Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130672 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #3015 on: May 21, 2023, 02:08:40 PM »
I missed MetastasiseMetastasis and Metastases were rare. Go figure!!!.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3016 on: May 21, 2023, 02:20:55 PM »
Forty three common words awaited you when you began today’s 7bm and, fortunately for us, Roddles was amongst the rosetteers who found all of them!!! Good work Rod as you were one of only eight rosettes awarded!!! 👏👏👏

With the answer to life, the universe and everything, dragonman and ozzys Jack and June became our rosettenears…

On forty one common words we find 2dognight who hence became two short…

A further word on arrears we have rogue_mother and Maudland on a score of two score making them three off the pace…

Thirty nine commons brought Jancsika onto the scoreboard closely followed by blackrockrose on thirty eight…

Another couple of words back brought yelnats to the fore with thirty six while I found thirty four… Should I ATTEMPT to ITEMISE the IMPIETIES or should I continue as if nothing were AMISS with my TEAMMATE even as he EMPTIES another beer and his drunkenness causes him to MISTIME his exit into the EMPTIEST of PAMPAS???

With thirty three commons we find auntiemo while vizal found twenty seven and Scouser1952 secured twenty five…

Ninety two words were needed if you wanted to be counted as a maven with just rogue_mother and dragonman having what it took amongst our crew for mavenhood… 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: May 22, 2023, 04:35:09 AM »
I did not imitate the impieties found on the pampas.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: May 22, 2023, 09:46:18 AM »
I won’t ATTEMPT to describe how my MESSMATE put me off getting a rosette - I’d only MISSTATE things, and then there’d be more problems tomorrow.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3019 on: May 22, 2023, 02:40:07 PM »
To get a rosette you needed a score and a half ( :-R :-R :-R ) which is exactly what 2dognight, Maudland and ozzys June and Jack did so well done them!!! 👏👏👏

As it was two days ago, so it is today, with dragonman and rogue_mother coming up one short again (that’s three in a row for dragonman!!!) – always the bridesmaid… 😉😉😉 Well done Jack for having nary a rare word amongst his collection!!! 🤩🤩🤩

Wearing our ballerina gear with aplomb, we have Roddles and myself on two two short… Building one colossus would harden your hands, building more than one COLOSSI would have to create a CALLUS…

Next we have blackrockrose on twenty six commons uncovered, four off the mark closely followed by Jancsika on twenty five…

Twenty four commons brought vizal and yelnats into play while auntiemo found twenty and Scouser1952 extracted twelve…

Fifty three is where you needed to be (or more) for mavenhood and dragonman and 2dognight* were our only maveneers today – great work both of you 😎😎😎 especially Carol (2dognight) who scored the double… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: May 22, 2023, 04:01:20 PM »
It may be presumptuous of me to speak for another player, but I think Scouser and I are currently somewhere between present and MIA ;).
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: May 23, 2023, 11:05:46 AM »
I can't assail the fact that I was a rosettenear this time around.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3022 on: May 23, 2023, 06:25:06 PM »
Great work from our rosetteers 2dognight, dragonman, Roddles and Maudland in finding all forty six common words!!! 👏👏👏

I was joined by ozzyjune on forty five commons (missing out by one) making us both rosettenears… The storm turned the stream into a raging TORRENT.

Next were yelnats and rogue_mother on forty three, three off the mark while blackrockrose had the answer to life, the universe and everything but still missed out on a rosette!!! 😉😉😉

Jancsika found forty one commons and had vizal giving him the “hurry up” on a score of two score…

With that auspicious prime number, thirty seven, we find auntiemo while Scouser1952 had all the twos, twenty two leaving just ozzyjack who found the seed word and skedaddled…

Four score words will score you your mavenhood which is just what rogue_mother, 2dognight*, myself and dragonman* managed… Good job!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: May 24, 2023, 11:43:54 AM »
The maiden was not a rooter for the wooer who was singing beneath her balcony, so she threw down a torrent of invective.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #3024 on: May 24, 2023, 01:45:46 PM »
My retort is that I'm so retro that I do not tweet - that is, I'm not a tweeter.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3025 on: May 24, 2023, 02:34:26 PM »
We were asked to find twenty six common words today and our rosetteers 2dognight, dragonman, Roddles, rogue_mother, ozzys June and Jack and Maudland were all up to the task – well done all of you!!! 👏👏👏 Having taken on Jancsika’s challenge, ozzyjack is trying to show that it’s not that difficult, it seems… 🤩🤩🤩

Meanwhile, the aforementioned Jancsika missed out on a rosette by the merest of margins and, for that, gets himself a rosettenear…

A further common word back, on twenty four, we find a diminutive blackrockrose being two short…

Next cab off the rank was yelnats on twenty three, three off the pace followed ever so closely by Scouser1952, myself and vizal (who seems to have made a structural error… :-R :-R :-R The RASCAL dragged his CARCASS all the way up to the top of the STRATA unit, by which time he was quite CACTUS…

Finding twenty one today deserves congratulations which goes to auntiemo today…

A high score of sixty one words were necessary for mavenhood today which goes to dragonman* and rogue_mother* alone who both scored the double… 😎😎😎 🎉🎉🎉

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: May 24, 2023, 02:54:36 PM »
Having taken on Jancsika’s challenge, ozzyjack is trying to show that it’s not that difficult, it seems… 🤩🤩🤩

Confession time  >:D.  It is incredibly difficult and beyond me if I played fair.  I set up an anon puzzle as well as a signed in puzzle.  Unless I am 100% sure that a word is common, I enter it into the anon puzzle first.  Twice I failed even then because I was so sure of a word that I didn't check.  I always got at least 5 rare words that I believed would be common.

I shall not be continuing the practice, so if i ever do get a rosette without a rare word in it, you will know miracles still happen.
Regards, Jack

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: May 24, 2023, 04:02:14 PM »
Having missed out on a rosette on account of atlas makes me feel like I'm carrying the weight of the world upon my shoulders...

@ozzyjack when I first started the "no-rare words" thing, I would sometimes ask Mrs Jancsika (who is also an occasional player) to try out some "borderline" words for me, before I played them. I haven't done it for a while, but the temptation is always there :-)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3028 on: May 25, 2023, 02:45:44 PM »
Two dozen common words was where the benchmark was set for a rosette and blackrockrose, 2dognight, yelnats, auntiemo, Roddles, ozzys June and Jack and Maudland all did a bench-press to become rosetteers… Well done all!!! 👏👏👏

Just missing out on that achievement and with twenty three commons to his name we find Jancsika as our sole rosettenear…

Donning their ballerina gear we have dragonman and rogue_mother on all the twos, twenty two, and two two short…

I was joined by vizal in being next with seventeen commons uncovered making us seven words short of that elusive rosette… At a MINIMUM, her ENEMIES tried to IMMUNISE themselves from the MEEKNESS exhibited by the MUMMIES as they MUSSES their otherwise impeccable MUUMUU…

Meanwhile Scouser1952 could be found with five commons extracted…

Forty four words total was the threshold for mavenhood and rogue_mother, ozzyjack*, dragonman and 2dognight* crossed over that threshold… Great work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: May 25, 2023, 04:47:28 PM »
I've been muumuu'd.... again  :-\