Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130662 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2940 on: April 28, 2023, 03:00:29 PM »
Another day’s 7bm puzzle over with twenty nine being today’s target and blackrockrose, rogue_mother, auntiemo, Maudland, 2dognight and ozzys June and Jack being our rosetteers – great work all of you!!! 👏👏👏

Meanwhile, Jancsika and I missed by that frustrating margin of a single word making us rosettenears with twenty eight common words… To maximise production, farmers may eradicate the NUBBIN parts of their crop…

With twenty seven words found, Roddles, vizal and dragonman found themselves two short while yelnats avoided that fate by being four off the pace on twenty five…

Sitting pretty on eight commons (but with both the seed words) we find Scouser1952…

Thirty four words total rewards you with maven status and our 7beamers with mavenhood to their names were dragonman, yours truly, rogue_mother*, 2dognight*, ozzyjack*, auntiemo*, Maudland* and ozzyjune* - good effort from all concerned!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2941 on: April 29, 2023, 12:43:17 AM »
I'm at my council taskforce thing today (Saturday) and tomorrow I'm off on a no-guilt road-trip with Sue (my better half) to Gosford on the mid-coast of NSW in the Tesla for the next week. As such, my postings will probably be spasmodic at best...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2942 on: April 29, 2023, 06:26:55 PM »
With thirty three common words on offer, I’d be hoping for a “record” number of rosetteers ( 😉😉😉) – 2dognight led the way with ozzys June and Jack our only other 7beamer rosetteers – nice job all three of you – that’s three out of the eleven awarded from three hundred and forty seven players!!! 👏👏👏

With thirty two commons words, dragonman had to make do with being one of the four rosettenears – frustrating in the extreme…

If you got thirty one commons you will find yourself two short as blackrockrose, rogue_mother and auntiemo found out only too well…

A further word back on an even thirty (and hence three off the mark) we have Jancsika and Roddles while yelnats was another word back on twenty nine…

I was joined by Scouser1952 on twenty eight commons unearthed which made us five words away from rosette territory… I heard a MURMUROUS sound coming from those that rule the ROOST that it would be USURIOUS to charge anyone suffering from a TUMOROUS affliction for the RISOTTO, no matter that it was one of the best in the land…

Next, on twenty seven commons we find vizal which leaves just Maudland unaccounted for…

The bar for mavenhood was set at fifty one words and our successful high-jumpers were dragonman, ozzyjack*, 2dognight* and rogue_mother – great work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: April 30, 2023, 01:38:59 AM »
I missed usurious and rostrum, and I can live with that, but for a British guy to get tumor but not tumour is tantamount to treason  ;D

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: April 30, 2023, 09:35:03 AM »
I missed usurious and rostrum, and I can live with that, but for a British guy to get tumor but not tumour is tantamount to treason  ;D

Off with his head!

I’m away for a couple of weeks so will be dipping in and out ..

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: April 30, 2023, 01:15:58 PM »
I'm not British, but I'm still annoyed that I missed tumour after successfully finding rumour, and I'm still wondering how I missed tumorous after finding murmurous and rumorous  ???
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: April 30, 2023, 02:52:48 PM »
I missed tumorous and usurious....not overly upset!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: April 30, 2023, 02:58:38 PM »
I did my utmost to find the smuttiest muumuu ....obviously not to be worn whilst attending the suttee ceremony.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: April 30, 2023, 10:11:36 PM »
MUUMUU...again. I wonder if this word will ever stick in my mind.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: April 30, 2023, 11:02:57 PM »
I too, was muumuu'd.

In fact, I call words which only seem to exist in this puzzle "muumuu words"

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: May 01, 2023, 11:36:38 AM »
A few of us were able to find our muumuu, as 2dognight, blackrockrose, Roddles, myself and the ozzies Jack and June were all rosetteers this time around.

We already know that two of our rosettenears, Dragonman and jancsika were caught without their muumuu on. Vizal, the remaining rosettenear, isn't saying which word was that elusive final common.

No one was two short, meaning that everyone could ride the rollercoaster today.

RTT and auntiemo came along for the ride.

It was a challenging puzzle, indeed. Only dragonman and 2dognight achieved mavenhood, with 2dognight in the spotlight as sole possessor of double dignity. Well done!
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2951 on: May 01, 2023, 12:50:23 PM »
We already know that two of our rosettenears, Dragonman and jancsika were caught without their muumuu on. Vizal, the remaining rosettenear, isn't saying which word was that elusive final common.

I didn't forget my muumuu, though it's a bit of a MUSEUM piece.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: May 01, 2023, 02:26:13 PM »
I didn't have the sense to find nonsense
Regards, Jack

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #2953 on: May 01, 2023, 05:37:18 PM »
1 short in the bespoke puzzle. How could I miss 'boson', but the meaning explained why...

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: May 01, 2023, 09:10:35 PM »
If someone offered me a consolation rosette, I wouldn't oppose it.