Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130760 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2985 on: May 13, 2023, 02:23:33 PM »
We halved the number of common words today from yesterday’s sixty four (to thirty two for those who may be maths-challenged😉) and only dragonman had the wherewithal to become a rosetteer amongst our crew – well done Gareth!!! 👏👏👏

To become a rosettenear, you needed thirty one commons, a job within the scope of 2dognight but what wasn’t within her scope was that final word!!!

We had three players on thirty commons – Roddles, rogue_mother and ozzyjune – placing them fair and squarely into the two short category…

Meanwhile, I found twenty nine commons putting me three off the mark and one ahead of yelnats and Maudland who found twenty eight… He managed to extract an interesting TITBIT of knowledge by reading the LIBRETTI about the BITTERN…

Following on from there, we have Jancsika and ozzyjack on twenty six, vizal on twenty four, auntiemo on twenty two and Scouser1952 on sweet sixteen… MIA was blackrockrose…

Fifty seven words was the threshold for mavenhood with dragonman*, 2dognight and rogue_mother crossing that threshold… Good work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity which, by virtue of being the only 7beamer with a rosette, was the sole province of dragonman… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: May 13, 2023, 06:14:41 PM »
Too many to list.... I just lost interest!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: May 14, 2023, 06:03:28 AM »
Methinks the beetle might have looked better if I had been a bit beerier.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: May 14, 2023, 07:45:51 AM »
Once bitter, twice bitterer. That's one of my libretti.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: May 14, 2023, 02:04:55 PM »
The lapis lazuli was insipid compared to the juicy pippin apple.
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: May 14, 2023, 02:09:08 PM »
I feel like a bit of an ass....for missing assassin.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2991 on: May 14, 2023, 02:13:50 PM »
First off, wishing all mothers a very happy mother’s day…

A score of commons will score you a rosette – we had 2dognight leading off dragonman, Jancsika, Roddles, ozzyjune and myself as rosetteers today… Good job all!!! 👏👏👏

Missing by that singular margin were our rosettenears rogue_mother and auntiemo on nineteen commons unearthed…

Feeling a landslip under his feet was yelnats on eighteen who fell two short…

Meanwhile, Scouser1952, Maudland and ozzyjack, all on seventeen commons, were three off the mark with vizal a further four back on thirteen… MIA was blackrockrose…

Forty four was a challenging target for mavenhood but 2dognight*, dragonman* and rogue_mother took up that challenge and succeeded where others failed… Great work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: May 15, 2023, 04:08:00 AM »
The same as for auntiemo, the assassin killed my chance for a rosette.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2993 on: May 15, 2023, 02:28:29 PM »
Having found all twenty common words, ozzyjune led off our rosetteers with Maudland, dragonman, yours truly, Roddles, rogue_mother, ozzyjack and auntiemo following on behind… Great work all!!! 👏👏👏

Two of our number – 2dognight and Jancsika – were just one word away from a rosette, with nineteen commons extracted, making them rosettenears…

All by himself on eighteen was yelnats sitting quite still – immobile even 😉 – but two short nonetheless…

Scouser1952 could be found hanging out with vizal with fifteen common words to their credit and blackrockrose was again MIA…

Mavenhood starts at thirty one words and 2dognight, rogue_mother*, dragonman*, auntiemo*, Roddles*, yours truly* and ozzyjack* managed to clear that hurdle today… Nicely done!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: May 15, 2023, 03:35:31 PM »
A bit more motility and I might have got a rosette.

(I have to admit that was a new word for me!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2995 on: May 16, 2023, 02:01:57 PM »
It will be interesting to note how many of the Australian contingent tried chookhouse as a potential seed word…

Well done Jancsika as not only the first of our rosetteers, and fourth overall, but for getting a rosette with no rare words – the only player to do so!!! I joined him in being a rosetteer together with Roddles, ozzys June and Jack, rogue_mother, 2dognight, dragonman, vizal, Maudland and blackrockrose by finding all twenty one common words – congrats to all on being twenty one today!!! 👏👏👏

Just one word short of joining us were our rosettenears on twenty: yelnats and auntiemo which leaves just Scouser1952 with seventeen…

An awesome effort everyone!!! 🤩🤩🤩

With thirty eight words required for mavenhood, rogue_mother*, dragonman*, 2dognight*, yours truly* had the right stuff to rack up the requisite tally!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: May 16, 2023, 05:49:55 PM »
When you choke on the answer, you don't get a rosette!

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: May 17, 2023, 02:03:22 PM »
As I search for my last 3 words, the wake from the boat washes and rewashes over the hawser.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: May 17, 2023, 02:18:55 PM »
I tried to emulate Jancsika's effort on the cookhouse puzzle of getting a rosette but not having any rare words but fell short with resaw, rewash, reweave.

I must admit I cannot see why many REs and ERs are differently classified as common/rare from their base word and others aren't.  I guess you just have to learn them by experience just like genders in German nouns.

I thought I was pretty competent in bloody plurals but when I got rewashes right, I confidently entered rewash to find it rare.

Still we all have those days don't we?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 02:45:16 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2999 on: May 17, 2023, 04:47:25 PM »
We seem to be stepping up in common words by one word each day with today’s target twenty two commons which Roddles, ozzyjack, dragonman, rogue_mother, yours truly and ozzyjune managed to find to become today’s rosetteers… Great work all!!! 👏👏👏
FWIW. I was only missing the seed word until about an hour before closing when wharves occurred to me – strange that, since my good wife works on them!!! Yes, Sue is a docker!!! 😂😂😂

You might get congratulated for being twenty one today but, Carol (2dognight), you’ll only become a rosettenear!!! Where did you go wrong???

With a score of a score you’ll find yourself two two short to see clear to getting a rosette, won’t you our fine ballerinas yelnats and blackrockrose???

Three off the mark on nineteen we have auntiemo while Jancsika was one further back on eighteen commons discovered…

Next was vizal with seventeen commons to his name ever so closely followed by Maudland who was sweet sixteen today which leaves us with Scouser1952 on eleven…

Thirty two words was the cut-off point for mavenhood with Roddles*, rogue_mother*, ozzyjune*, dragonman*, 2dognight*, yours truly*, auntiemo, blackrockrose and yelnats all making hay while the sun shone… 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉 the absence of ozzyjack in this troupe was likely due to him attempting a “Jancsika”…