: November 03, 2023, 12:56:53 AM »
Have a great time.
Will your trip include bush tucker ?
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: November 03, 2023, 02:52:04 AM »
Have a fabulous time!

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: November 03, 2023, 03:11:59 PM »
Does anyone know if a good latte would help to titillate the literati ? If so, I might get a rosette for my efforts!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

aka53

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Question
« Reply #3611 on: November 03, 2023, 03:36:32 PM »
Where are you walking?  Seems you're in Victoria - are you walking there, or interstate?

I was a walk leader for the two clubs I belong to.  Unfortunately, a knee injury has slowed me down.  I'm hoping to get back into it over the summer.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3612 on: November 03, 2023, 08:21:08 PM »
Okay, here goes...

At a rural retreat, the ordained laureate, wearing laurel as a tiara, sang alleluia from the altar and had to iterate and reiterate that, to retaliate against the tearier retailer, would irritate the tattler and alert them they need to alter the errata and make the prose tauter, and ultra aerate the latte to produce a treat that will titillate even someone with the trait of rattier attire...

Thanks must go to Sue who convinced me to do that... ...or not!!!

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: November 04, 2023, 11:01:23 AM »
I have to say, I’m pretty glad John and auntiemo didn’t get rosettes! 👏🏻👏🏻

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: November 04, 2023, 11:03:59 AM »
Haven’t seen blackrockrose for a while - did I miss a message? Hoping everything’s ok.