Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130987 times)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #3075 on: June 07, 2023, 03:24:10 PM »
I'm assigning my poor showing to having had a bad day!  I admit to sassing the assassin but I also couldn't find the right insignia to assign to my submission. I'll try to do better today ;)
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3076 on: June 07, 2023, 03:49:58 PM »
With the thirty two common words firmly held in her kitbag, rogue_mother was our sole swanking rosetteer – well done, rogue!!! 👏👏👏

Almost making those lofty heights, and with thirty one common words extracted, we have blackrockrose, ozzyjune, 2dognight, vizal, yelnats, dragonman, Roddles, ozzymAndias and ozzyjack who receive the runners-up prize of rosettenears…

Donning their ballerina gear we have two two short players in Jancsika and Maudland…

I was next on twenty nine commons and three words short of a rosette… The papal ASSASSIN was seen to be GANGING up on anyone wearing the INSIGNIA of Richard the Lionheart…

A couple of words further back we find auntiemo on twenty seven while Scouser1952 quickly found the seed word and scarpered…

Only two of our number were able to meet the threshold of forty seven words for mavenhood – great work dragonman and rogue_mother*!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity the province of rogue alone... 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: June 07, 2023, 06:39:04 PM »
I couldn't find any insignia either and I'm awing those who did.

(Actually, I'd never come across "awing" before. In fact when I read it originally I thought it must be the avian equivalent of "afoot" and would have pronounced it accordingly  ;D )

« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 06:42:46 PM by jancsika »

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: June 08, 2023, 10:16:11 AM »
I got a rude AWAKING when I realised I hadn’t played it, and that I’d missed INSIGNIA too.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3079 on: June 08, 2023, 02:22:02 PM »
A score of two score common words saw six of our coterie score a rosette – those 7beamers were rogue_mother, blackrockrose, dragonman, Roddles and ozzys Jack and June… Fine work!!! 👏👏👏

No rosettenears but 2dognight was two short on thirty eight while auntiemo, yours truly and Maudland were stuck on thirty seven, three off the mark… The OCTET played a stirring requiem for the DECEDENT in his, now vacant, CONDO…

Next came Jancsika and ozzymAndias on thirty six followed by vizal on thirty four, yelnats on thirty three and with Scouser1952 MIA…

A word count of fifty two will reward you with your mavenhood, a fact not unlost upon ozzyjack*, rogue_mother*, ozzymAndias, yours truly, 2dognight, blackrockrose* and dragonman*… Good job all!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3080 on: June 09, 2023, 02:08:29 PM »
Lots of congratulations to get through today with twenty one common words in the offing and rosetteers aplenty – great work auntiemo, blackrockrose, 2dognight, ozzyjack, Scouser1952, dragonman, ozzyjune, yelnats, Roddles, yours truly and rogue_mother!!! 👏👏👏

Missing out on a rosette by the smallest of margins and with a score of a score we have Maudland…

Hungarian John (Jancsika) found nineteen commons which must have put him in a dark mood as he appeared two short…

Next, on seventeen and four off the mark, were ozzymAndias and vizal…

A grand total of twenty seven words will get you a maven score with mavenhood awarded to ozzyjack*, rogue_mother*, ozzyjune*, Roddles*, yours truly*, blackrockrose*, 2dognight*, dragonman*, yelnats*, auntiemo*, vizal, ozzymAndias and Maudland!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: June 09, 2023, 04:52:23 PM »
That bellboy is a bit of a yobbo if you ask me...

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: June 10, 2023, 09:20:59 AM »
That bellboy is a bit of a yobbo if you ask me...

I agree - who needs a BELLBOY anyway?

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: June 10, 2023, 09:22:36 AM »
I wonder if there will ever be a puzzle where everyone in the 7beamer club gets a rosette? It’s been close a couple of times!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3084 on: June 10, 2023, 02:55:46 PM »
Six of our coterie became rosetteers today: 2dognight, Roddles, ozzyjune, Maudland, ozzyjack and rogue_mother all had the wherewithal to find the thirty five common words – well done each and every one of you!!! 👏👏👏

As rosettenears, dragonman and auntiemo, with thirty four of those commons, must be kicking themselves about now about that final word that stymied their ambitions…

Meanwhile blackrockrose, yelnats and Jancsika “recorded” thirty three commons making them just two short to get a rosette…

With thirty two commons to my name, I found myself three words off the pace… Having won the LOTTO, the Irishman fancied his chances with the pretty young COLLEEN playing the CELLO…

Next, on thirty one commons, we have ozzymAndias closely followed by vizal on thirty and then Scouser1952 on twenty three…

A score of three score is where you’ll need to be to get yourself mavenhood today, with 2dognight*, rogue_mother*, dragonman and ozzyjack* the skilled few managing this today… 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #3085 on: June 10, 2023, 03:20:19 PM »
I failed to enrol for a rosette. I didn't enroll either.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: June 10, 2023, 07:57:19 PM »
Apparently I was totally out of control and didn't deserve a rosette!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3087 on: June 11, 2023, 03:30:06 PM »
Leading off the 7beamers as rosetteers today, with all forty common words unveiled, was Roddles followed by rogue_mother and ozzys June and Jack – great work all!!! 👏👏👏

Scraping in just behind them, with thirty nine commons extracted and scoring rosettenears for their troubles, were 2dognight, Maudland and ozzymAndias…

Next, on thirty seven and three off the mark, were blackrockrose and auntiemo followed by Jancsika on thirty six and yelnats on thirty five…

I managed to find thirty one common words while COCOONed, some would say OBSESSed, in the OBSCENEST goings on in the USA around their erstwhile president who OBSESSES over secret documents while ENSCONCEd with food from MacDonalds while he tries to CONCOCT a way to be in ONENESS with the seediest, extreme elements of society… (And CONNOTE and OCTET!!!)

On twenty seven we have vizal while Scouser1952 scored fourteen while dragonman was MIA…

Seventy three words total will earn you your mavenhood with just rogue_mother* and ozzyjack* doing so while both scoring the double!!! Nice work!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: June 12, 2023, 02:02:35 PM »
Adios, I wasn’t sassy enough to lasso the rosette.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3089 on: June 12, 2023, 02:12:33 PM »
Finding all twenty two common words today gave blackrockrose, ozzyjune, ozzymAndias, yelnats, Maudland, Roddles and yours truly what was required to become rosetteers… Great work all!!! 👏👏👏

Rosettenears, however, only needed twenty one today – congrats go to 2dognight, auntiemo, Jancsika and rogue_mother!!!

Meanwhile, ozzyjack found nineteen while vizal uncovered seventeen (and could not be considered disloyal) and Scouser1952 could be found on sweet sixteen… MIA again today was dragonman…

To be granted mavenhood today, you would have needed to have found at least thirty nine words total, a job that was beyond the talents of every one of our coterie with our best effort coming from rogue_mother on thirty six!!! 😥😥😥