Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130510 times)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #3000 on: May 17, 2023, 04:53:23 PM »
As I explained elsewhere I missed rewashes (on account of already trying rewash and it being considered rare: go figure!).

(No such excuses with resew, seesaw or shareware though...)

Yes Ozzyjack the re- and -er thing is a bit of a minefield when you're playing the *no rare words" game. I came a cropper several times already today!

whisky

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: May 17, 2023, 04:54:28 PM »
It will be interesting to note how many of the Australian contingent tried chookhouse as a potential seed word…

Guilty.

Luckily I did not have to wait too long for a reprieve.
Today was luckier.

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: May 18, 2023, 07:57:03 AM »
“.. which leaves us with Scouser1952 on 11.”
Damned with faint praise eh?!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3003 on: May 18, 2023, 11:25:32 AM »
“.. which leaves us with Scouser1952 on 11.”
Damned with faint praise eh?!

No offence intended, Tony - I expect you got distracted by other (perhaps more important - though I'm struggling to think of any  :-R :-R :-R ) things...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3004 on: May 18, 2023, 02:23:54 PM »
A big jump in target today, to break the incremental increase previously, with thirty four commons on offer, a target that proved doable by our rosetteers Jancsika, ozzys June and Jack, dragonman, yelnats, Roddles and Maudland – well done all!!! 👏👏👏

It may have felt like a “long play” for those who got thirty three (like blackrockrose and 2dognight) but at least they got the runners up prize of rosettenears…

Three of our number were two short – rogue_mother, auntiemo and Scouser1952 (who made a magnificent comeback after yesterday’s poor showing 😉😉😉)…

I could be found one word further back, making me three off the pace and was ever so closely followed by vizal on thirty… On the THIRTIETH day of the EIGHTH month, I am sure it will be someone’s EIGHTIETH birthday…  :-R :-R :-R

If you had at least the answer to life, the universe and everything, you also qualified for mavenhood which is where we find ozzyjune*, 2dognight, dragonman*, blackrockrose and rogue_mother – great effort!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: May 18, 2023, 03:17:21 PM »
Second time lucky with zero rare words. :-)
Regards, Jack

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: May 18, 2023, 10:05:31 PM »
Second time lucky with zero rare words. :-)

Nice work! I came undone with lither (I guess "more lithe" is more usual (usualler?  ;D) so no complaints) but also righter as in "a righter of wrongs" which I would quibble about, if I were in a quibbling mood!

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #3007 on: May 18, 2023, 10:18:58 PM »
Jumping back a day or two to the question of how many Australians tried chookhouse. I did try it and was perturbed that it was not accepted because I think chookhouse is much more common in Australia than cookhouse.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: May 19, 2023, 11:37:09 AM »
I'm too old to teethe anymore, as well as cut my teeth on word puzzles like  Chihuahua.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3009 on: May 19, 2023, 02:16:12 PM »
A tough fifty eight common word game really sorted the wheat from the chaff with 2dognight, dragonman and ozzys Jack and June being our only rosetteers… A grand job done by you all!!! 👏👏👏

In rosettenear territory, with fifty seven commons unearthed, we have rogue_mother…

Just one 7beamer two short today, eh, blackrockrose, sitting on fifty six commons exposed???

With fifty five commons exposed we have Jancsika and I while a further word back we have auntiemo on fifty four with a further gap of two commons to yelnats on fifty two… He took his TRIVET up to the TURRET, where he was to spend the night on watch, in order to prepare some supper with as much VERVE as he could muster…

Clocking in with fifty commons located we have vizal while Scouser1952 found twenty five and Roddles saw the high target, found the seed word, and skedaddled…

A high common word count brought a high mavenhood target of ninety one words – a target that ozzyjack*, rogue_mother, dragonman*, yours truly and 2dognight* attained… Nice work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 06:05:55 PM by ridethetalk »

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: May 19, 2023, 06:12:17 PM »

With fifty five commons exposed we have Jancsika and I

If  we tie again, will we retie? (Other then that, my turret must be upriver from yours...)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: May 20, 2023, 11:00:02 AM »
I couldn't get upriver, with or without a paddle.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 11:39:30 AM by rogue_mother »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #3012 on: May 20, 2023, 09:53:37 PM »
Sorry for the delay folks – my outlaw’s mother turned ninety and there was a celebratory bash for her…

A score of a score is all you need to acquire that desired rosette and our rosetteers had the score that mattered – eh, Roddles, ozzyjune, 2dognight, ozzyjack and auntiemo… Well done all!!! 👏👏👏 Having tried for some time, ozzyjack succeeded in scoring that score of a score common words without resorting to any rare words!!! 🤩🤩🤩

Nineteen common words rewarded dragonman and rogue_mother with that consolation prize – the rosettenear – where did it all come unstuck???

Eighteen commons made Maudland two short but being angry won’t get you that rosette, Madeleine…

Next onto the scoreboard were blackrockrose, Jancsika and yelnats on seventeen commons making them three off the mark…

A couple of commons further back was vizal on fifteen closely followed by Scouser1952 and yours truly on fourteen… If not by MIDDAY then MANANA the MADAM, sporting a  DYNAMIC MANIA was expecting some kind of MANNA from heaven…

Thirty one words will garner you your mavenhood today and dragonman, 2dognight* and rogue_mother had what it took!!! Nice work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity which, in today’s 7beamers, means Anne (2dognight) alone… 🎉🎉🎉

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: May 20, 2023, 11:51:35 PM »
I put off finishing the puzzle until manana.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: May 21, 2023, 01:09:04 AM »
I chucked my MACADAMIA nuts over the MACADAM in a hissy fit.