Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130356 times)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #3060 on: June 03, 2023, 09:32:19 AM »
How can atwitter be common when so many of us missed it?

But then my definition of uncommon is if I don't get it!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 09:33:56 AM by yelnats »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3061 on: June 03, 2023, 03:29:51 PM »
Another score of two score will garner you a rosette and our rosetteers were ozzys June and Jack and Roddles – well done all!!! 👏👏👏

Jancsika and ozzymAndias almost got there and became rosettenears with thirty nine commons uncovered…

2dognight, yelnats and dragonman, with thirty eight commons found, found themselves two short…

Meanwhile, rogue_mother and I were three off the mark with thirty seven commons located while Maudland and blackrockrose were a further word back on thirty six… LINEN LIVELINESS SILLINESS

Getting into the record on thirty three was auntiemo while Scouser1952 could be found clutching onto thirty commons five words ahead of vizal on twenty five…

Three score and ten will get you your mavenhood back which is exactly what dragonman, rogue_mother and ozzymAndias managed to do… Good job!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: June 03, 2023, 03:36:21 PM »
At the risk of boring you, I have to tell you that I missed out on ennui, yet again.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: June 04, 2023, 09:19:43 AM »
There wasn't enough silliness at the venue where we wanted to have our elevenses.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3064 on: June 04, 2023, 02:23:59 PM »
With thirty nine common words to be found in today’s 7-by-many, it was great to see seven of our coterie becoming rosetteers – well done 2dognight, blackrockrose, Maudland, Roddles, ozzyjune, ozzymAndias and ozzyjack… 👏👏👏

With thirty eight of those thirty nine commons covered, rogue_mother, Jancsika and dragonman have to make do with being rosettenears…

I was the only 7beamer with thirty seven commons making me two short to see my way clear to being a rosetteer or a rosettenear… I treated myself to a cup of lemon VERBENA while waiting for the glue on the VENEER to dry…

Thirty five words, four away from a rosette, saw yelnats and auntiemo make an appearance while a couple of words further back, on thirty three, brought vizal to the fore while twenty two commons was where Scouser1952 ended his day…

If you were to get fifty five or more words you would have your mavenhood intact like dragonman, ozzymAndias*,rogue_mother and blackrockrose*… Great effort all!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: June 04, 2023, 02:42:19 PM »
I too enjoyed a lemon verbena .....whilst checking my dictionary to find the meaning of "reeve" :)
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: June 04, 2023, 03:41:50 PM »
I managed leveler, leveller and reveller but convince myself reveler was rare and stayed my hand. That'll teach me!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: June 05, 2023, 05:15:33 AM »
I'm complaining to the reeve for my lack of a rosette.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3068 on: June 05, 2023, 03:29:16 PM »
A “Heinz” 7-by-many puzzle today with fifty seven varieties of common words needed to become one of the three rosetteers from our coterie – well done Jancsika, ozzyjune and ozzymAndias!!! 👏👏👏 (One wonders how many 7beamers will tarry with such a high common word score!!!)

Three of our number almost made that grade with rosettenears to their credit going to 2dognight, dragonman and rogue_mother…

Meanwhile blackrockrose was three off the mark with fifty four commons extracted while I was next on fifty three… With a SUDDENNESS previously not KENNED, the real estate agent SCUDDED to the titles office so that his client could be DEEDED with the property…

A couple of commons further back we find yelnats on fifty one followed by vizal on forty five, auntiemo on thirty nine and Scouser1952 on twenty one today (congrats!) while Roddles and ozzyjack found the seed word and skedaddled!!! Maudland was MIA…

With eighty four words necessary to regain your mavenhood, rogue_mother, ozzymAndias*, yours truly, dragonman and 2dognight put in the requisite effort… Nice job all!!! 😎😎😎 Scoring the double we have ozzymAndias alone – great work Andrew!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: June 05, 2023, 07:22:37 PM »
I NEEDED one more word.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: June 06, 2023, 10:21:37 AM »
Perhaps I should have paid more undue attention to this puzzle.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3071 on: June 06, 2023, 02:14:54 PM »
Congrats to all those with twenty one today as you are all rosetteers – this means you ozzyjune, blackrockrose, yours truly, ozzyjack, dragonman, yelnats, rogue_mother, Roddles, Maudland and ozzymAndias!!! Great job!!! 👏👏👏

Missing out by a semibreve we have Jancsika with a score of a score…

With nineteen of those twenty one commons located we have 2dognight, auntiemo, Scouser1952 and vizal…

With thirty three words needed for mavenhood I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a “record” number of mavens today but, of course, that may need a “Long Play” from ozzyjack*, rogue_mother*, yours truly*, dragonman* and 2dognight… Nice work all!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity... 🎉🎉🎉

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: June 06, 2023, 03:08:22 PM »
Without wanting to minimise the achievements of others, I was feeling so crotchety when I found out why I missed out on a rosette that my voice was literally quavering!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: June 07, 2023, 02:03:29 PM »
I didn’t have the right insignia
Regards, Jack

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile