Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129503 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2970 on: May 09, 2023, 02:29:20 PM »
For those who scored a score of a score of common words, you’ve also scored a rosette – well done to our rosetteers dragonman, rogue_mother and blackrockrose (welcome back Yvonne)!!! 👏👏👏

With nineteen common words in hand, you’ll be rewarded with a rosettenear just like ozzyjune, auntiemo and Roddles…

Jancsika was next with eighteen commons making him two short of a rosette while seventeen commons found made myself and yelnats three off the mark… The OTIOSE indigent was down by the JETTIES when he was bitten by a TSETSE fly…

On fifteen common located we have vizal while Scouser1952 found eleven and ozzyjack eight… Meanwhile we had 2 MIA members of the 7beamers club – 2dognight and Maudland…

Forty three words in total may not seem so high a target but only rogue_mother* and dragonman* were able to achieve mavenhood today but they did so while scoring the double, so great work both of you!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: May 09, 2023, 04:16:17 PM »
Perhaps my otiose attitude was the problem.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2972 on: May 09, 2023, 04:51:25 PM »
(welcome back Yvonne)!!!

Thank you John, it's good to be back.

But family commitments may see me absent again this coming weekend, and possibly Friday and Monday as well.  :(

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2973 on: May 10, 2023, 02:16:39 PM »
When you have the answer to life, the universe and everything you might expect to get a rosette but, with forty three common words required for that, you only manage to be rosettenears as dragonman, Roddles, 2dognight, Maudland, auntiemo, rogue_mother and ozzys June and Jack know only too well…

Meanwhile, with a score of two score, blackrockrose and Jancsika were three off the mark followed by me on thirty eight… The TENANTRY tried to TARTLY ALLAY the ARRAY of problems associated with ARTERY disease by embracing a healthy diet…

A further two commons back on thirty six commons we find yelnats while vizal could be found with thirty two commons in his kitbag and Scouser1952 deserves congrats as he was twenty one today…

Mavenhood requested three score and ten words which rogue_mother, ozzyjack, dragonman and blackrockrose all answered successfully… Great work all!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: May 10, 2023, 02:31:43 PM »
I think RTT and I will not be the only ones absent from the Tenantry
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: May 10, 2023, 03:37:16 PM »
But will I be the only one absent from the eatery?

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: May 10, 2023, 04:02:52 PM »
My rosette attempt went sideways when I failed to play laterally.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: May 10, 2023, 08:17:43 PM »
You just can't get the staff these days. There's rarely a nanny among the tenantry!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2978 on: May 11, 2023, 02:42:02 PM »
With all of fifty common words to find there were only a dozen rosetteers overall out of three hundred and thirty players – of those, two were contributed by our rosetteers Roddles and Maudland – great work both of you!!! 👏👏👏

Three of our number missed by the smallest of margins which must have been disappointing for rogue_mother, blackrockrose and dragonman having found forty nine commons…

Next, on forty eight which makes her two short, we have ozzyjune while one word behind her we have ozzyjack on forty seven making him three off the mark…

He was followed ever so closely by Jancsika on forty six while 2dognight, yelnats and I were a further two commons in arrears on forty four… Had he been SAVVIER rather than being caught up in a fanciful REVERIE CIRCA the start of the Kamakura dynasty, as a result of a RECESSIVE gene for which he was normally EVASIVE, his VISCERA would not have been spilled upon the floor…

With thirty seven commons bagged, vizal had a visceral reaction against getting a rosette while, with thirty six commons, auntiemo had a visceral need to be one common word ahead of Scouser1952 (on thirty five commons)…

You needed to have almost one hundred words total (ninety six if you’re counting) to get your mavenhood today, a task that was successfully achieved by just ozzyjack, rogue_mother and dragonman of our coterie… Good work all of you!!! 😎😎😎 No double dippers today...

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: May 11, 2023, 03:43:38 PM »
This near miss sent me into a reverie of introspection.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2980 on: May 12, 2023, 02:21:05 PM »
Will you still need me, will you still feed me (a rosette) when I get sixty four (commons)??? Well, I and ozzys June and Jack found out and yes! you do!!! 😉😉😉 We were also three out of only nine rosettes awarded with three hundred and forty eight players… Well done us!!! 👏👏👏

Just one of our number missed by one – which word tripped you up auntiemo? Was it my final word dodoes???

Climbing into their ballerina gear were dragonman and rogue_mother on sixty two commons found, making them two two short…

2dognight was next with fifty nine commons found, five off the pace while Jancsika found fifty seven but couldn’t be shoehorned into a higher position…

Next we have blackrockrose with fifty six and yelnats with fifty four who also couldn’t squeeze himself into a better position… 😉😉😉

A similar fate awaited vizal on forty eight and Scouser1952 on twenty eight… We had two members MIA – Maudland and Roddles…

A very high target for mavenhood of one hundred and twelve words made the efforts of rogue_mother, ozzyjack*, yours truly* and dragonman all that more special!!! Great effort!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: May 12, 2023, 02:38:25 PM »
Absolutely....I officially joined the ranks of dodoes yesterday/today.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2982 on: May 12, 2023, 05:02:36 PM »
Absolutely....I officially joined the ranks of dodoes yesterday/today.

It do/does look odd do/doesn't it...  :-R :-R :-R

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: May 12, 2023, 08:10:57 PM »
Is there are word for more than one (doggy) doodoo? And should it be common... >:D >:D >:D ?

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: May 13, 2023, 06:31:52 AM »
I should have been watching the dodoes while the sea breeze was onshore.