Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130478 times)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2955 on: May 02, 2023, 02:29:16 AM »
I would possess a rosette if I had played POSSESSES
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: May 02, 2023, 10:52:15 AM »
I sometimes have trouble with the shorter puzzles, like this one with only twenty-two commons needed for a rosette, but not this time around. I was happy to get a rosette, and my fellow rosetteers included blackrockrose, 2dognight, ozzyjune, Maudland and Roddles.

Four of our rosettenears have already reported in: Jancsika, yelnats, dragonman and ozzyjack. RTT was the silent partner here, taking a break from his road trip to sneak in a little Chihuahua.

Once again, no one was two short. Auntiemo and vizal eschewed the tutu look, going for participation ribbons instead. There's always the next puzzle, eh wot?

Mavenhood status was earned by myself, ozzyjack, 2dognight, dragonman and RTT. 2dognight and I were twice as dignified as the rest.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2957 on: May 02, 2023, 09:09:22 PM »
My KEENNESS for Chihuahua meant i just had to have a go...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: May 03, 2023, 08:13:20 AM »
Today's 7bm puzzle was a bit lengthier than yesterday's, thirty-five commons needed for the rosette. The rosetteers were led off by Roddles, followed by myself and the ozzies June and Jack. As per usual, the seed word was very nearly the last common word I found.

2dognight and Jancsika were our rosettenears, at thirty-four found.

The tutu was back in fashion. Even with thirty-three common words found, two of our group found themselves stylishly dressed, but alas, too short: dragonman and auntiemo.

Yelnats, vizal and blackrockrose put in a good effort.

Ozzyjack led the maven pack, followed by me and dragonman. Jack and I were about as dignified as one can get under the circumstances, which is to say doubly so.

RTT did not make an appearance today. One hopes he hasn't been swallowed by an anaconda or gotten too up close and personal with a Komodo dragon at the Reptile Park in Gosford.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: May 03, 2023, 05:45:08 PM »
Tuesday's puzzle...I'm happy to say I didn't end up with cirrhosis.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: May 04, 2023, 07:31:24 AM »
Where have all the rosetteers gone? None of the 7beamers made the qualifying round.

Auntiemo was our sole rosettenear, but only because she didn't get cirrhosis.

The tutu brigade had quite a turnout today: 2dognight, myself, Jancsika, dragonman and ozzyjune. Didn't we look resplendent all decked out in tulle? No matter that we were too short.

Further down the leaderboard were Roddles, yelnats, blackrockrose, ozzyjack and vizal. RTT was spotted among them, enjoying his holiday, no doubt.

Dragonman and I were the mavens today with only a shred of dignity; no double dose today.

Like auntiemo, I didn't get cirrhosis, perhaps because I was avoiding any and all heresies.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: May 05, 2023, 08:42:27 AM »
A bigger puzzle today, fifty-seven commons to find. Two 7beamers were up to the task, garnering rosettes for their efforts: auntiemo and Roddles.

A cluster of us were rosettenears: Maudland (dipping in during her time away), dragonman, ozzyjune and a certain rogue. The rogue might have gotten a rosette if only she had more style.

Jancsika was hoping to measure up, but found himself two short.

Yelnats, RTT and vizal were spotted further down the scoreboard.

Meanwhile, ozzyjack was one and done.  Lucky for him there was only one seed word in this puzzle.

There were three of us who found the necessary eighty words needed to achieve mavenhood this time around: the rogue, dragonman and ozzyjune. Alas, not a single rosette among us.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: May 06, 2023, 11:45:05 AM »
Three rosetteers in our group on this go-around, headed by Maudland, who dipped back in to score her rosette, followed by 2dognight and Roddles. Well done!

I sent out the secret signal when I looked at the puzzle solution and saw that I had missed occurrence. I know that I tried it, but it seems that I must have misspelled it and failed to actually enter it. The other rosettenears may or may not have similar tales of woe. They were dragonman, ozzyjune and blackrockrose.

For this puzzle we have two that found themselves too short: Jancsika and ozzyjack.

Other 7beamers appearing on the scoreboard included RTT, vizal, yelnats, auntiemo and Scouser1952.

I have to say that I am more than embarrassed to find that I have failed to mention Scouser1952 in other summaries this week :-[ and I won't let that happen again.

How 'bout them mavens, you ask. I was one, as were dragonman, 2dognight, RTT, ozzies jack and june, and blackrockrose. Only 2dognight could claim that extra dose of dignity as a rosetteer.

On to the next puzzle, and we hope to see RTT back behind the keyboard soon following what one hopes to have been an enjoyable trip.

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: May 06, 2023, 08:13:31 PM »
Hi R_M,
No problem, as you can see I’m normally down the lower end of the scores.
Cheers,
Tony

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: May 06, 2023, 09:00:46 PM »
FUNNINESS was my undoing..nothing to laugh about there.

You have done a fine job Rouge Mother during Johns sojourn, Thank you.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: May 07, 2023, 12:40:22 PM »
Rushing in to make a summary at nearly the eleventh hour (literally and figuratively). Here at Inside the Beltway it is 10:40 p.m.

The latest puzzle required thirty-six commons to achieve a rosette, which I managed to do, along with several of fellow 7beamers: Roddles, Jancsika, and the ozzies Jack and June.

Oh, so close at thirty-five: nope. None of the 7beamers qualified as rosettenears.

Dragonman and yelnats could only wish, as they found themselves two short for words.

The rest of the field was filled out by auntiemo, 2dognight, RTT, Maudland, vizal and Scouser1952.

The mavens got there by finding fifty-five or more words, which was achieved by me, along with ozzyjack, yelnats and dragonman. Jack and I were extra dignified

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2966 on: May 07, 2023, 04:10:47 PM »
First off, thanks rogue_mother for taking over the reins in my absence – your synopses were excellent as I’m sure all the 7beamers would agree!!!

I’m back but would be happy to let others take over as I feel I’m getting a bit stale in my reporting…

Anyhow, today’s target was my favourite sub-50 prime number, thirty seven – a target that Roddles and ozzys June and Jack found the bullseye of to become our rosetteers… Great work!!! 👏👏👏

With three dozen of those common words in their grasp, our rosettenears 2dognight, dragonman and yours truly fell just one word off that elusive rosette… My TENURE as reporter of the state of play may be in danger…

Sitting on thirty five common words we find the aforementioned rogue_mother who seems two short to find a rosette…

Our next cabs off the rank were Maudland and Jancsika who, with thirty two commons, were five words off the mark…

Clocking in with twenty nine commons were yelnats and vizal while Scouser1952 and auntiemo uncovered twenty three… Our sole non-starter today was blackrockrose…

Fifty one words would garner that desirable maven status with mavenhood bestowed upon rogue_mother, 2dognight, dragonman, ozzyjack*, Roddles*, ozzyjune* and my own good self – a good job, well done!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: May 07, 2023, 08:51:37 PM »
Yes, great job RM, thank you!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: May 08, 2023, 06:50:21 AM »
When one has an infection in the ureter, one might be a frequent returner to the restroom  ;)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2969 on: May 08, 2023, 02:31:15 PM »
Before I go any further I want to congratulate Jancsika for managing to not only be our first rosetteer but he did so without getting any rare words which is his personal challenge (as if Chi isn’t challenging enough!!!) – he did so by finding all twenty common words, an achievement that was mimicked by auntiemo, Roddles, ozzyjune, 2dognight, Maudland, rogue_mother and ozzyjack… Great work all!!! 👏👏👏

If you found nineteen commons, you’ll be like our rosettenears yelnats and dragonman who just missed out on that rosette we all desire…

If, like me and vizal, you found eighteen commons, you will find yourself two short (or, in our case, two two short – don’t we look good as ballerinas!!!) of that rosette… There’s a degree of SENSELESSNESS in being EYELESS…

Meanwhile, it appears Scouser1952 had better things to do as he found the seed word and skedaddled and blackrockrose was again MIA…

With a mavenhood break point set at twenty eight, 2dognight*, ozzyjack* and rogue_mother* all had the right stuff to become a maven and all also scored the double – well done you!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉