Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130491 times)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #3030 on: May 25, 2023, 05:54:09 PM »
Me too, I payed MENSE (rare ) but not MENSES.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: May 26, 2023, 10:07:15 AM »
I can't seem to immunise myself from missing British spellings in Chihuahua. I can't even minimise the occurences.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3032 on: May 26, 2023, 02:11:33 PM »
Well, let’s see now, half a score of 7beamers had a score of a score of common words to score the title of rosetteers – well done 2dognight, ozzyjune, Jancsika, rogue_mother, dragonman, Roddles, Maudland, blackrockrose, ozzyjack and yours truly… 👏👏👏 …and kudos to Jancsika for having no rare words!!! 🤩🤩🤩

So close and yet so far for auntiemo who found nineteen of those twenty common words to become a rosettenear…

With seventeen common words we find Scouser1952 and vizal making them three off the mark while yelnats was a further two back having found fifteen…

Twenty seven words brings with it mavenhood to rogue_mother*, yours truly*, dragonman*, 2dognight*, ozzyjack*, Roddles* and blackrockrose* with all of them scoring the double!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: May 26, 2023, 03:38:29 PM »
I'm tempted to create a hubbub over my rosettenear status....but I won't,  because it wouldn't change anything!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3034 on: May 26, 2023, 03:40:10 PM »
Just a "heads-up" - I may be 'absent' this weekend...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: May 28, 2023, 03:46:34 PM »
I didn't set out to find rare words when I started, and I thought this list might contain words that had a fighting chance of being common. 

evert, ovate, Oversea*, oversteer, overstress, reverser, revest, revote, savorer**, starver, traverser, verser, verso***, vesta, vetoer.

As it happened any one of them would have put a spoke in my wheel to get a rosette without using any rare words.

* Overseas is common.  Oversea and overseas are synonyms so I thought it would be overseas that would be rejected even though it is the more common of the synonyms.

** I am not sure whether savourer is common.

*** I remembered later that verso was demoted from common in August 2020.

This is just a whimsical observation; I am not asking for any action.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3036 on: May 28, 2023, 06:04:56 PM »
With a target score of two score half of our 7beamers came up with the goods for a rosette – well done to our rosetteers 2dognight, Jancsika, dragonman, Roddles, ozzys Jack and June and yours truly… 👏👏👏

Just missing the cut was auntiemo with a score of thirty nine making her our only rosettenear…

Meanwhile yelnats and rogue_mother climbed into their ballet outfits with a two two short total of thirty eight…

With thirty five common words to their credit, blackrockrose and Maudland were five off the mark while I can’t overstate enough that vizal was missing the seed word on thirty four… 😉😉😉

Scouser1952 was the last of our troupe with a score of one score and ten…

A maven score will cost you sixty three words which was entirely doable for dragonman*, ozzyjack*, rogue_mother and 2dognight*… Great work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: May 29, 2023, 11:36:11 AM »
Perhaps in creating one's avatar, one generates the vastest distance between self-perception and reality.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3038 on: May 29, 2023, 03:38:35 PM »
Only seven rosettes awarded in today’s forty two common word puzzle out of three hundred and thirty three players and none of our coterie had the answer to life, the universe and everything… ☹☹☹

The closest we got was rogue_mother who, with forty one commons, was our sole rosettenear…

Better representation happened on a score of two score with ozzys June and Jack, 2dognight, dragonman, Roddles, Maudland and auntiemo all becoming two short all of a sudden!!! 😯😯😯

Next came Jancsika on thirty nine making him three off the mark while blackrockrose was another common word back on thirty eight…

A bit of a gap to yelnats on thirty four then another word back from him was me!!! The CICADA emerged from underground between the ACACIA and the CACTI, which could conceivably be considered its ATTIC, with the advent of summer being the CATALYTIC event causing it to arise… Oh, and CATTILY, DACTYLIC (‽‽‽ - it may be a word but certainly not a common one!!!), DICTA and TACTILITY…

Twenty eight commons saw Scouser1952 and vizal join the party…

With the bar set at sixty five words for mavenhood, I won’t be surprised if they are few and far between yet it comes as no real surprise that rogue_mother and dragonman managed it – go you!!! 😎😎😎

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: May 29, 2023, 04:24:48 PM »
Idyllically, I would like to put tactility in a sentence.
Regards, Jack

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: May 30, 2023, 02:11:49 AM »
If something is DACTYLIC, I suppose it has no TACTILITY.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: May 30, 2023, 08:20:08 AM »
I spent my weekend idyllically playing Pokémon Go.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3042 on: May 30, 2023, 03:03:07 PM »
Congrats to all those who got twenty one today!!! This means you auntiemo, 2dognight, dragonman, Maudland, Roddles and ozzys June and Jack…👏👏👏

With a score of a score, you’ll become a rosettenear just like blackrockrose, Jancsika and rogue_mother – what word brought you undone???

Going down in estimation (because he’s two short 😉😉😉) we have yelnats on nineteen common words extracted…

Next we have Scouser1952 with eighteen commons while I was a further word back with seventeen and vizal could be found four behind me on thirteen… If you’re going to ATTEMPT a MELEE it really helps to have a HELPMATE or a HELPMEET…

With a threshold of forty three words for mavenhood, we only had four awarded – good work 2dognight*, rogue_mother, dragonman* and ozzyjack*… 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉 

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #3043 on: May 30, 2023, 05:52:59 PM »
I was going to try Hamlet, and then thought, "Nope. It's a proper noun". Doh!

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: May 30, 2023, 06:40:15 PM »
Not for the first time, I entered the melee and came out worse.