Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131629 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #3495 on: October 04, 2023, 03:32:28 PM »
A tough sixty common word puzzle today with only six rosetteers from three hundred and eleven players and only ozzyjune managing to get in that list from the 7beamers… Awesome job June!!! 👏👏👏

Just missing out on that rosette, but still managing to find fifty nine common words, were our rosettenears dragonman and ozzyjack…

A further word back, and making herself two short by far, was 2dognight on fifty eight commons uncovered…

Another common word in arrears sees Jancsika appear on fifty seven making him three off the mark and he was closely followed by doxydaisy and rogue_mother on fifty six…

With fifty three commons to her name, blackrockrose was next cab off the rank while I managed to clock up fifty one commons… (Too many to document, I’m afraid!)

Following on behind me we have vizal on forty nine and who is probably happy that he didn’t have sclerosis

Meanwhile, yelnats had the answer to life, the universe and everything, whisky got stuck on that serendipitous prime number, thirty seven, and joins vizal in avoiding sclerosis and auntiemo on thirty six…

The fate that vizal and whisky dodged aka53 was unable to avoid as he uncovered twenty eight commons while another word back on twenty seven saw Scouser1952 join the party… Maudland and Roddles were MIA…

With a gigantic total of one hundred and one words needed for mavenhood, rogue_mother and dragonman were the only 7beamers able to rustle up the tally for that particular achievement… Great work!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: October 05, 2023, 12:33:38 PM »
Even though I didn't have sclerosis, the sorcerer wouldn't let me recross the bridge. Perhaps he thought that the sirocco would blow me over.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3497 on: October 05, 2023, 03:54:55 PM »
Two dozen commons will garner you a rosette with our rosetteers being 2dognight, Maudland, dragonman, Roddles and ozzys June and Jack… Nicely done!!! 👏👏👏

Meanwhile twenty three commons got doxydaisy a rosettenear…

I was joined by rogue_mother and yelnats on twenty two commons which made all three of us two short… When visiting the hairdresser, I saw a range of spiky brushes that seemed to MIMIC CACTI…

Congratulations go to blackrockrose and Jancsika who, on twenty one today, found themselves three off the mark…

Next was auntiemo with nineteen commons while vizal was sweet sixteen, four ahead of Scouser1952 on an even dozen with aka53 on nine and whisky a further common back on eight…

A target of fifty eight for mavenhood saw just three 7beamers qualify for this prestigious award – well done dragonman*, rogue_mother and 2dognight*!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: October 05, 2023, 08:40:02 PM »
The AROMATIC game was my 100th consecutive Maven, my highest run so far, sadly not all accompanied with a Rosette.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3499 on: October 06, 2023, 09:29:21 AM »
WOW! Gareth, what an achievement!!! 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: October 06, 2023, 11:08:53 AM »
WOW! Gareth, what an achievement!!! 🎉🎉🎉
I am in awe. Mavens are not my thing, but that is very impressive 👏.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: October 06, 2023, 11:10:02 AM »
Cor, that’s an impressive achievement! 🏆👏🏻

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3502 on: October 06, 2023, 03:28:08 PM »
With two commons to go I eventually saw natal, which led me to antenatal, and with that it was my turn to lead off the 7beamers who were rosetteers with all forty three common words found and I was joined there by dragonman, auntiemo, doxydaisy, blackrockrose and ozzys June and Jack… Great work!!! 👏👏👏

Having the answer to life, the universe and everything will only have 2dognight and Roddles become rosettenears…

All alone on forty one we find Maudland who was two short by half…

On four off the mark, thirty nine, we have rogue_mother with Jancsika in hot pursuit on thirty eight…

We then have yelnats making a “long play” on thirty three while whisky was giving him the “hurry-up” on thirty two and who, in turn, was closely followed by vizal who had his own shadow in the form of aka53 on thirty…

To round out our coterie we have Scouser1952 on twenty five…

Mavenhood attached to all those with seventy three or over words total with ozzyjack*, rogue_mother and dragonman* having this honour amongst the 7beamer crew… Awesome work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉

aka53

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Perhaps . . .
« Reply #3503 on: October 06, 2023, 07:18:30 PM »
. . . CAMINO could be considered to be in the same league as other words from foreign languages that have attained sufficient English usage to qualify as Chihuahua-able?

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: October 06, 2023, 10:26:45 PM »
I’m not being a TELLTALE when I admit that CETACEAN is one of those words I never get.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Perhaps . . .
« Reply #3505 on: October 06, 2023, 10:29:30 PM »
. . .
Please don’t suggest words from current puzzles; wait till they’ve closed.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 10:55:32 PM by Maudland »

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: October 07, 2023, 02:40:35 PM »
Not a good day for the rogue. She never, ever seems to perceive antenatal with her antenna, no matter how many times it appears in the solution set. Perhaps she should have multiple antennae? At least then she might recognize a catcall when it was issued in her direction.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3507 on: October 07, 2023, 03:16:06 PM »
A fairly high common word total of fifty three words, with FIVE common seed words, led to just one 7beamer becoming a rosetteer – nicely done dragonman!!! 👏👏👏

We managed to double that number as rosettenears with both Jancsika and Roddles finding fifty two of those fifty three…

Almost all the people with fifty one commons were 7beamers with 2dognight, Maudland, ozzys June and Jack, rogue_mother, doxydaisy and auntiemo all becoming two short as a result…

Scoring an even half century was blackrockrose putting her three off the mark and she was closely followed by me on forty nine… In the ATTIC, the MIMIC wondered about the CONNOTATION of a lack of NIACIN in their diet…

Next, on forty three, we have yelnats and whisky while vizal was another two back on forty one with aka53 a further two behind him on thirty nine and Scouser1952 rounding out the 7beamers crew on thirty one commons uncovered…

Ninety four words is the threshold for mavenhood with ozzyjack, rogue_mother, doxydaisy and dragonman* all crossing that threshold… Good work 😎😎😎 especially Gareth who had double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: October 07, 2023, 04:39:23 PM »
Yes, well, I was too short to get concomitant and toccata.
And I'll probably be too short for them should they ever appear again!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #3509 on: October 07, 2023, 05:02:34 PM »
Trying to mimic catatonia was an anatomic step too far for me.