Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129529 times)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2895 on: April 17, 2023, 03:17:25 PM »
I wasn't feeling very nonchalant when I missed cantonal.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2896 on: April 17, 2023, 05:39:40 PM »
Aloha! I failed to provide some halal canola for the cantonal dwellers.

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: April 17, 2023, 06:29:15 PM »
Halal production is banned in cantonal Switzerland, apparently.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: April 18, 2023, 09:13:09 AM »
These CANTONAL countries have a lot to answer for, it seems.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2899 on: April 18, 2023, 02:40:05 PM »
With a target just shy of four dozen common words (47), we managed five rosetteers with rogue_mother, dragonman, Jancsika and ozzys June and Jack all excelling… Nice job!!! 👏👏👏 Extra kudos to Jancsika who scored his rosette without any rare words... 🙏🙏🙏

Missing by one, with a score of forty six commons, to become rosettenears we have myself and Maudland… If I had followed a more TORTUOUS path I may have got a rosette…

Putting on their ballet slippers and two two short we have our stars on forty five, 2dognight and Roddles…

Meanwhile, a further word back on forty four, we find blackrockrose who, in turn, was four words ahead of yelnats, on a score of two score…

Three dozen commons sees Scouser1952 join the fun and games with vizal close behind on thirty four…

Next was auntiemo with two dozen commons extracted to round out our 7beamers club…

Mavenhood requested seventy three words and answering that call were rogue_mother*, yours truly and dragonman* - good work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 02:41:50 PM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: April 19, 2023, 09:50:14 AM »
I was too busy watching reruns of The SOOTY Show to focus on a rosette.

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: April 19, 2023, 02:06:07 PM »
I'm obviously NOT an alpha male....

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2902 on: April 19, 2023, 03:06:28 PM »
Today’s rosette-winning target was twenty five common words and 2dognight, dragonman, rogue_mother, Roddles and ozzys June and Jack all had what it takes to be rosetteers… Great work!!! 👏👏👏

With two dozen of those twenty five commons, blackrockrose, Jancsika and Maudland will have to make do with being rosettenears – what word(s) brought tears to your eyes???

I was all alone, and two short to boot, on twenty three commons… It was embarrassing for the Vatican when the prime-time pundits promoted the prosecution of PAYOLA by PAPAL people…  :-R :-R :-R

Congrats to auntiemo, yelnats and Scouser1952 who are all twenty one today while vizal scored an even dozen…

Mavenhood kicked in at forty three, a task that ozzyjack*, rogue_mother*, dragonman* and 2dognight* all managed without fanfare but which, because they also were rosetteers, means they get fanfare anyway!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #2903 on: April 19, 2023, 09:46:02 PM »
Lolly buy no lollypop again!

2 of the other 3 were ones I normally get, but I never get payola.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: April 20, 2023, 09:23:37 AM »
I'm obviously NOT an alpha male....

Are you an alfalfa male, maybe? A much better option IMO!

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: April 20, 2023, 09:25:39 AM »
Lolly buy no lollypop again!

2 of the other 3 were ones I normally get, but I never get payola.

That’s the last time I slip Alan a PAYOLA!
Looking at the definition, seems like it’s a US word - maybe that’s why? Or is anyone aware of it being used in other countries?

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2906 on: April 20, 2023, 11:18:19 AM »
I'm aware of it but wouldn't use it in normal speech...

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2907 on: April 20, 2023, 02:32:50 PM »
With twenty nine common words on offer, 2dognight, Roddles, dragonman, Maudland and ozzys June and Jack had what it took to become rosetteers… Great job!!! 👏👏👏

If, like blackrockrose, rogue_mother and myself, you missed that final word, you’ll have to make do with being rosettenears… I had to delve into my RAGBAG to find a new window wipe…

A couple of words further back, on twenty six and three off the mark, we have yelnats, Jancsika and vizal while congrats needs to go to auntiemo (on twenty one today) while Scouser1952 found the seed word and skedaddled…

With the benchmark set at thirty eight words for mavenhood, ozzyjack*, dragonman*, yours truly, Maudland*, blackrockrose, 2dognight* and rogue_mother all had the wherewithal to break through that level… Nice work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2908 on: April 20, 2023, 02:37:21 PM »
The airbag failed to save me from a mishap.

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: April 20, 2023, 06:39:06 PM »
The airbag failed to save me from a mishap.

Well the airbag failed to save me from a braining! What a ragbag of a game...