Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129478 times)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2910 on: April 21, 2023, 11:03:33 AM »
I had to delve into my RAGBAG to find a new window wipe…

Well, I had to delve into my ragbag to find something to wipe away my tears. I had only just found ragbag in another puzzle a few days ago.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2911 on: April 21, 2023, 02:16:42 PM »
You could be forgiven for being chicken in doing the POULTRY puzzle but, with all twenty three common words found, that couldn’t be said of blackrockrose, 2dognight, dragonman, Jancsika, Roddles, yelnats, rogue_mother and ozzyjune – great job all!!! 👏👏👏

I was unfortunate enough to miss by one, with twenty two commons extracted, making me a rosettenear… If I had only taken the TROLLOP up on her kindly offer I would have got a rosette!!!

The only person feeling down on themselves is ozzyjack who, with twenty one today should be congratulated but instead finds himself two short…

Next, with a score of a score and three off the mark, is auntiemo while vizal found seventeen and Scouser1952 thirteen with Maudland hot on his tail with twelve commons collected…

With the answer to life, the universe and everything you also score your mavenhood which is exactly what rogue_mother*, 2dognight*, dragonman* and ozzyjack accomplished… Well done!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: April 21, 2023, 02:31:55 PM »
Because I was loopy and watched Penelope Keith's documentary on Norfolk villages, I missed out on my purport of getting a rosette but I did fall in love with the village of Little Snoring.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2913 on: April 21, 2023, 02:55:17 PM »
Because I was loopy and watched Penelope Keith's documentary on Norfolk villages, I missed out on my purport of getting a rosette but I did fall in love with the village of Little Snoring.

That begs the the question - is there a Big Snoring???  :-Z :-Z :-Z
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: April 21, 2023, 09:24:40 PM »
That begs the the question - is there a Big Snoring???  :-Z :-Z :-Z

No, but Great Snoring is a rural village in North Norfolk by the River Stiffkey, in the east of England. It is situated approximately 25 miles (40 km) north-west from the city and county town of Norwich, and 2 miles (3 km) north from the larger village of Little Snoring.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 09:27:13 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: April 22, 2023, 05:39:21 AM »
How apt - I nodded off halfway through the puzzle yesterday!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2916 on: April 22, 2023, 05:35:21 PM »
Sorry folks for the delay, I’ve been working with my local council’s carbon emission reduction taskforce as I will be for the next two Saturdays – also, tomorrow I’ll be away in Ballarat at a Nett Zero Homes forum so apologies in advance…

Thirty common words as a target saw dragonman, Maudland, 2dognight and ozzys Jack and June become rosetteers in this tri-cornered seed word puzzle… Well done all!!! 👏👏👏

Jancsika almost made it to those heady heights but stumbled at the last word making him our only rosettenear with twenty nine commons uncovered – what word brought you down HJ???

As for being two short, nothing beats blackrockrose, rogue_mother and auntiemo who all found twenty eight of those common words…

Next cab off the rank was yelnats on twenty six, four commons shy of a rosette, closely followed by my own good self on twenty five… To be successful as a TRAITOR you need to be a good ACTOR or, to your HORROR, you’ll find yourself failing to show your dexterity in your TOCCATA or the villain part in your personal ORATORIO…

Meanwhile, Roddles captured twenty three of the common words just five words ahead of vizal on eighteen who was himself four words ahead of Scouser1952 with fourteen commons accounted for…

Mavenhood required the finding of sixty one words total, a task for which dragonman*, ozzyjack*, rogue_mother and 2dognight* were more than capable of achieving… 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉 

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: April 22, 2023, 09:47:53 PM »
I'd just like to congratulate members of my cohort who managed to get a rosette!

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: April 23, 2023, 08:02:57 AM »
If I had paid attention to the tarot cards, I wouldn't ever have considered getting a tattoo.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: April 23, 2023, 12:36:48 PM »
Some traitor drove off on my tractor.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2920 on: April 23, 2023, 06:57:01 PM »
Just twenty two common words will get you that elusive (for me) rosette – a task for which our rosetteers 2dognight, dragonman, ozzys June and Jack and Roddles were up… Great work!!! 👏👏👏

Meanwhile, I joined Maudland in being one word short of the mark but still we should be congratulated because, as rosettenears, we’re twenty one today!!! I tried to make an AMBIT claim for a rosette but couldn’t pull it off…

By having a score of a score, blackrockrose finds herself in the unenviable position of being two short…

A word behind her we have rogue_mother and Jancsika who, on nineteen, were three off the pace while Scouser1952 and yelnats were hot on their heels on eighteen…

Finding fourteen commons we have vizal followed by auntiemo on eleven…

Mavenhood will come to those who have at least forty four words which, in today’s puzzle means ozzyjack*, dragonman* and 2dognight* who all also scored rosettes so well done you!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: April 23, 2023, 08:52:44 PM »
Fortunately, I’m not so familiar with MASTITIS.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: April 24, 2023, 01:40:19 PM »
The bassist tried to amass enough words to reach Maven status, but her brain was in stasis.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2923 on: April 24, 2023, 02:27:38 PM »
Forty three was the target for a rosette today with our rosetteers being Roddles, rogue_mother and ozzys June and Jack – good work!!! 👏👏👏

With forty three being the target, our rosettenears have the answer to life, the universe and everything but, unfortunately, not what that last word might have been!!! Isn’t that so blackrockrose, Jancsika and Maudland???

Being two short may not be something that dragonman is often accused of but he can’t avoid it today!!!

Meanwhile, 2dognight was one common word further back on forty, three off the mark, while auntiemo was one behind her on thirty nine…

Next was yelnats on thirty eight while I managed thirty seven within the timeframe but found PALETTE and another word (???) before I realised the time had expired!!! 😥😥😥 The ATHLETE, even though he had a PAPAL blessing, while running the ultra-marathon showed the TELLTALE signs of a PATELLA injury…

With twenty seven common words found we have vizal closely followed by Scouser1952 with twenty six…

You would need eighty two words to be in consideration for mavenhood – a task within the abilities of just ozzyjack*, dragonman and rogue_mother* - way to go all of you!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: April 25, 2023, 08:09:17 AM »
Bloody PLATELET!! 🩸