Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129562 times)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2880 on: April 13, 2023, 01:42:01 PM »
I don't know about the mammogram/aerogram situation either. But I do know that I'd want to rearm myself before going into the local barroom and requesting that reggae music be played.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2881 on: April 13, 2023, 02:21:07 PM »
With thirty four commons for the taking today, I’m pleased to tell you we have four rosetteers: dragonman, Maudland and ozzys June and Jack – well done!!! 👏👏👏

We fared just as well with rosettenears with Jancsika, rogue_mother, Roddles and auntiemo finding thirty three of those common words!!!

On thirty two we have 2dognight, Scouser1952 and myself which makes us all two short… The people were drawn to the MECCA of the Albert Hall because the EMCEE was feted to be Sir Richard Attenborough…

On thirty one, three off the mark, we have yelnats and blackrockrose while vizal found twenty five commons which just leaves doxydaisy as once more MIA…

Will you still need me, will you still feed me… …when I achieve mavenhood (at sixty four, of course!) which is a question that rogue_mother, ozzyjack* and dragonman* answered with a resounding “YES” – nice job all!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: April 13, 2023, 02:45:22 PM »
I missed my cereal this morning!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: April 13, 2023, 04:09:12 PM »
Once again the emcee presided over my downfall.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: April 13, 2023, 08:43:46 PM »

I'm no Einstein, but I can see that your missing emcee along with mine makes emcee squared.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2885 on: April 14, 2023, 12:52:00 AM »

I'm no Einstein, but I can see that your missing emcee along with mine makes emcee squared.

eeeeee
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2886 on: April 14, 2023, 02:25:24 PM »
Another game where thirty seven, that most auspicious of prime numbers, rules the day and, in this one, resulted in five common seed words!!! Our rosetteers were dragonman, Jancsika, rogue_mother, ozzys Jack and June and auntiemo – great work by all concerned!!! 👏👏👏

Today it was the turn of Roddles and Maudland to be ballerinas as they scored thirty five common words making them two two short…

Next cabs off the rank were yelnats, blackrockrose and yours truly on thirty three and what a long play that was!!! There was an INTIMATION that there was INTIMIDATION during the INITIATION down at the DOMAIN…

Next was vizal on thirty commons unearthed followed by Scouser1952 on twenty two while 2dognight found four of the five common seed words and then called it quits…

Anne (doxydaisy) has been run off her feet with work and family commitments and, when she can play, does so as an anonymous (anon) user so I’ll no longer be listing her as MIA…

With the bar set at seventy three words for mavenhood only seven players overall attained that level so it is quite something that, of those seven, two (dragonman* and ozzyjack*) were 7beamers!!! Well done both of you especially as you both scored the daily double as well!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: April 14, 2023, 06:34:00 PM »
The OTTOMAN was a useful ADDITION to our bedroom.

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: April 15, 2023, 07:01:13 AM »
There was a nomad perched on my ottoman!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2889 on: April 15, 2023, 02:18:41 PM »
With fifty five common words to find, our rosetteer for today was dragonman alone amongst the eleven awarded overall – well done Gareth!!! 👏👏👏

Next off the blocks was rogue_mother on fifty one followed ever so closely by 2dognight on fifty…

Jancsika and ozzyjune found forty nine while blackrockrose was hot on their heels on forty eight…

With forty six found we have auntiemo with yelnats right behind her on forty five…

I was next on thirty nine, sixteen off the pace (and so I won’t put either myself or you all through the pain of an exceedingly long sentence incorporating the words I missed) while vizal, on thirty eight, was just one behind me…

Scouser1952 found an even thirty which leaves Roddles and ozzyjack with the seed word alone while Maudland was MIA…

With a high score of one hundred and nine words for mavenhood I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t have any maven scores yet rogue_mother and dragonman* both managed to pull that particular milestone out of their hats!!! Awesome work both of you!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity which goes to Gareth (dragonman) alone… 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: April 15, 2023, 05:26:22 PM »
I missed 9...they were all absolutely gettable!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2891 on: April 16, 2023, 02:29:23 PM »
Sixty common words made for just seven rosettes overall with, unfortunately, none from any of our coterie… ☹☹☹

The 7beamer’s supremo was rogue_mother who, with fifty seven commons uncovered, was three off the mark…

A further word back was a group of three 7beamers – yelnats, dragonman and Jancsika – all on fifty six who had ozzyjune and blackrockrose hot on their tails with fifty five…

With fifty three common words collected, auntiemo and I were next with seven outstanding commons… The POSEUR, with the look of a SOURPUSS amongst SOURPUSSES, was confounded in his attempt as a PURSUER of an OPOSSUM, with whose SERUM he wanted to use to make a hair-restorative MOUSSE…

Next we have vizal on thirty eight commons closely followed by Scouser1952 with that lovely prime score of thirty seven!!!

Meanwhile, 2dognight and ozzyjack thought discretion the better part of valour after uncovering the seed word and Roddles joined Maudland as MIA…

With eighty one words needed to achieve maven status, it will probably come as no surprise that dragonman and rogue_mother were our only holders of mavenhood… 😎😎😎

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: April 16, 2023, 09:53:23 PM »
To become the supremo, I'd have to be the suppressor of rumpuses and usurp the usurper.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: April 17, 2023, 12:01:13 PM »
Mind-boggling to think that I was the supremo in spite of not having enough serum to counteract the mumps.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2894 on: April 17, 2023, 02:23:30 PM »
Out of three hundred and thirty nine players there were thirteen rosetteers overall, who found all thirty eight common words on offer, with three of them sourced from our coterie – kudos to dragonman and ozzys Jack and June!!! 👏👏👏

Just missing that particular boat but landing on that beautiful prime number thirty seven instead were our rosettenears 2dognight and Maudland…

There were three of our number who became two short with thirty six commons – Jancsika, Roddles and rogue_mother…

Two common words further back, on thirty four and four off the mark, we have blackrockrose, yours truly and vizal (who’s not looking so nonchalant)… While sitting with my COCOA contemplating the CANTONAL nature of Swiss society, a pianist struck up a TOCCATA and a dancer did the CANCAN to it…

Next, on thirty three commons, we have yelnats while Scouser1952 could be found three words further back on a round thirty with auntiemo finding twenty two…

A target of eighty three words made for tough love as ozzyjack*, dragonman* and rogue_mother were the only 7beamers to achieve mavenhood… Well done!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉